Surveillance Cuts (Vertigo Bonus DVD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG! WILLY WAS SPYING ON THEM! LOL!!

Really... what was the point of saying "the performers had no idea they were being filmed"? It makes him sound like a Peeping Tom.

and how do you not know youre being filmed when they are shooting a DVD? :confused:

Chizip said:
and how do you not know youre being filmed when they are shooting a DVD? :confused:

Maybe we are supposed to think that they didn't know about those particular cameras.

Chizip said:
stupidest bonus feature ever

amen to that.
from what i initially read, it was to be cameras showing audience reactions. what we actually got was the concert from substantially worse angles with cctv quality. though that may be initially interesting, does it really warrant an entire disc?

put some spy cameras in their bathroom or something and then youd have something interesting

Chizip said:
put some spy cameras in their bathroom or something and then youd have something interesting

isn't that where Bono beats the rest of the band?

hard

Only good thing about the deluxe version is the packaging, which matches the other recent DVD's (BO90-2000, Slane, Boston)

It's a pretty pointless bonus feature, me and a mate were watching it and we were just like :eyebrow: .

This is hands down the worst "bonus" feature EVER! And the worst part, as far as we know, it takes up an entire disc!

bollocks. i've asked for the dvd for christmas, i hope if someone is kind enough to get it for me it's the standard edition, this sounds like a pretty crap bonus...!

gareth brown said:
bollocks. i've asked for the dvd for christmas, i hope if someone is kind enough to get it for me it's the standard edition, this sounds like a pretty crap bonus...!

:yes: Like someone said before, the only good part is the packaging, so if you already have Slane and Elevation Boston, it will look nicer next to them.

mmm, that's what i was thinking when looking at them in the shops yesterday :huh: i am very fussy like that...you should have seen my face when they unveiled that eyesore they call 'packaging' for The Simpsons season 6...! :mad:

I love the word "bollocks" :lol: I wish us Americans used a term like that!

Yea I haven't even put in the 2nd disc so far. After reading this thread, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not missing much. :lmao:

Yeah, I was more than a bit underwhelmed by the quite expensive "bonus" dvd. I would have liked it much better if the "surveillance cuts" had included songs that were DIFFERENT from the ones on the main dvd -- now THAT would have been a bonus!
Also, I had the impression that all of U2s shows are filmed by the band, so I assumed that the band would assume that everything is filmed, even if its for the shots on the screens that are shown during the show.

i still think they should have just bundled the Chicago and Milan Shows together and just called it 'Vertigo 2005' or something. Worth the money! :huh:

gareth brown said:
i still think they should have just bundled the Chicago and Milan Shows together and just called it 'Vertigo 2005' or something. Worth the money! :huh:
Or mix them together in one concert and hope that the fans don't notice the continuity errors (like the stage design switching during songs).

:wink:

WalkOn21 said:

Or mix them together in one concert and hope that the fans don't notice the continuity errors (like the stage design switching during songs).

well they could have pulled that off if they mixed boston elevation with chicago vertigo

WalkOn21 said:

Boom cha

It may be not be necessary, but regardless of the quality, I enjoy watching any live performances, and I got to see the i can see for miles snippet in the electric co, so i don't understand why people are complaining. I'd rather have that, than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom