Trump General Discussion III - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #681
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Didn't even register that. So now he's simply trying. Not doing. He and Yoda should have a word.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #682
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:08 PM
Doing the same shit but saying you're not?

Old 12-22-2016, 05:12 PM   #683
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
He didn't apologize, he said, "I goofed," and nowhere was it referred to as slander.
I was being somewhat facetious
Old 12-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #684
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Newt apologized for slandering DTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
He didn't apologize, he said, "I goofed," and nowhere was it referred to as slander.
Whew....a drink at the Fym Bar might be good for what ails ya, Danny Boy.

Maybe a Jameson ?
Old 12-22-2016, 06:49 PM   #685
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:08 PM
nobody here but us fascists.

Quote:
President-elect Donald Trump's transition team has asked the State Department to list its workers who focus on gender equality and ending violence against women, in what's being seen as an echo of an earlier request for the Energy Department to list employees who work on climate change.

In a brief email that was sent Wednesday morning, the Trump team asked the State Department's bureaus and offices to list any programs or activities that "promote gender equality, such as ending gender-based violence, promoting women's participation in economic and political spheres, entrepreneurship, etc."

The email was acquired and published by The New York Times, which reports:

Quote:
"Although the wording of the memo is neutral and does not hint at any policy change, it rattled State Department employees, even those at senior levels. Some officials said they feared that the incoming Trump administration was trying to determine what programs were focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues, though the memo did not refer to them."
The team also asked the department offices to "note positions whose primary functions are to promote such issues" and to highlight any funds for the current financial year that are "already allocated to such programs and activities."

Affirming the Times' characterization of the email's reception, The Los Angeles Times quotes a senior State Department official who said, "People are freaked out."

Trump Team Asks State Dept. To Name Those Working On Gender Equality : The Two-Way : NPR
Old 12-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #686
Blue Crack Distributor

Can you explain to me why a perceived attack on gender equality would mean an attack on LGBT causes automatically? It's felt throughout a lot of this process that the LGBT community (and not without reason, mind you) has been super paranoid about everything going on, even though, by and large, it seems like that particular group has mostly been overlooked in Trump's constant outpouring of offenses.

Please don't take the question the wrong way, I'm genuinely just not following and want to understand.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:03 PM   #687
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Newt apologized for slandering DTS

No he didn't, but what he did was still as spineless, as is the rest of the GOP.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 12-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #688
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Can you explain to me why a perceived attack on gender equality would mean an attack on LGBT causes automatically? It's felt throughout a lot of this process that the LGBT community (and not without reason, mind you) has been super paranoid about everything going on, even though, by and large, it seems like that particular group has mostly been overlooked in Trump's constant outpouring of offenses.

Please don't take the question the wrong way, I'm genuinely just not following and want to understand.

Gender and sexuality are intimately connected, and I believe that's what they asked for from State -- people who worked with n gender and sexuality stuff.

While it seems as if Trump himself doesn't personallycare, Mike Pence certainly does, and so do The Senators Cruz and Lee who are planning to reintroduce their "religious freedom" bill, which will legalize discrimination against LGBT as well as unmarried people.

While I'd be a bit more scared if I were Muslim or the environment or a woman, there's plenty to fret about for LGBT folks.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:12 PM   #689
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post

Personally, I'm with you. I don't feel threatened. In fact, if anything, Donnie Orange has been a shepherd of his folks to "move past" that "issue."

Why folks of the LGBT community are worried? Gender equality and LGBT rights are implicitly related. Both are related through the challenging of the "traditional" social model, if you will.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #690
Blue Crack Supplier

Homophobia is misogyny.

With SCOTUS up for grabs (no nominee should be confirmed until after the 2020 election, because if the will of the people is so important, then the 3m more who voted for HRC must be represented), I do not take the legality of my marriage, or of my right not to be refused service, or a social environment where thugs do not feel emboldened, for granted at all.

And I live in about the most tolerant place possible.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:03 PM   #691
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
With SCOTUS up for grabs (no nominee should be confirmed until after the 2020 election, because if the will of the people is so important, then the 3m more who voted for HRC must be represented)

No . . . that is not how this works. I'm sorry.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #692
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Quote:
Homophobia is misogyny.

With SCOTUS up for grabs (no nominee should be confirmed until after the 2020 election, because if the will of the people is so important, then the 3m more who voted for HRC must be represented), I do not take the legality of my marriage, or of my right not to be refused service, or a social environment where thugs do not feel emboldened, for granted at all.

And I live in about the most tolerant place possible.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:25 PM   #693
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Gender and sexuality are intimately connected, and I believe that's what they asked for from State -- people who worked with n gender and sexuality stuff.

While it seems as if Trump himself doesn't personallycare, Mike Pence certainly does, and so do The Senators Cruz and Lee who are planning to reintroduce their "religious freedom" bill, which will legalize discrimination against LGBT as well as unmarried people.

While I'd be a bit more scared if I were Muslim or the environment or a woman, there's plenty to fret about for LGBT folks.

you Don't have to tell me with Pence, I definitely get it there. Thank you for the response, that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Personally, I'm with you. I don't feel threatened. In fact, if anything, Donnie Orange has been a shepherd of his folks to "move past" that "issue."

Why folks of the LGBT community are worried? Gender equality and LGBT rights are implicitly related. Both are related through the challenging of the "traditional" social model, if you will.
And thank you as well. Both responses help me kinda get a better understanding.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:28 PM   #694
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

You haven't been paying attention have you? Tell me again all the excuses for blocking Obama's appointment.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:30 PM   #695
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

How does it work though? Surely republicans were calling for the will of the people as a reason to delay a nomination. Now, that confuses me because, the election shows that the will of the people was Hillary Clinton. Yet, the will of the union (which is how of course our electoral system works) chose Trump.

Do you think this election says the will of the people is Donald Trump? Let me be clear... I'm not supportive of a popular vote system. But a popular vote system is the very definition of the will of the people.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #696
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You haven't been paying attention have you? Tell me again all the excuses for blocking Obama's appointment.

Wouldn't it be lovely if you had 60 Democratic Senators
Old 12-22-2016, 08:32 PM   #697
Refugee

Local Time: 12:08 PM
You are exercising rationalism. I don't think that exists anymore.

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 12-22-2016, 09:02 PM   #698
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Wouldn't it be lovely if you had 60 Democratic Senators

No, it would be lovely if you hadn't lit the match.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:05 PM   #699
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:38 AM
I don't think there is anything more painful in the current state of this board (aside from instances of racism/misogyny from the reactionaries here) than liberals discussing anything related to Russia and ensuing hysteria.

As someone who is part Russian and doesn't subscribe to liberal or nationalistic perspectives on the country, it's painful to have to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
United States of Soviet Russia

Dude tweeted about nukes just hours after Putin discussed the same issue.

For all these American flag wearing, red white and blue bleeding GOP people, why do they accept a president who looks up to, praises, and quite possibly beholden to a known enemy of our country?

What would Ronald Think???

Old 12-22-2016, 09:09 PM   #700
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:08 PM
I've no issue with Russia itself as a nation, but Trump's friendship with Putin, and the idea of a foreign nation that we haven't had the best relationship with (to put it mildly) having a role in hacking our system and influencing the outcome of our election in Trump's favor is worrying.

Plus, as noted, there's just the basic irony of how Republicans were all about hating Russia for years, 'cause commies and whatnot...but now, apparently, it's totally okay with them that Trump's got a good relationship with the nation and its leader. 'Cause Putin's all strong and manly tough, unlike that "weak" Obama .