US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:10 PM
i see we have a strong late entrant in the "most cringe-worthy post of 2019" contest.

Old 12-28-2019, 06:51 PM   #102
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Guess trolls celebrate Christmas too.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:34 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:10 PM
Representative John Lewis has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, awful news.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:49 AM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:10 AM
Not a good situation at the US embassy in Iraq.

Potential for loss of life and much more

https://twitter.com/peterrneumann/st...913540097?s=21
Old 12-31-2019, 01:25 PM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Not a good situation at the US embassy in Iraq.

Potential for loss of life and much more

https://twitter.com/peterrneumann/st...913540097?s=21
I'm not worried since we have a steady and noninflammatory leader handling the crisis.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:11 PM   #106
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Representative John Lewis has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, awful news.
yeah, wow in a bad way.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:16 PM   #107
Blue Crack Supplier

More ugh from prz pos

Quote:

Trump Promotes Argument That Senate Republicans Should Dismiss Articles of Impeachment

Jerry Lambe 4 hrs ago

President Donald Trump promoted an argument that the GOP-led Senate should move to dismiss the articles of impeachment against him, thereby eliminating the need for a trial. Trump quoted the words of former Bush advisor Brad Blakeman on Tuesday afternoon.

Donald Trump wearing a suit and tie
© Provided by Mediaite, LLC
“It’s my opinion as a lawyer that the Articles of Impeachment are defective on their face, which means I would like to see a Motion to Dismiss and have this disbursed without the necessity of a trial. I don’t think there should be a trial. I think it should be dismissed on 51 votes, which is procedural. You don’t need two thirds,’” Trump tweeted, @-ing Fox News and thanking Blakeman, “a great lawyer & person.”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· 5h
“It’s my opinion as a lawyer that the Articles of Impeachment are defective on their face, which means I would like to see a Motion to Dismiss and have this disbursed without the necessity of a trial. I don’t think there should be a trial. I think it should be dismissed....

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
...on 51 votes, which is procedural. You don’t need two thirds.” Brad Blakeman @FoxNews A great lawyer & person. Thank you Brad!

2:41 PM - Dec 31, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
12.8K people are talking about this
It appears Trump was referring to Blakeman’s appearance on Fox News last week, during which he suggested that the Senate could realistically pursue dismissing charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

“The Senate does have options. As a matter of fact they have many options. The first option would be that after the charges are read in the Senate against the President, his side can make a motion to dismiss which is a procedural vote that only requires a simple majority of 51 votes, and there is no need for a trial because the charges don’t hold up to the constitutional standards,” Blakeman said.

Asked directly what the Senate should do once the articles of impeachment are sent to the House, Blakeman said he believed they should immediately move forward with the option to dismiss the articles.

“Well I happen to believe as a lawyer that the charges are defective on their face – they don’t meet the constitutional standard of High crimes and Misdemeanors. So I would like to see a motion to dismiss,” he said. “I think the 51 senators we have as Republicans should agree with that and there should be no trial, it should be dismissed as a matter of course.”

As previously reported by Law&Crime, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said she can’t pick impeachment managers until she receives assurances from the Senate that there will be a fair trial.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) was quick to respond on Tuesday that “The American people deserve a fair trial.”

Adam Schiff

@RepAdamSchiff

First, Trump said he wanted a trial in the Senate.

Then, he said he wanted to hear from witnesses.

Now, he wants the case dismissed — without either.

The President is afraid of hearing from witnesses, but the Senate should not be.

The American people deserve a fair trial. https://twitt

Old 01-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #108
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Trump didn’t hijack the GOP and bend it to his will. He did something far easier: He looked at the party, saw its fault lines and then offered himself as a pure distillation of accumulated white grievance and anger. He bet that Republican voters didn’t really care about free trade or mutual security, or about the environment or Europe, much less deficits. He rebranded kindness and compassion as “PC” and elevated division and bigotry as the admirable goals of just being politically incorrect. Trump didn’t make Americans more racist; he just normalized the resentments that were simmering in many households. In short, he let a lot of long-suppressed demons out of the box.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...173_story.html

it's not too late, republicans. you just need to get your heads out of your asses and see what's really happening.

or, ahhh i dunno, do a drive by troll post. whatever's easiest.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:17 PM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/st...03070477918208

let's all remember that it's the democrats who are the sore losers who simply can't accept that they lost an election four years ago, and that the GOP has always happily accepted their losses with chins up, and would never consider holding a 50-year grudge over, say, losing a court case.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:39 PM   #110
Blue Crack Addict

The GOP is literally running around screaming that the Democrats are trying to overthrow the election via the impeachment process, as if it's Hillary Clinton who would become President, instead of you know, Mike Pence.

Bernie raised $34.5M in the 4th quarter, which is pretty astounding. I've been quite open that my preferred candidate would be Elizabeth Warren, but if that is not in the cards (because she peaked too early, or because the media went on a concerted rampage against her M4A plan or because she didn't deliver the message in the right way or because of whatever), then I hope that the votes consolidate around Bernie. Joe Biden is just a disaster on the campaign trail and 2 million polls wouldn't be able to convince me that he can beat Trump. Trump would shit all over him at the debates and they'd both come across senile except nobody voting for Trump cares that their guy should be committed. I don't agree with everything Bernie says but I 100% believe that he believes it and has been consistent in believing it for decades. Unlike Pete Buttigieg, who is clearly extremely intelligent and articulate but I don't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. What an unnerving predicament - having to cheer on an almost 80-year-old walking heart attack.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:45 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I kinda want it to be Bernie just so his extreme supporters shut up, but that still won’t happen.

Bernie scares me because the dude has never been challenged on the political stage in his life.

He runs basically unopposed for 25 years and really has stayed out of the spotlight up until 2015 when he really caught fire with his campaign

I really hope he’s a good guy. We all have skeletons of the past. The GOP and Trump will find them, if not make anything up and we’ll see if people stick by him.

Granted this will happen to every democrat who wins nomination.

This year is going to suck no matter what.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:49 PM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

I can’t get over how that dude’s name is Mike Crapo.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:04 PM   #113
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/st...436445185?s=19

Buckle up, folks. It's gonna be a long year.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

openly assassinating the top generals of countries that america isn't even at war with is surely going to end well.

https://twitter.com/farnazfassihi/st...16086057897987
Old 01-02-2020, 11:13 PM   #115
War Child

Turned on CNN briefly and just disgusting coverage, they can't go 60 seconds without saying "he has the blood of American soldiers on his hands." I should have expected such disingenuous framing, but I'm still enraged nonetheless.

Anyway:

Old 01-02-2020, 11:41 PM   #116
War Child

Old 01-02-2020, 11:51 PM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/commsdirector/st...816748549?s=21
Old 01-03-2020, 03:10 AM   #118
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
openly assassinating the top generals of countries that america isn't even at war with is surely going to end well.

https://twitter.com/farnazfassihi/st...16086057897987
If the world survives the year.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:44 AM   #119
Blue Crack Distributor

It's entirely fair, based on the sheer transactional nature of this asshat failed businessman turned reality TV star that some of our favorite trolls thought would be a good president because he tickled their racist bone, to sepculate that this was done as a favor to shut Bolton up.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:31 AM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

There were "imminent threats" to American lives. Pompeo is on CNN and is using the word attack to describe the threat. Threats were located in the region, not in US.