@U2 reporting that ABOY has been officially released as the new single.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! They threw us a curveball with that one. As soon as Vertigo begins to drop in the charts, they release ABOY. Perhaps they are going for the 'drop em like it's hot' strategy, in which they release several singles from the album, each one after the previous one drops in the charts. This would be really cool in my opinion. We could see up to 7 or 8 singles if the band plays this strategy.

this is exciting. i say they go for it, considering ABOY is the perfect compliment to Vertigo. then "Sometimes" will be a bomb come the start of the tour.

That some nice artwork...I've greatly preferred the art for the singles to the album cover.

Last edited:
Whens it likely to be released? I mean what date for both songs in UK and US? Anyone have any ideas?

Just read this on u2wanderer and headed here to post it, but it's here already. It was my hope they would release ABOY before Christmas.
As good as Vertigo is, it's been out for awhile and I'm afraid interest wears out pretty quick in the US. There's a couple of groups right now with at least 2 songs in the charts. It would really add to Christmas sales, it that's what the motivation is. and I'm pretty sure it is. Works for me...:wink:

Wow! This is an interesting strategy. :eyebrow: The US needs SYCMIOYO for the depressing holiday season!!! :sad: I love ABOY but I hope it doesn't give listeners the false impression that HTDAAB is a "heavy rocker" album because that could lead to disappointment. :(

Obviously this point is subjective, but there are at least six other sonds better than ABOY. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a turnoff...

If they wanted to stay on the heels of Vertigo, "Love and Peace..." has better sound and punch. I think it's a knockout of a song. Too bad really...

I wander if the Boys have the gonads to release "Yahweh" as a single? That song is sneaky good and may appeal to those "red staters"...Assuming, of course, they know what Yahweh means... ;)

bw in dc said:
Obviously this point is subjective, but there are at least six other sonds better than ABOY. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a turnoff...

If they wanted to stay on the heels of Vertigo, "Love and Peace..." has better sound and punch. I think it's a knockout of a song. Too bad really...

I wander if the Boys have the gonads to release "Yahweh" as a single? That song is sneaky good and may appeal to those "red staters"...Assuming, of course, they know what Yahweh means... ;)

wrong. LAPOE and Yahweh are great songs, but not radio songs. ABOY is more simple, which will appeal to all the bubble gum chewing bitches who will beg their soccer moms to buy them the cd for xmas.:wink:

Love And Peace Or Else could be a radio song, but it would need to be remixed. It starts off to slow for the radio.

SYCMIOYO is all over the radio here in Australia. As much or more than Vertigo. The only problem with it that I can see, is that it's starts off so quiet, and stays so quiet for so long that a lot of people may switch over looking for something more lively. I'm betting the radio won't 'sell' this song very well for that exact reason.

love and peace or else is the only song that i skip on the album :shrug:

all because of you has been my favorite song off the album since i first heard it. it rocks. anyone who i've played it for likes it. love and peace or else and/or yahweh would not do well on the american charts. i bet ya all because of you charts higher than vertigo did.

and frankly... i love miracle drug and sometimes you can't make it on your own... but to be perfectly honest with ya... with so much god damned christmas music on every fricken channel, when i finally find a rock station i want something that kicks some ass. i'm guessing i'm not alone in this feeling. thus, ABOY fits the season better... IMO with 2 cents or somethin like that.

Last edited:
I'm with headache, L&P or else is also the only song i skip on a regular basis, I still listen to the whole album straight. The music to L&P is on point but the lyrics are, I dont know. And for some reason, I don't see this song being played live regularly.

Yeah, I'm glad they're following up Vertigo with ABOY. And I don't buy that cr@p about "people will get the impression it rocks, and we all know it doesn't". What a load of b.s. This album good, and the songs that rock, rock. The ballads are slow burners that flame on at the end, and even songs like OOTS still have some serious punch. Hell, Yahweh rocks too!

I think that SYCMIOYO will be perfect for the start of the tour, and will be a showpiece in concert too.

Anyone else think that artwork sucks? Red and off-white?

I thought the artwork for the Vertigo was PERFECT, and I hoped the album cover would follow suit. All they kept were the red slash marks. This single seems to be going for the same style, but it's so much lamer. It looks like the photo that would be used for something mellow and heartfelt like SYCMIOYO.

That close up of Edge's guitar for Vertigo just made you think of how ass-kicking the song was. Why not continue the theme and have a close shot on the drums?

I don't get it. Averill and company are seriously slipping. Just think of those Achtung Baby single covers, the Please cover, Last Night on Earth...

<sigh>

laz

Well, there's already a German promo version for sale on Ebay.

If it's only being in released in the US as a single why do other countries get the promo's?

633.jpg

When Jick look at this he is going to say: "Look how blurred Adam is on that picture. They are singling him out there. I must start a new thread..."

:lol:

I absolutely adore L&PorE. It's my second favorite track on HTDAAB. However, we must think in terms of radio, not our personal preferences. L&PorE is not a radio friendly single. ABoY is. It's the perfect choice for a second single.

Surprisingly quick... maybe they figured out that Vertigo was overplayed.

Should we also expect an iPod commercial with ABOY??? :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom