Why no VMA's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha, yes great bands.....

maybe U2 should put out a rap album with 'lil john yelling WHAT WHAT YEAAAAAAAAh UGHHHh in the background, or maybe they could put out a really crappy emo record and wear lots of eye make up and cry/scream for a few powerballads.....

Is it just me or did every single person interviewed on the red carpet have a new CD or new movie they made sure to mention, including the date it comes out just to make sure we don't miss it? It's like they are not even bothering to pretend to be there for any other purpose but to promote their new project.

I watched the opening performance by Green Day, which was really good. I turned it off after that. I wouldn't mind seeing the Killers and maybe one or two other people, but I don't think I could endure the rest of the b.s. that is the VMAs.

scottyT said:

maybe U2 should put out a rap album with 'lil john yelling WHAT WHAT YEAAAAAAAAh UGHHHh in the background,

I think "Elvis Ate America" is as close as they'll ever get to that ;)

bort269 said:

dude, this is the US MTV... they prolly only played the Sometimes video twice!

I think I only saw the Sometimes video at 5:30 in the morning...

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I saw Sometimes more on VH1 than I saw it on MTV.....and the only time I have seen Vertigo before Midnight is when TRL premiered it.

the one I actually saw the most was All Because of You on MTV2.

I have never seen City of Blinding Lights in the US on TV

bort269 said:

the one I actually saw the most was All Because of You on MTV2.

I have never seen City of Blinding Lights in the US on TV

Oh come on, COBL reached #18 three weeks in a row in the top 20 countdown.:|

I predict the Killers are up next, oh no its R KELLY!!!!!!

Shakira was just on....homina homina homina... :drool:

or maybe they could put out a really crappy emo record and wear lots of eye make up and cry/scream for a few powerballads.....

Ha! And they could be quiet for a few years, then come back and play the same, simple music with the same few power chords, throw a political lilt in there, and "claim the praise that's been long overdue"....!

I'll stop now, as I'm treading in dangerous water that's been heavily tread before...:wink:

ramblin rose said:

Oh come on, COBL reached #18 three weeks in a row in the top 20 countdown.:|

damn.. really?!
On the VH1 top 20 countdown?
I usually rely on RockOnTV to warn me of that... I must have totally missed it... or it was while I was in Europe at the Munich show...

That's good though, I was wondering how the new singles were doing in the US!

kellyahern said:
Wow, I thought nothing could top the Michael Jackson broadway danceoff that they had a few years ago, but I believe what we just saw takes the cake :bow:.

That was too much. I'm still laughing.:lmao: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom