scared...but ready

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrsmullen

The Fly
anyone else completely excited that u2 is gonna go into the studio again soon and record? i got really psyched about it last night at the phoenix show when bono said they wanted to make more music for us for the upcoming year. but at the same time, im scared that this tour is ending. will we ever see shows as intimate? what will replace the heart? will i ever be that close again? will i ever meet them again? its all stressing me out. im sure itll keep getting better, at least i hope it does, but it scares me now that we are hitting an in between time. how does everyone else feel? predictions for the coming year or two?

alison

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Bono actually said they would be making new music?? cool...

Just cherish the memory of seeing them live and actually meeting them.. Live in the moment, it's more rewarding than always looking to the future.

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Originally posted by Dorian Gray:

Live in the moment, it's more rewarding than always looking to the future.

So true!!

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

You live in the States...dont worry about seeing them again.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

new album means new tour, youll see them again.
this give us more of a chance of bumping into them in dublin
smile.gif

------------------
"dont let life discourage you, everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was"

From the looks of things they will replace the heart with 2 giant boobies.

------------------
Proud to be an INFIDEL

I think about these things too. I've seen a lot of shows, and contrary to people who don't know me may think, am excruitatingly grateful for every one of them.

For as lucky as I've been, and for all the times I've seen them, the end in Miami will be bittersweet.

First, I'm broke. It's not joke, people think this is easy, I'm not spending money, I'm accumulating debt, and yes, this needs to end. To be honest, for a lot of us die hards who've been fortunate enough to really follow, it's becoming unhealthy for some of us, and I"m the first to admit it. If they end it, fine, but I can't walk away on my own because I love U2 too much, and I love these nights and the people I've spent them with with all my heart.

so I'm a little afraid of the withdrawal, and yes I do think about the future, if they will ever let us this close again. I think they will. I think Bono needs us as much as we need him, and now that he's had this in the US like he always had it in Europe, I doubt he will return to not being able to touch his audience. I know he's loving this right now, I see it every time.

But I can think to the future, I have more memories to cherish than anyone should be entitled to. I'm very lucky, and although I've pushed the envelope financially, physically and emotionally with the GA lines, and the stress that does come with this kind of touring, I can and will go home very happy and very fulfilled.

I am looking forward to new music. This has to end sooner or later, and hearing Bono say that a creative time is coming gives me hope. The music and all it gives me is what it is all about, and knowing they want to record more soon makes me happy. I have no fear of U2 going anywhere anytime soon, and I know it's not good bye, either for the chance to see them live or a new album.

It's time to leave it behind, to get my life back, save money, and recover from these months. However, it's been my life for the last year, every waking moment, and it's going to take time. But knowing they are there, recording, and going on with their future gives me a lot of hope for mine.

I'd love to hear how other people feel, really, about the end and what will happen next.

love and lemons
dawn

------------------
..I can't wait any longer, I can't wait till I'm stronger, I can't wait any longer to see what you see...when I look at the world...

mrsmullen and Dawn,

Your relationship with U2 sounds unhealthy to these ears. There's a huge difference between being a fan and being obsessed and with the help of some powerful phychoactive drugs you might just see the light.
Seriously. U2 are great but there's a lot more to life than the latest U2 gig.

MAP

p.s.- I for one loved the three Elevation gigs I attended and I'm really digging the DVD. And I'm ecstatic that the boys might be releasing new material next year.

Dawn,

i agree totally with you. i remember you from all the shows and i know the sacrafice you made. i too made sacrafices at all the shows lining up a day or 2 in advance and it truely is unhealth. in a way i'm glad it's all over so i can get my life back together but i really don't think U2 will be back next year in the states. i'm sure they will put out a new album and tour europe and maybe australia/s. america but not the usa. + sorry i didn't see you in Vegas...it was a great time!

------------------
i'm a rat bastard so watch out!

Back
Top Bottom