US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2019, 09:56 PM   #481
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:48 PM
new whistleblower on trumps taxes,

Chairman Neil's committee looking quietly for a while. Interference (heh) onto people auditing drumph's or pences taxes by an official.

Old 10-03-2019, 11:29 PM   #482
Blue Crack Supplier

Hey, moonlit you here?

Old 10-04-2019, 01:14 AM   #483
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:48 AM
So it looks like there may be a second whistleblower this time regarding his taxes. Something along the lines where trump pressured the IRS not to look into his financials or something. Lol this guy is one fucked up dude!
Old 10-04-2019, 08:30 AM   #484
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:48 PM
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...f-f7f7b74f0001

The last couple are the best, where the one guy says essentially, no no, you misunderstand the President, there is no quid pro quo, but I suggest we stop the back and forth over texts...

I've read a hell of a lot e-mails related to disclosure and discovery and anyone who thinks that these are nothing is totally out to pasture.

Old 10-04-2019, 08:59 AM   #485
Blue Crack Distributor

We really should wait to see how it all plays out, though. As gzus intended.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:06 AM   #486
Blue Crack Distributor

i lol'd at least

https://gizmodo.com/viral-video-abou...ium=socialflow
Old 10-04-2019, 09:07 AM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think it’s been mentioned in here regarding Mueller

But you can’t stop an investigation if Trump keeps committing crimes.

It’s kinda looking like this is the strategy. Dems will want to gather all the facts but it’s an infinite process under Trump

Dems have more than enough.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:25 AM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So after reading the text messages that clearly point out everything that was going on in the whole impeachment process

We can see how the republicans who were in the room with Volker yesterday view it:

From the ever trustworthy Jim Jordan

House Republicans on Thursday said closed-door testimony from Kurt Volker, the former U.S. special envoy for Ukraine, does not support allegations against President Trump that Democrats are using to launch an impeachment inquiry.

“He has said nothing that coincides what the Democrats are saying with their whole impeachment narrative,” said Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, the top Republican on the House Oversight Committee and a staunch supporter of Trump.

Jordan described Volker as “unbelievably knowledgeable about what was going on in Ukraine,” and he added, “Not one thing he has said comports with any of the Democrats’ impeachment narrative. Not one thing.”

I guess that would include texts like:

"Heard from the White House -- assuming President Z convinces trump he will investigate/'get to the bottom of what happened' in 2016, we will nail down date for visit to Washington,"

and

"Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?" Taylor texted Sondland on September 1.
"Call me," Sondland responded.
A week later, Taylor was even more concerned, texting Sondland: "As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign."

See! Nothing at all that fits with the DemocRATS impeachment fantasy. NOT ONE THING!
Old 10-04-2019, 09:39 AM   #489
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The best part is as she's going on about eating children, AOC is just nodding along like "yep"
Old 10-04-2019, 09:48 AM   #490
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
The best part is as she's going on about eating children, AOC is just nodding along like "yep"
i generally mock the whole "we're just doing it to pwn the libs" mentality of the modern day GOP - but this was genuinely funny.

vee must eet da be-bes!
Old 10-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #491
Blue Crack Distributor

perfect text messages for a perfect phone call.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:58 AM   #492
Blue Crack Addict

The GOP strategy at the Congressional hearing today is...to impeach the character of the whistleblower.

Because how can we trust some guy who got his information from who knows where? I mean it isn't as if the President stood on the lawn of the White House yesterday asking Ukraine and China to investigate Biden.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #493
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The GOP strategy at the Congressional hearing today is...to impeach the character of the whistleblower.

Because how can we trust some guy who got his information from who knows where? I mean it isn't as if the President stood on the lawn of the White House yesterday asking Ukraine and China to investigate Biden.
Shocking. Love how they are trying to pull this on an IG that was appointed by Trump. He seems to be the only one in this whole thing that did the right thing. He investigated the claim and interviewed people named in the report, and concluded that it was Serious and Urgent.

So he confirmed that the whistleblower was correct and backed up by FIRSTHAND witnesses.

This hearing could be significant today.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #494
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Also, what is incredibly sad in all this, Is that (please let this sink in) That the Ukraine and China, showed much more moral standing the president and all his cronies in this whole mess. Ukraine and China. Disgusting.

Also wondering why the CNN reporting of Trump doing the same thing with China on a call with Xi on June 18th is getting NO coverage.
And not only asked about Biden, but also WARREN, which to me is the absolute proof that he is not interested in investigating corruption (which he is claiming as his new defense this morning) because Warren would not fall into that category, even if you believe that the false stories on Biden are in fact not false.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:20 AM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Also wondering why the CNN reporting of Trump doing the same thing with China on a call with Xi on June 18th is getting NO coverage.
And not only asked about Biden, but also WARREN, which to me is the absolute proof that he is not interested in investigating corruption (which he is claiming as his new defense this morning) because Warren would not fall into that category, even if you believe that the false stories on Biden are in fact not false.
I also find this baffling because it's just so clear that if he is pulling in other candidates running against him that the whole premise of combating corruption is a joke. I mean aside from the obvious joke that he would be interested in rooting out corruption at all.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #496
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Also, what is incredibly sad in all this, Is that (please let this sink in) That the Ukraine and China, showed much more moral standing the president and all his cronies in this whole mess. Ukraine and China. Disgusting.
That's the part that gets me with all the Trump morons who keep claiming that this is some sort of Democratic conspiracy. Trump is out there calling every leader of every country he can think of, and they're acknowledging these calls happened and are cooperating in this investigation. If this is strictly the Democrats just being "mean" to Trump, then how do they explain other world leaders confirming these calls and working with the investigation? Are they in on this evil scheme against Trump, too?

And then of course there's this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Seriously, TRUMP IS OPENLY FUCKING ADMITTING TO HIS CRIMES ON CAMERA. So is Giuliani. That's all they've been doing for the last two weeks now. Every piece of evidence that has come from the White House just further proves that. And yet Trump supporters still keep trying to insist there's nothing to this investigation. That takes a special level of delusion and blind loyalty that I can't even begin to fathom.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #497
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
That's the part that gets me with all the Trump morons who keep claiming that this is some sort of Democratic conspiracy. Trump is out there calling every leader of every country he can think of, and they're acknowledging these calls happened and are cooperating in this investigation. If this is strictly the Democrats just being "mean" to Trump, then how do they explain other world leaders confirming these calls and working with the investigation? Are they in on this evil scheme against Trump, too?
Actually Ukraine was very hesitant and didn't want anything to do with the request. Volker and team were trying to make them just read a statement sort of saying they would, something that would placate Baby Trump enough to get them in the door at the WH.

And China seemed both confused and not responsive to investigation request on Biden and Warren.

So these corrupt countries are standing up more for our laws, morality, dignity and sovereignty than King Cheeto is. It's absolutely nuts.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #498
Blue Crack Distributor

Why you ask?

Because we're a soft ass nation where shit like this has never happened before and nobody knows how to fucking deal with it, and/or don't care until it impacts their day to day.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:14 PM   #499
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Beginning of something? Possibly? God please. Romney is being handed a once in a lifetime opportunity.

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/statu...51212030779392
Old 10-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #500
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Actually Ukraine was very hesitant and didn't want anything to do with the request. Volker and team were trying to make them just read a statement sort of saying they would, something that would placate Baby Trump enough to get them in the door at the WH.

And China seemed both confused and not responsive to investigation request on Biden and Warren.

So these corrupt countries are standing up more for our laws, morality, dignity and sovereignty than King Cheeto is. It's absolutely nuts.
Ah, I see. Still, though, yeah, the fact they're doing what you note at the end there should be enough of a clue that something is up here. Seriously, what more proof do Trump supporters need?

Course, there's also the fact that I think, with some Trump supporters, they know full well what Trump is doing is illegal. They just don't care, for all sorts of reasons. As long as he's rallying them against all those pesky minorities and "owning the libs" and whatnot, that's all that matters to them. If our government crumbles in the process, eh, so be it, I guess.

And the people who think that can go fuck themselves.