TOUR TO CONTINUE BEYOND LA 3!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by martha:
Those of you in the States who are getting pissed off about the greed of this: remember not to buy tickets for the shows. This will make it easier for me to get good seats.
actually, 'greed' I would understand
but I just don't see U2 losing money on touring Australia or Europe

I wouldn't really understand it if they decided to do another U.S. leg (not that I would lose any sleep over it, I will get to see them when they do decide to get back over here) instead of spreading the joy a bit

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by martha:
Those of you in the States who are getting pissed off about the greed of this: remember not to buy tickets for the shows. This will make it easier for me to get good seats.

heh...it's so nice to know that some people don't have to worry about money. forget "greed" and "pissed off." i'm fucking broke! i couldn't afford to see them three times even if i wanted to.

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

Originally posted by Whortense:
heh...it's so nice to know that some people don't have to worry about money. forget "greed" and "pissed off." i'm fucking broke! i couldn't afford to see them three times even if i wanted to.

Same here! *lol*

Well...I COULD afford it...but I really should leave my money in my savings account.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Blue Room:
My guess is that Boston will not be on the boards for these additional dates. Bono said at the Providence show they would not be back in the area for awhile. I think U2 consider Providence close enough to Boston to count as playing that region.

Bono also said at Boston 4 in June that he didn't think they'd be back here in the fall, and Providence happened. Put the smart money on Boston.

Amy

Originally posted by amybatt:
Bono also said at Boston 4 in June that he didn't think they'd be back here in the fall, and Providence happened. Put the smart money on Boston.

Amy

***high fives amybatt*** I agree. The SMART money is on Boston! See you all there!

Well, we will just have to wait and see, but, the rest of the world seems to forget the sheer population of the US. I am not for one minute gonna say that they haven't played enough in the US but there are tons of people down there. And why does it matter so much to all of you if it's a money thing? Not to mention they are simply having fun. Don't knock U2 for liking America, they always have.
Anyway, I understand Australian fans complaints I really do, but do you see us Canadians crying over practically NO dates in our country !! Come on, we are a big country and they barely played us at all last leg and this leg in Canada is a joke. If you don't live in Ontario I guess you don't rate. So there are a lot of countries that get shafted, one being - YES - in NA.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Calm down people! This isn't even official yet!! Not only that, you don't know where they are playing! If they tour midwest and southeast I really wouldn't be too hard on them...

I tend to be a reasonable person most of the time. I know money and profit are obviously important, it?s a business anyway, but I deeply wish that U2 haven?t become all about business. Not them.

I do think that they keep on going back to US because they have great fans there, people who really love them and their music, and have been with them since their beginning. I?m glad to know that not all americans are into silly pop and hip hop or whatever, despite all that crap has been exported throughout the world.

I have been struggling to keep some hope that they will come again, although I might admit, it?s getting harder and harder...lots of loyal fans, from local lists here, are getting more and more disappointed. It?s tough when you need to say positive things and keep hope rising when you don?t feel exactly that way anymore. At least Bono said something about M?xico...as for Brazil...
rolleyes.gif

Okay, end of rant

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 11-06-2001).]

Calm down people! This isn't even official yet!! Not only that, you don't know where they are playing! If they tour midwest and southeast I really wouldn't be too hard on them...

Does this mean Fargo still has a chance? It may only be 1 in a million but that's still a million times better than no chance at all.

They have to hit Miami again because Adam Clayton is still single and is probably pleading for the band to go down there again.

Well amybatt, if you are right, great. I really dont care. I wasnt cutting down Boston or anything. My opinion was and still is that they wont be going there. Its just an opinion.

someone to blame, keep doing your high fives, whatever that means. Hows the campaign going anyway???????

I see no reason for them to go back to the northeast. Aside from the approaching shite weather, that's one of the areas of the US they actually have toured to death (that and southern CA). No surprise though, that's where the largest populations are concentrated.

It was a surprise that they played only two dates in Chicago this leg, however, which is also a heavily populated area with a huge U2 fan base (and no other midwest dates). I don't expect them to come back here though.

If I had to guess at possible additional dates, I'd say they might go from LA down to Mexico City (or at least they should), then to AZ, back to TX, possibly New Orleans, then Atlanta and down to Florida (I hope).

The sun, sand and surf will be waiting for U2, and so will I!
icon6.gif

[This message has been edited by atikicat (edited 11-06-2001).]

I think they will hit the Northwest and Southeast; two huge geographic areas which they have ignored so far on the 3rd leg.

It's official!!!!!!

"U2 have confirmed that from now on they are no longer touring......outside Ireland! From Bono himself.............'Well to be honest I couldn't be arsed leaving home anymore, so we're going back to the hi-ace and keg of Guinness road trip around Ireland, playing a field in every county every day, for free, and then, on saturdays, Slane, EVERY saturday! Free too, free Guinness at the gigs too. It's our right, it was just written into Irish law.' And so there you have it, U2 are exclusive to Ireland now, so all foreigners, especially greedy yanks.....FECK OFF!!!"

Ya see? It's really happeneing!
YAY!
YAY!

Ahem.....need alcoholic beverage.....
wink.gif

As much as I would like them to come back to europe, and ofcourse to my hometown, if the gigs will be like the one this night where they played only 18 songs, and Bono had throat problems...
The thing is that for now they got almost only great reviews and both people and critics love the tour, but if they are going to cut setlist shorter and shorter, if the star playing 1,5 hour shows for the same money with Bono in throat problems, then the critics will turn on them and they will come in a position where nothing new from them (new Lp, new tour, new single, new anything) will be welcomed...

Originally posted by Badyouken:
It would be great if they continued it outside America. Let Australia and S.America enjoy that great tour!

That will be $1.

Thank You!!

CK

--------------
icon31.gif

ckennedy77
U2_kennedy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by doctorwho:
I'd rather see them break-up than have them go to Iowa City or Ames!
icon31.gif

That will be $2 for the good doctor.

I know you can afford it.

Thank you!! Come again...

CK

--------------
icon31.gif

ckennedy77
U2_kennedy@yahoo.com

I suppose if you are going to tour somewhere, you might as well do it comprehensively. Like they added the glasgow dates in britain i suppose.

Imagine if they came all the way to australia and only played...

hobart...

sheesh
biggrin.gif

As much as I would have liked them to tour more in N. AMerica, they really are neglecting S. America and Australia. It';s not as if they don't have the fan base. This is such an amazing tour that that I really feel that all U2 fans should have a chance to be a part of it. I do wish that they would take a nice Christmas break for themselves first though.....

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

Originally posted by lazyboy:
...so all foreigners, especially greedy yanks.....FECK OFF!!!"[/i]

tongue.gif

I take back all the nice things I said about ya, lazyboy.
wink.gif

I'll weigh in here... I'd love to see them play again, really - but I think they should take a break and go on home. I wish the fans in other parts of the world would get a shot too - but before you bang up on Americans too bad remember there are huge parts of the country who haven't had U2 anywhere near them... they haven't played within 200 miles of here, and most people aren't idiots like me willing to fly 500 (or 3000) miles for a show. The US is a big place...

That being said, Mexico, SA and Australia certainly do deserve a shot. And if they do come to nashville - party at my house!
smile.gif

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

[This message has been edited by Crzy4Bono (edited 11-06-2001).]

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
tongue.gif

I take back all the nice things I said about ya, lazyboy.
wink.gif

I'll weigh in here... I'd love to see them play again, really - but I think they should take a break and go on home. I wish the fans in other parts of the world would get a shot too - but before you bang up on Americans too bad remember there are huge parts of the country who haven't had U2 anywhere near them... they haven't played within 200 miles of here, and most people aren't idiots like me willing to fly 500 (or 3000) miles for a show. The US is a big place...

That being said, Mexico, SA and Australia certainly do deserve a shot. And if they do come to nashville - party at my house!
smile.gif

Peace

Well Crzy...
tongue.gif
! I was kidding! But ya, there is plenty of greedy yanks on this board that I'd just love to see U2 bypass, but you're definitely not one of em!

And well, 200 miles ain't that much, don't even think about sticking up for the extensive gigs the US is getting
wink.gif
Sure even Slane was like 200 miles from my town!

And Zoomanda, you think I'm dreaming? Wait til you see, that announcement today was a forgery!
eek.gif

Hello??? Europe?? have you read the rumors. Europe is most likely going to get a massive stadium tour next summer in support of a new album! That sounds better than what the U.S. is getting now IMO. I would trade in a heartbeat.

I would agree though about Australia. If they dont (which I still think they may next fall) then I would agree that those fans got the shaft. But mark my words, Europe will not get screwed. In fact, you will get the best of both worlds. Elevation tour and a new album tour that the U.S. will not get.

If previous years are any guide at all, Blue Room is absolutely right. Tour the U.S. with the strongest albums about every 5 years (of course I love all the albums but JT, Achtung, and ATYCLB are probably their strongest in a mainstream sense). Tour Europe and Australia in between. Except this time the new album will probably also be excellent. I also believe the next U.S. tour will be in 2005 or 2006.

For Europe and Australia, there are a lot of positives. Great songs like Hawkmoon, God II, and Dirty Day have never been played in the U.S. While Zooropa and Zoomerang were fairly similar to their U.S. counterparts, the U.S. didn't have the privilege of seeing the LoveTown tour.

I suspect more dates will be added in the U.S. beyond Miami, especially since they are releasing Walk On as a single. But we'll see.

Cooooooool it u guyz... Listen, I saw them once during this tour, and i'm a fanatic....... Their probably trying to touch every part of America one last time because of the Sep. 11th issue... America has been very shaken up, and U2 might be playing more over here, so they can help loosen up the atmosphere here.... Hey, u never know, that might be a reason...

Back
Top Bottom