Will they tour next year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliEnvy

Refugee
Most say no but I heard a sketchy rumour that The Doves were in talks to support U2 next year....hmmm.

This was apparently a news bit on The Doves' site that was taken down the following day early this week. I did NOT see this myself...but....*crosses her fingers* please please please please let it be true!!

:ohmy: :happy: :heart: :cool:

Now, this sounds interesting.

I think they will tour starting next fall, but this is my uninformed opinion.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Peace.

Neh

you shouldnt listen to rumours-just wait til the band say they will tour thats when *I* get excited :|

Lara Mullen said:
Neh

you shouldnt listen to rumours-just wait til the band say they will tour thats when *I* get excited :|

But it's also fun to get excited about the rumors!

I generally tend to take all rumors with a grain of salt, but they DO excite me.

Most of the info coming out seems to point to the fact that they may or may not tour in support of their next studio album. Perhaps Larry has finally convinced them to become the Beatles. I would be very surprised if we see them on the road again before 2004. The only thing that makes me curious is that in personal interactions people have been having with them recently they seem to be under the gun from the record company. Perhaps there is a lot of pressure to "strike while the iron is hot." What I mean by that is U2 is hot right now...and they may not want to wait as long as they did between Zooropa and Pop. Who knows...I am hoping for late 2003 early 2004 so I can save!

cmb737 said:
Who knows...I am hoping for late 2003 early 2004 so I can save!

Exactly!

*Word on the street --> it's going to be a *real* world tour....

cmb737 said:
The only thing that makes me curious is that in personal interactions people have been having with them recently they seem to be under the gun from the record company. Perhaps there is a lot of pressure to "strike while the iron is hot."

Hmm...I don't think they bow to record company pressure myself. Given their position I suspect they get a lot of latitude. My guess is that it's self-induced pressure 1) creatively speaking and 2) to finish out this last contract and be in a good bargaining position for the next.

I'd be mighty suprised if they release a new studio album in the next year or so without touring to support it. Where and when are the questions...

Bono said last week to MissZoo, they will tour next year after they realsed the new album in spring, cos they feel they missed out Europe...

Next Year - Yay! :D

Europe - :no:

Don't get me wrong, that's great news for the European fans, but I'm so far away! :sad:

I'm like any other fan in this forum, I hope they tour soon, but i think that they will wait till the end of next year and 2004!! Either way I guess it's time to start saving $ again!:p

AliEnvy said:

Hmm...I don't think they bow to record company pressure myself. Given their position I suspect they get a lot of latitude. My guess is that it's self-induced pressure 1) creatively speaking and 2) to finish out this last contract and be in a good bargaining position for the next.

I didn't mean to suggest that U2 is "bowing" to pressure from record companies. I mearly mean to suggest that perhaps they feel pressure (and realize that they are hot right now) to get something to market. I think they want to avoid a big gap in albums, where they will lose some of the momentum that they have on their side currently. I agree with what you are saying about their "next" contract though and would expect that if there is one at all...it will probably be their last and hopefully will reflect financially a signifigant reward for what they have brought to the table in the last 20 years. I agree...100 million plus bands probably get whatever they want..when ever they want it.

I was disgusted- they didnt come to belfast for Elevation tour- they went to Slane it was only gonna be once thankfully they came twice....its their freakin home & i tink they should play more shows :scream: i want to see more of larry in the flesh dammit :scream:

I'm ready any time they are!
I'd love to see them touring again soon but it won't probably happen until 2004.

On a semi-related note we went to see circus at The Pond(where U2 played in Anaheim) last week and I just had to sing ooooooh-oooooooh, eleevatiooooon, and did some Bono-jumps.:D

Angel said:

*Word on the street --> it's going to be a *real* world tour....

lets hope so this time...the last *world* tour was was a little bit of a joke.

bono_man said:

lets hope so this time...the last *world* tour was was a little bit of a joke.

I'll second that , why didn't tour they in asia , auz , zooland , south america and most of europe , the elevation tour really suffered from it , the best jam on the tour happened in europe ( germany i think ) when they did Hawakmoon269-desire-running to stand still - desire thing :drool: :drool: :| :|

There are contradictory rumors right now. Most are second hand from fans that talked with or overheard members of U2 recently leaving the studio or something like that.

First off, statements can be greatly misinterpreted in these circumstances and sometimes exagerrated.

Secondly, Bono is known to say ALOT of stuff off the cuff which is what he would LIKE to do but looking realistically at the situation will not happen. I think if he did say an album next spring and tour right after, it was a case of over zealous off the cuffness LOL.

Third, supposedly Bono also said it might be quite some time before U2 tours again and was not sure if they would tour for the next album. So this flies right in the face of what a fan said Bono said.

Logically, the new album will most likely be out in Fall of 2003 with a tour to follow starting in 2004. I would think that is the quickest we will see them on the road again. If they run into problems or change the direction of the album it could all be pushed back another year. Who knows, only the band has an IDEA, I dont think they even know for sure right now. So just look forward to the new songs on Best Of and wait for the band to tell us what they are going to do.

I don't think they'll tour before they put out the next album of new stuff. There have been reports that they have a fair amount of material left over from the ATYCLB sessions. Some talk about a "deadline" got going, but now I'm hearing that they've gotten through with everything OK and the record company only has to release the new Best of. You've got to be careful with these rumors. It's fine to get excited about them, the problem is that sometimes they aren't true!

U2lympics

I saw them live in 1993, 1997 and 2001. Europe 2005? People in the US might get them already in 2004 I think.

I wouldn't mind at all if I'd be totally wrong of course!

:D

anna

Back
Top Bottom