The Ultimate U2 Experience: To Be Milked $1,000 Dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, you certainly don't want the Nazi's to have all our money! I mean, what then! What then!

:crazy:

Lancemc said:
Well, you certainly don't want the Nazi's to have all our money! I mean, what then! What then!

:crazy:

I think racist statements are not tolerated in this forum. Please don't ridicule the Nazis as there might be some here.

Cheers,

J

jick said:

Most of us are in Interference because we are hardcore fans, hardcore collectors, or even completists. Now that U2 have saturated the market with so many new products accessory to the actual 50-minute 11-song album, many feel that they must own these products or be left behind. U2 have given us too many options.

If you look at U2's latest business model, the ones hit most badly are us - the harcore U2 fan/completist/collector. We spent so much on U2 in the past already, yet U2 still want to milk us some more.
They shouldn't have targeted the loyal hardcore fans who have already given too much to U2 over the years.

Cheers,

J

You couldn't be more wrong, jick. The loyal hardcore fans could in no way , regardless of what they bought, have supported the band in the manner that is required of a band of U2's popularity.
"we are not alone" the die hard fans, that is"

Who exactly are you working for? and what is your ulterior motive.? What exactly are you trying to do?
You say you love U2 ( i've read this) but you hate everything they stand for, and their music so. From what I've read.
It's hard to take you seriously when you present so many divided fronts...
Pick a stance an stick with it...:|

i could find a 1000 dollars of stuff to to be brought by the red hot chili peppers, and about every other band ever. so whats your point? oh those no chilli peppers ipod, but thiers remasters of 80;s albums, so buy those too. oh and thiers kiedis's biograpghy, thats 20 bucks. i'm paying the same for this u2 cocnert as i did for chili peppers the three times i saw them. thiers mutiple rhcp singles, etc. you make it sound like only u2 do this. like this world that only has u2 in it. to me u2 and chili peppes are no worse or different then the aveage rock band when it comes to money. kiss is the ultmate money hungry band, they have no shame. not only dose the show suck now but its not even the real guys.

jick said:

There is a world of difference. General Mills products are consummables and necessities. U2 products are for keepsake and repeated use. The closest thing U2 has to a consummable is their concert tickets - but did I even try to list every tour date and multiply it by the ticket price? That would be too much and pretty impossible. I also dont think there are collector edition limited run cereals, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

J

I'm sure some people collect Wheaties boxes...not sure if the eat the cereal first or not...I'm not real up on the nuances of cereal box collecting.

Hey look at it this way, it is either $1000 on music or $1200 on a single pair of shoes like these *I am not kidding they do cost $1200*

S4S4319_mn.jpg

Aw hell, we'll all be old sooner or later! So sock some away! Then take the rest and go blow it on U2 stuff! Shows, videos, airline tickets, whatever.

Me? I'm working on owning all the original singles. Fuck it. I know better, but I'm havin' fun!

I'm a huge U2 fan. Or I'm a big fan of U2. No - I am a normal sized person who loves U2.

And I have spent the equivalent of $40 on the Deluxe Edition of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. That's it. That $40 represents every single penny of my U2 expenditure over the last six months. And it was terrific value. Hours of fun.

Ciao.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Hey look at it this way, it is either $1000 on music or $1200 on a single pair of shoes like these *I am not kidding they do cost $1200*

S4S4319_mn.jpg

:drool:

Manolo Blahniks...
(I have somewhat of an irrational shoe fetish)

beau2ifulday said:
It has been expensive for me, but that's because i'm a collector - I buy the CDs, I buy the imports, I buy the promos.
U2 are maximising revenue. They've been doing it for a while now, and I doubt they'll be stopping any time soon. I don't like it, and i've started to feel a little bitter now when I part with my money for a CD single, or a vinyl, or a different format of the same album, but it's the choice I choose to make. It doesn't matter if fans can't afford it - there are always fans who will go out of their way to find money to pay the prices, and they recognise that.

That's sad. :|

whats the problem with the complete u2? if you were to buy all those songs individually it would cost way more. Even if you have every u2 album its still a good buy, there are so many songs on it!

ramblin rose said:
hey, you left out the 3 versions of SYCMIOYO that I preordered from Amazon.uk on Monday.

Yeah I was pretty sure I'd miss out on some stuff so even though the actualy total is over $800, I still concluded it would end up being well over $1,000.

Cheers,

J

allbecauseofu2 said:
i could find a 1000 dollars of stuff to to be brought by the red hot chili peppers, and about every other band ever. so whats your point? oh those no chilli peppers ipod, but thiers remasters of 80;s albums, so buy those too. oh and thiers kiedis's biograpghy, thats 20 bucks. i'm paying the same for this u2 cocnert as i did for chili peppers the three times i saw them. thiers mutiple rhcp singles, etc. you make it sound like only u2 do this. like this world that only has u2 in it. to me u2 and chili peppes are no worse or different then the aveage rock band when it comes to money. kiss is the ultmate money hungry band, they have no shame. not only dose the show suck now but its not even the real guys.

Sure you can, but I don't think you can buy over $1000 dollars of stuff directly pertaining to Red Hot's latest album barely two month's after it's release.

Sure if you add up all the U2 items together we have so much worth. But even for just HTDAAB which is barely over two months out, we already have $1000 worth of goodies. Now that is a lot for such a short time.

Cheers,

J

I even failed to mention U2.com's $500 for a set of lithographs that are hand numbered! Usually when you buy lithographs, they are not just hand numbered by some random company employee, they are also hand signed by the artist himself/herself. In U2's case, not even a hand signature of the band members who drew these stuff - yet they charge $500! I might as well just scan my collector's edition hardcover book and print it out than buy that overpriced piece!

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom