In the Spirit of John 15:17 I dare both Repulicans/Democrats and Non US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonoman said:
If you ever ask a Canadian 'what they are' i'd say 75% of them would say Irish or German or Chinese.

In America they expect everyone to become AMERICAN.

My most recent foreign ancestors came over from England in the 1700s; the rest came prior to that and even before that. TO be politically correct, I guess I would have to go around telling everyone I am Ango-Creek-Cherokee-American, and unfortunately some of my ancestors took part in the Confederacy, so I guess I should insert "Confederate" in there somewhere, even though I am ashamed of that treasonous episode. But "American" is so much shorter and easier [insert stereotype about lazy Americans here].

~U2Alabama

What about Hitler? He gets nothing but slack. Why doesn't someone list 5 nice things about Hitler?

No one? Anyone have the courage? H-E-L-L-O????????

Alright....here goes.....

1) He made it tragically uncool to wear a "Hitler mastacue". I think we can all say that is "good thing".

2)He had a goofy smile that alone makes people giggle at its insanity.

3)He had a remarkable gift for persuading millions of followers, albeit by means of torture and genocide.

4)....uh....let me think of another one.....

5)...hmmmm......I can't drag this out any longer. I'm stumped......

Anyone have any truly nice things to say about this guy?

Concerning the post about Hitler. What I meant to say was his funny mustache. I don't know why I misspelled that word. Okay, moving on....

5 nice things about George W. Bush:

1) He's charming in a Mayberry, Huckle-berry Hound sort of way.

2) He is friendly to his collegues and invites them to cookouts at the White House.

3) He apparently doesn't drink alcohol, which after doing so is an extremely difficult quality to maintain.

4) He remains physically fit, despite a job (that by definition) shouldn't allow him to stay healthy.

5) He isn't Hitler....at least not yet.

Another misprint. I meant to say that Hitler gets nothing but "flack", not "slack".

Someday I promise to proofread my posts before I post them. I swear.

for some reason I only use the lightbulb smilie in this forum

There's this button......... its called "edit".

z edge said:

Yes it is generalizing .

Can you imagine another country as diverse as America? With as many different nationalities that we open our doors to do you really think we ignore other cultures?

that's great, it really is...but I believe I was just saying that
as a huge generalization
most don't even know the history or ANYTHING about canada let alone the rest of the world.

it's actually just part of the personality of the States and that's fine by me.It's been a trend after world war I and II which America just wanted to stay out of but got hauled into(and thank God!)
and this introvertness was accentuated after the vietnam war

its not a really bad thing...just part of the personality...much like people can can shy so can a country.

couldnt sleep.......lest we GET MORE OFF TRACK....

Here it is-
John 15 :17-
(Jesus said)-
These things I command you, that ye have love for one another.....

Now in that spirit, can YOU list 5 NICE things..of a polictical person you just dont see eye to eye with?:idea:
Is that asking too much?:idea:
More than alot?:idea:

Diamond
:idea:::dance: :cool:

Last edited:
There is no need to keep bringing Hitler up in threads about George W Bush. If you want to bloody talk about him so much, someone start a thread and we can all post how vile we think he was.

Another thing, it is time we all accept that Bush is very much in the world's interest right now. Any president is. Any criticicm an outsider has is automatically taken as Anti American sentiments and written off. If a thread is started about the president, expect all types of replies. I think we all know well enough that sometimes the original topic is strayed from.

Lastly, any more personal sniping and bitching can be kept within emails and pms. If anyone doesn't understand this, please refer to Sicy's message at the top of the thread list.

Last edited:
Re: couldnt sleep.......lest we GET MORE OFF TRACK....

diamond said:
Here it is-
John 15 :17-
(Jesus said)-
These things I command you, that ye have love for one another.....

Now in that spirit, can YOU list 5 NICE things..of a polictical person you just dont see eye to eye with?:idea:
Is that asking too much?:idea:
More than alot?:idea:

Diamond
:idea:::dance: :cool:

:idea:

And since I do not use "smilies" to indicate my emotional intent, I wanted to let Angela_Harlem_9 know that I was merely joking on something that I could not resist.

~U2Alabama

Interesting topic you have started here Diamond, but in all honesty I dont think I could ever say or find five nice things to say about Bush or the Australian prime minister at the moment John Howard......I always vote for the Greens, that is when I remember to vote, but anyway I actually see Howard as even more of an idiot than Bush (sorry I know you like Bush, but I guess I just dont share your ideals), but anyway really to say five nice things about Howard, tha man who will not say sorry to our indigenous propulation, cut higher education funding severley, made it harder to get into universities, holds people in detention centres because he deems them to be not refugees, even though they are escaping political and religious persecution, uses these people as political scapegoats to win elections, pledges allegiance to the monarchy----argh!!!!!!!!! this list could go on and on and on, sorry if I bugged anyone!:eeklaugh:

Its not Johnny who decides if they are refugees. The UN convention in 1951 and the Protocol in '67 decides that OzA. Most of our 600,000 new settlers under such conditions are here from our offshore humanitarian resettlement program.
I agree that Johnny has a list as long as your arm of faults. But these refugess are here illegally. We try not to be lenient on anyone who breaks the law with a sad past. No one bats an eye. These people are fed, sheltered, cared for. Basic amenities yes but you will find the immigration queues full of people running from very bad sad existances in many other countries too. I agree wholeheartedly that we should let these people in, I dont like to think we would turn any of them away. But you cannot waltz up on our shoreline, jump the queue, get detained and sew your lips shut to make your point - THEN blame our government for it.
These people abuse their children, destroy property, escape and get themselves into massive amounts of trouble out in the SA middle of nowhere.
I feel enormous sympathy for those who are still out there in these camps after 2 years. It is a ridiculous amount of time to wait. Coming through the legitimiate channels would be quicker than the time some of them are waiting.

But consider this. For the others, not the exceptions. If we open the floodgates so to speak, and fast track all applications and disregard status for the sake of getting them all settled a lot quicker, what will happen? It has to be all or nothing. There are at a very conservative estimate upwards of 100,000's of people worldwide now who are looking to seek asylum. How fantastic would it be to offer them a safe place to stay or move if they chose. But we can barely afford to pension our elderly. I fear we would crumble quicker than expectation could allow if we bit the bullet and took them all. It is sad and unfortunate, but it has to be all or nothing. We cannot turn a blind eye to some as that is beyond fair to those we turn away.

I have ranted but the whole refugee thing gets to me and I'm not sure why. I feel for them, and yet feel our government for once, is not solely to blame for some outcomes. Its hard...I'll stop raving like a lunatic now.
:huh:

z edge said:
Melon,
I should have expected you to start up the misbehavior once Achtung Bubba left.

Typical.

Oh yes...so if I'm not idolizing Republicans, I'm "starting up misbehavior."

I will admit that I am not some die-hard liberal, and, if the question had been posed to name good within the Republican Party, I could have found it. However, I am not a Bush fan of any sort. I find the entire family, along with their prot?g?, Ronald Reagan, to be the worst presidents to happen to our nation in a long time. FYI, I do care quite a bit about issues such as ethics and family values, and to have heard these despots make lip-service to these issues to garner votes angers me deeply. It is no wonder that the 1980s are regarded as the "greed" decade and that the Bush I era was characterized by denial over a recession and a half-assed war. I fear that Bush II will be no different, actually.

We share many common values, needless to say, but I cannot find five good things to say about our current president, because I believe that *anything* good that he says is just an act. He gets no bonus points for insincerity and domestic propaganda to prop himself up over the fact that, poll-wise, people don't really approve of him over anything except the war on terrorism. Again, I expect an invasion of Iraq...oh let's say one month before the November elections: just in time to prop up the Republican Party as the only real party. He's always been great at timing.

Needless to say, these are my opinions, and I wholly respect your right to disagree. I'm hoping that the same respect will be extended to me, and I do not appreciate being banally labelled in the image of Bubba.

Melon

martha said:

Any elaboration on that?

Let your "yes" be "yes" and your "no" be "no"; anything more than this comes from the devil. Or something like that.

melon said:

Oh yes...so if I'm not idolizing Republicans, I'm "starting up misbehavior."

Well, you said it not me :cool:

I will admit that I am not some die-hard liberal, and, if the question had been posed to name good within the Republican Party, I could have found it.

Well why didn't you then, instead of trying to be cute in a well intentioned thread. It didn't specify that you had to talk about Bush only.

However, I am not a Bush fan of any sort. I find the entire family, along with their prot?g?, Ronald Reagan, to be the worst presidents to happen to our nation in a long time.

1. Your opinion, not fact or reflective of the American people.
2. We all know this to be your opinion by now, do you have to bring it up every time :rolleyes:

FYI, I do care quite a bit about issues such as ethics and family values, and to have heard these despots make lip-service to these issues to garner votes angers me deeply.

Again, your opinion. Sorry you are angered, deeply.

It is no wonder that the 1980s are regarded as the "greed" decade and that the Bush I era was characterized by denial over a recession and a half-assed war. I fear that Bush II will be no different, actually.

In the interest of saving our lives, Bush #41 halted us when our objective had been met. Kuwait had been liberated, and the Iraqi "army" had been crushed. Big mistake too, if we only could have known then. But Hussein had agreed and even signed documents that clearly stated terms and conditions of the cease fire that clearly spelled out his doom.

Obviously we should have listened to Stormin' Norman. However big a mistake Bush #41 made in 1991, not as big the mistake as his predecessor made in 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, and 00.

And don't be fooled by "lip-service", my friend. While Clinton gave all of you believers lip-service and "half-assed" the issues you care about (gays in the military, health care reform, economy, unemployment) he was really getting lip-service of his own if you umm-(a different kind that is) know what I mean:tongue:

We share many common values, needless to say, but I cannot find five good things to say about our current president, because I believe that *anything* good that he says is just an act.

Now Melon, can you prove that? It's not that you can't say 5 good things about him, you simply refuse to. Heres why:

Last summer (june? july?) in this forum in yet another Bush-hating thread; I named off a list of hypothetical achievements that Bush was "responsible" for. I believe it may have went something like this;

if Bush were President during/ and responsible personally for the end of wars (world peace), end of starvation (world hunger), cure for AIDS, and so on etc..etc.. would you still hate him then??

and you said in a round about very well-versed typical Melon response "YES, I WOULD"

Of course I am sure that is not an exact quote of what transpired, but very close-don't you remember??

He gets no bonus points for insincerity and domestic propaganda to prop himself up over the fact that, poll-wise, people don't really approve of him over anything except the war on terrorism

Look at what he inherited, this country was going to hell in a handbasket before 911, which was the icing on the cake. I think you need to look at your polls again Melon, or rather stop looking at liberal or biased polls. A lot of people (liberals, democrats) are unhappy that his high poll numbers across the board are higher than Clinton's were. The difference is this president is actually having to work at real issues and is obviously guided by a higher power, instead of his penis.

And that is a rather strange thing to say coming from a guy with a name like mine ;) (meant for emphasis)

Again, I expect an invasion of Iraq...oh let's say one month before the November elections: just in time to prop up the Republican Party as the only real party. He's always been great at timing.

Let's talk about timing:

Q: When was it that Bill Clinton suddenly decided to enforce the No-Fly-Zone and the compliance with weapons inspectors?

A: Only when he was getting ready to be impeached

Q: When was it that Bill Clinton retaliated against terrorist acts committed towards the United States and our intrests?

A: Only when he ws getting ready to be impeached

Now, for extra credit answer me this one: Should we allow Iraq to carry on the Genocide against their own population, the development of weapons of mass destruction, the arming and funding of terrorism against Jews, Americans for another 8 years?

Needless to say, these are my opinions, and I wholly respect your right to disagree. I'm hoping that the same respect will be extended to me, and I do not appreciate being banally labelled in the image of Bubba.

Melon

Yes as I have told you before, I do respect your opinion quite a bit. But you know that when you bash my Bush, you are bound to get served;)

and

No, I wouldn't do that to my pal Bubba
:sexywink:

:arrow: I am Z EDGE ( for those who still don't know)

Last edited:
martha said:

Any elaboration on that?

My religious faith leads me to reject unnecessary, demonic images such as smilies; quite simply, I go by the following guidelines when responding to threads: let your "yes" be "yes" and your "no" be "no"; anything more than this comes from the devil.

~U2Alabama

You know folks..
I made this easy..
I requested ..5 simple NICE things that you could list about another human being:idea:

Is that asking too much?
Please convince me Iam wrong..
Thanks
Diamond:cool: :| :adam: :cool:

Canada is more multicultural than the States. I walk down the main street in Scarborough (where I live) and most of the signs are in about 3 languages. My school releases all of the letters to parents in 25 different languages.
When I was talking to my dad about when his family came to Canada, I asked him, "Why Canada?" He said that other countries (UK, USA) arent as open to immigrants. His family chose Canada. They would've gone to Australia but it was kinda far away from Macedonia.
In Canada, there is no pressure to be Canadian. When someone asks you, "What are you", you dont have to say Canadian. In fact, most people dont. They say they are Sri Lankan, British, Native, Chinese, etc, even if they are citizens.

diamond said:
You know folks..
I made this easy..
I requested ..5 simple NICE things that you could list about another human being:idea:

Is that asking too much?
Please convince me Iam wrong..
Thanks
Diamond:cool: :| :adam: :cool:

oh ok.
so the smililes are like satanic:arrow: ?
help me :arrow: us?
thx
db9:dance:

if u find the dancer satanic plez ignore him;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom