US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
his winning could power 5 of the biggest cities in the USA for a year!!!!111111

NOT!

(Just in case u weren't sure)

Ugh, I need more curse words from more languages for this wreck of a human being.

Just caught Rachel M on that extension of Mueller's grand jury in DC.
It's (more) Mueller Time! :applaud:

Last edited:
his winning could power 5 of the biggest cities in the USA for a year!!!!111111

NOT!

(Just in case u weren't sure)

Ugh, I need more curse words from more languages for this wreck of a human being.

Just caught Rachel M on that extension of Mueller's grand jury in DC.
It's (more) Mueller Time! :applaud:
I can teach you a few bad words in Spanish if you like!! :p

Man accused of killing California police officer entered U.S. through Arizona border

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ronil-singh-gustavo-perez-arriaga/2439580002/

The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department announced in a news conference Friday that Gustavo Perez Arriaga, 32, was arrested on a murder warrant at a home near Bakersfield, California, on Friday following a statewide manhunt.

Officials said he was trying to escape to Mexico, where he lived before he illegally entered the United States.

Arriaga is accused of shooting and killing Cpl. Ronil Singh on Wednesday during a traffic stop.

....Christianson called his officer's death preventable and blamed sanctuary cities for protecting Arriaga.

....He criticized the state's sanctuary city policies, which limit the cooperation between local law enforcement and federal immigration authorities.

The law prevented authorities from reporting Arriaga to U.S. immigration officials for two previous drunken driving arrests, the sheriff said.

Five others — including his 34-year-old brother, Conrado Virgen Mendoza and 32-year-old co-worker Erik Razo Quiroz,— were also arrested for lying to police. Officials said both men were in the country illegally.

Singh immigrated to the United States from Fiji. He joined Newman's 12-officer police force in 2011. He was the first officer to be killed in the line of duty in the department's history. He left behind a wife and a 5-month-old son.

Man accused of killing California police officer entered U.S. through Arizona border

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ronil-singh-gustavo-perez-arriaga/2439580002/
Oh my God! Your anecdotal example has convinced me that Trump is right! We need a wall to keep out the murderers and rapists! The overwhelming statistics that most illegal immigrants are upstanding citizens, and/or that moat of them are those who overstay their visa and not actually crossing the border must be #fakenews.

Thank you for clearing my head. Here I thought you were a racist tool.

Oh my God! Your anecdotal example has convinced me that Trump is right! We need a wall to keep out the murderers and rapists! The overwhelming statistics that most illegal immigrants are upstanding citizens, and/or that moat of them are those who overstay their visa and not actually crossing the border must be #fakenews.

Thank you for clearing my head. Here I thought you were a racist tool.
[emoji7]

A couple national news stories in which people who came here illegally murdered people (the case Bluer White shared, and the one with the young woman here in Iowa being murdered last summer).

Republicans: We need a wall right now! We need to do everything imaginable to try and keep these people from coming in here and murdering our citizens! We'd be willing to change our Constitutional rights if we have to in order to try and stop this invasion!

Meanwhile...

Multiple mass shootings committed by people who were born and raised within the States over the past few years, one of which included the massacre of 20 young children.

Republicans: Well, y'know, we can't just go around changing all our laws because of this. This is clearly just a mental health issue, we don't need to do anything about people's access to guns and we have the Constitution to think about and we gotta protect people's Second Amendment rights and everything. I mean, you can put all the laws in place you want to try and stop this, criminals aren't gonna follow them. These laws will just screw over the law-abiding citizens in the end anyway. Thoughts and prayers, though.

Two things these last few posts have shown us, again, is that some of you still think we have to change the Constitution to keep illegal immigrants out of the U.S., and some of you still think illegal is a race. :huh:

The Constitution is for Americans, legal American citizens. It’s a good document, you should read it sometime.

BTW, what do you think would happen if you illegally entered any other country on the planet? Yeah, it’s not good.

Also, just a reminder we do have a legal immigration process. But screw all those people doing it the right way, and let other people jump the line because that’s what you’re told to think.

And while you pull up your liberal talking point about seeking asylum, yup, we have laws for that too, and it’s not storming the border.

Finally, it doesn’t matter if it’s only ONE illegal immigrant who kills or rapes someone (it’s not), how would you feel if your child or loved one was murdered by someone who didn’t even belong here, and may not have been if our borders hadn’t been a porous sieve for 20 years?

Rinse, repeat. Here it comes......

Racist!:doh:

Two things these last few posts have shown us, again, is that some of you still think we have to change the Constitution to keep illegal immigrants out of the U.S.

Trump's talked in the past about wanting to change the Constitutional law that would allow for birthright citizenship. That's where we're getting that from.

and some of you still think illegal is a race. :huh:

...uh...what? No?

Finally, it doesn’t matter if it’s only ONE illegal immigrant who kills or rapes someone (it’s not), how would you feel if your child or loved one was murdered by someone who didn’t even belong here, and may not have been if our borders hadn’t been a porous sieve for 20 years?

I would be horrified, devastated, and would absolutely want that person punished for the crime.

I would not, however, use that as an opportunity to stereotype illegal immigrants in general as violent criminals and push some boogeyman theory about them coming to kill our citizens. I would not use that as justification for a stupid border wall that I know full well would do absolutely nothing to stop other people from crossing the border, or solve our crime problem, or other issues of that sort (because, see, those are complex issues, and have a lot of factors involved, so they require complex, long-term, detailed solutions). Plenty of people have come here illegally and haven't committed murder, or any other violent crimes for that matter, after all. Why should they get blamed for the murderous actions of a small handful of people?

And none of your post addresses the GOP's hypocrisy in how they're willing to go all out with laws to try and stop illegal immigrants, but when it comes to the issue of mass shootings, suddenly they just can't seem to really be bothered to do anything of any significance, because, as they keep saying, "You can pass all the laws you want, criminals won't obey them." Couldn't that same argument be made for illegal immigrants? If the idea is that mass shooters won't follow any laws we pass to try and keep them from getting guns and committing crimes, what makes you think illegal immigrants who are violent will follow any laws we pass to stop them from coming here and committing crimes?

But hey, let's turn your hypothetical scenario back on you. How would you feel if your child was murdered in a school shooting by somebody who had easy access to a gun because the laws didn't do anything to try and keep him from getting one, or he wasn't getting the proper treatment necessary to keep him from hurting other people, or things of that sort?

Two things these last few posts have shown us, again, is that some of you still think we have to change the Constitution to keep illegal immigrants out of the U.S., and some of you still think illegal is a race. :huh:

The Constitution is for Americans, legal American citizens. It’s a good document, you should read it sometime.

If you have read the constitution, you’d know its language intentionally avoids the use of “citizen” and in place routinely uses “person,” and it is understood in legal realms that the US constitution applies to anyone on US soil. Now, it does apply to citizens abroad when with respects to interaction with the United States.

BTW, what do you think would happen if you illegally entered any other country on the planet? Yeah, it’s not good.

If you illegally enter most first world countries, it’s fairly similar to the United States. A dose of hardship, a dose of government anti-immigration, a dose of government welfare, a dose of endured prejudice, and a slim chance at achieving citizenship.

If you illegally enter a third world country and manage to get away with it, probably nobody gives a shit. After all, these are the countries where everyone is trying to get away from.

Also, just a reminder we do have a legal immigration process. But screw all those people doing it the right way, and let other people jump the line because that’s what you’re told to think.

There’s something to be said about why people illegally immigrate to western countries. They’re poor as shit and we have opportunity for them that they don’t have in their country. And at that - they’re not getting in legally. The system is hard to get in for a reason. Everyone wants in and if you let that happen all at once, it’s a crisis on many fronts. But poor people from third world countries are stuck to a raffle where the odds are against them. Border security is a necessity to stop illegal immigration flux (a density over time), this is true. But bringing illegal immigration flux to zero isn’t necessary.

And while you pull up your liberal talking point about seeking asylum, yup, we have laws for that too, and it’s not storming the border.

Uh, actually this is pretty wrong. Asylum claims ARE mads at the border. At the borders in airports, and yes, the land borders, and the ports. They’re made directly to CBP.

It’d feel shitty. How would you feel if your kindergartener was mowed down by an assault rifle? How would you feel if your kid was murdered by a legal immigrant? I bet there are numbers on that. How about a naturally born citizen? I bet there are numbers on that.

Can you show where?

Americans or US citizens. Are you sure you’ve read it?

Wait, I thought this was about facts, not feelings?

So the parents of those murdered by citizens don’t deserve a national discussion?

Let me ask, because I know Bluer WILL NOT engage, does the article state how this individual came into the U.S.?

i know you're incapable of understanding what you read

Two things these last few posts have shown us, again, is that some of you still think we have to change the Constitution to keep illegal immigrants out of the U.S., and some of you still think illegal is a race.

CourteousPalatableDrake-small.gif

giphy.gif

The fuck it does.

First off the Constitution, which was crafted and signed by many people who were immigrants themselves btw (including Hamilton himself) never once mentions immigration.

Alas - I'm very much in favor of immigration reform. Reform that makes sense. The irony upon ironies is that this president, so hopped up on that sweet sweet Fox News propaganda, has made the issues at the border worse through his policies. Illegal immigration was declining. The fear that the border will close forever is actually driving immigration up. Add in the Trump Sonora tent cities and it's a REAL full blown humanitarian crisis formed out of a reaction to a crisis that didn't actually exist.

Policy isn't made by anecdote. That said? Sure - it's horrible. And that person shouldn't be here. Let's do something about that. Let's increase deportation of criminals, while providing a path for citizenship for the honest, hardworking immigrants cleaning up discarded KFC buckets at Trump Bedminster.

You know... what we were doing before January 20, 2017.

One thing that will not accomplish anything is a fucking border wall. Here's a story for you to ponder - what if you were a government employee, living paycheck to paycheck, unable to save anything, providing for your family, who currently found yourself without a paycheck over funding over an ineffective intimate object on the southern border? How would you react?

Meanwhile, in other news that you will never see reported here:

http://dlvr.it/Qw2wBG

An article that makes fun of somebody burying something to the 4th paragraph, while burying their own smoking gun in the 15th paragraph - and the smoking gun is nothing more than two people giving the exact same canned "I have no knowledge of" denial?

You're right. Call the Times. We must end Mueller! Thank you Gzus I have seen the light!

A couple national news stories in which people who came here illegally murdered people (the case Bluer White shared, and the one with the young woman here in Iowa being murdered last summer).

Republicans: We need a wall right now! We need to do everything imaginable to try and keep these people from coming in here and murdering our citizens! We'd be willing to change our Constitutional rights if we have to in order to try and stop this invasion!

Meanwhile...

Multiple mass shootings committed by people who were born and raised within the States over the past few years, one of which included the massacre of 20 young children.

Republicans: Well, y'know, we can't just go around changing all our laws because of this. This is clearly just a mental health issue, we don't need to do anything about people's access to guns and we have the Constitution to think about and we gotta protect people's Second Amendment rights and everything. I mean, you can put all the laws in place you want to try and stop this, criminals aren't gonna follow them. These laws will just screw over the law-abiding citizens in the end anyway. Thoughts and prayers, though.
Excellently well said!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what you are saying is that you would feel horrible if your loved one was murdered by an illegal but you wouldn’t feel so bad if your loved one was murdered by a mass shooter because he was a legal resident????

Get out of here... you trumpets are something else!

Oh and by the way... there were a few posters here who were outed after somebody figured out who they were on Reddit for, well, I'll let his Reddit post speak for itself...

I made this Meme as an inside joke with a friend. We created a secret Cracker Barrel (Real America) code thread in a music forum full of spez-types that want to shut down free speech. This represents my mood right now. If I hear one more Liberal talking nonsense I'm going to go full Gran Torino. I need some Tucker right now !!!

Some of the posters partaking are still here, and yea, we remember who they are.

Can someone explain to me what the crisis is in regards to illegal immigration? I totally get that borders exist and countries need laws and rules, but what’s the crisis here? I don’t live in a border state but I do live in a neighborhood that’s basically 95% immigrants and it’s safe and clean and people seem to work very hard and take care of their families and cook some really fantastic food. I imagine many of them are legal, but probably not all.

What’s the problem?

Can someone explain to me what the crisis is in regards to illegal immigration? I totally get that borders exist and countries need laws and rules, but what’s the crisis here? I don’t live in a border state but I do live in a neighborhood that’s basically 95% immigrants and it’s safe and clean and people seem to work very hard and take care of their families and cook some really fantastic food. I imagine many of them are legal, but probably not all.

What’s the problem?
They're brown, and that makes the Cracker Barrell Crew nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom