The back catalogue gets remastered...what about the movie ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Rattle and Hum. (and Red rocks for that matter)

Will they release an extended anniversary edition, maybe add a full JT show, directed by Joanou or at least a few more songs ?

Will Red rocks be tagged onto War remaster, or a separate release ? What would you like to see, beside the full show ?

I'd like to see a re-release of R&H with either the Tempe or Denver full shows as a bonus disc (or both - I'm greedy). I'm kind of thinking what they'll do is release a remastered R&H album/R&H movie together, with (hopefully) 1989-11-18 Sydney as bonus. I'd like to see 2 separate releases, the album with a JT gig and the move with Lovetown Sydney but I'm not sure they'll do it.

Red Rocks I think might well get its own re-release to DVD, separate from War. I'm going to guess that War will get the JT remaster treatment with some demos that we know exist and a DVD, possibly 1983-08-20 Loreley. I'm thinking the full Red Rocks gets released on DVD separately with a bonus disc with bits of various gigs (US Festival and others), just a few songs from each place like how Pop was, with Edmonton, Rotterdam etc.

I guess the trick with Rattle and Hum is do they pay tribute to the tour that had the songs played (yet they were miserable in that era) or do they pay tribute to the tour where the songs were born ? (and we know there is Joanou footage, which for some reason wasn't used for the JT remaster. legal issues ? I wish JT tour would get a well shot DVD).

Red Rocks could go either way, although they may want to kill two birds with one stone if they add it to War remaster. I hope all songs will feature once they clear the legal problems.

I don't see why they would re-release R&H when it's already on dvd....

would be better to release UABRS or the best of 1980-90 on dvd... even tho the last one would be dated with U218 now...

If they release any more Joshua Tree shows, I'd like one with a performance of Mothers of the Disappeared. It's a great live song.

i'm hoping Red Rocks will get the re-release we're all hoping for as part of some expanded 'Under A Blood Red Sky' pack. Would be very nice to have a longer live album plus the full Red Rocks concert for disc 2. :drool:

Chill Mike D said:
If they release any more Joshua Tree shows, I'd like one with a performance of Mothers of the Disappeared. It's a great live song.

Tempe 1987-12-20 would be perfect. Includes performances of MotD, One Tree Hill, and the only live version of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home).

gareth brown said:
i'm hoping Red Rocks will get the re-release we're all hoping for as part of some expanded 'Under A Blood Red Sky' pack. Would be very nice to have a longer live album plus the full Red Rocks concert for disc 2. :drool:

You know, I hadn't even thought of the UABRS CD. Clearly the Red Rocks DVD release should come with the complete Red Rocks on CD also. Since so much of the UABRS CD isn't actually Red Rocks though I wonder what they'll do.

Yes I actually got a copy in a trade, but I don't have a HD player so it's just sitting and waiting until I pick one up. I've heard that both the picture & sound are noticeably better though.

Now there's something...Red Rocks in HD :drool:

Back
Top Bottom