New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting another proper U2 live album for a while now...this is a good idea!

Now, here's hoping for a vinyl version a la Artificial Horizon...

Boy Falls From The Sky?
Anyone?

It's such a good idea, but if they keep Every Breaking Wave and Boy Falls From The Sky off this thing, I'll be so disappointed. Looks like they will, too :(

Boy Falls From The Sky?
Anyone?

It's such a good idea, but if they keep Every Breaking Wave and Boy Falls From The Sky off this thing, I'll be so disappointed. Looks like they will, too :(

Just had a thought re North Star and EBW... Perhaps they really are planning on releasing an album next year, and these will be on it, so they want to keep them away from an official release for this one?

Anyone got a voting update?

1. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.78%
2. Bad 3.69%
3. Even Better Than The Real Thing 3.5%
4. Where The Streets Have No Name 3.35%
5. Zooropa 3.22%
6. Magnificent 3.09%
7. Moment of Surrender 2.97%
8. The Fly 2.94%
9. Out Of Control 2.93%
10. The Unforgettable Fire 2.84%
11. Until The End Of The World 2.78%
12. One Tree Hill 2.68%
13. One 2.6%
14. No Line On the Horizon 2.49%
15. With Or Without You 2.46%
16. All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.43%
17. 40 2.41%
18. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.37%
19. Beautiful Day 2.37%
20. Breathe 2.37%
21. City Of Blinding Lights 2.33%
22. Electrical Storm 2.26%
23. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.18%
24. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.15%
25. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 2.13%

I think these would be my choices (and I tried to create some sort of a U2 360 setlist for it):
1 Breathe
2 No Line On the Horizon
3 Out Of Control
4 Return Of The Stingray Guitar
5 Even Better Than The Real Thing
6 The Fly
7 Electrical Storm
8 All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me
9 Mothers Of The Disappeared
10 Bad
11 The Unforgettable Fire
12 Unknown Caller
13 Your Blue Room
14 Zooropa
15 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
16 Scarlet
17 One Tree Hill
18 Where The Streets Have No Name
19 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
20 Spanish Eyes
21 Moment of Surrender
22 “40”

I'm holding out voting for a while to see if other tracks need extra support.

^ almost exactly what I picked - except I left off Streets (don't really need ANOTHER version of that) and went for UV instead.

This.

Picked 99.9% the same things, left out Streets for the same reason and have UV in there as well.

Also left out the Crazy mix (we have the Dublin version on the Artificial Horizon and I'm sure they'll just use the same version), can't remember what I added instead of it though.

This.
Also left out the Crazy mix (we have the Dublin version on the Artificial Horizon and I'm sure they'll just use the same version).

On most of the mp3 files on U2.com they have the location of the recording (40=London, Your Blue Room=NY, GOYB=Boston, Zooropa=Baltimore, AIWIY/Rescue=Sydney, Spanish Eyes=San Sebastien, Pride=Gelsenkirchen, Real Thing=Mexico, Stingray=Vienna, Scarlet=Melbourne etc). Crazy mix location isn't shown, but you're probably right with Dublin. Desire just has the date shown as 050809.

mp3 files on U2.com Dave, say WHAT?

They're only 45 second samples of the tracks we can choose from.

Australia gets a good selection :)
All I Want is You / Love Rescue Me - Sydney
Moment of Surrender - Perth
Scarlet - Melbourne
and One Tree Hill = Auckland (which is almost Australia, except during the World Cup!)

I guess it's safe to assume they have soundboards of all their concerts.

By the way, the mp3s sound great :)

Hope someone rips them and posts them somewhere... regretting letting my membership lapse now!

You went to the 2nd sydney show didn't you? Be good to have a song from a show we were at! Same with Kite from Vertigo on the WITS single

Hope someone rips them and posts them somewhere... regretting letting my membership lapse now!

You went to the 2nd sydney show didn't you? Be good to have a song from a show we were at! Same with Kite from Vertigo on the WITS single

Yeah I went to both Sydney shows. I was also there for Kite (WITS single) and also at Sydney Football Stadium for the taping of the Zoomerang 1993 video.

When you play the mp3 samples, they leave a download file in your temporary internet files (there's probably a technical term for that right?). Anyway, I've simply copied them to iTunes which is where I can see the info re locations.

Wow. I'm REALLY happy about this. Finally a gift worth renewing for! :up:

I think the most brilliant thing is that only subscribers are allowed to vote. That means only people crazy enough to shell out cash for a membership vote. AKA no casual fans. So that gives us a higher chance of getting songs like Zooropa, The Fly and HMTMKMKM. :D

Please Note: Voting is open to current U2.com Subscribers - or anyone who subscribes/resubscribes during the voting period. One vote per subscriber. Voting closes on DECEMBER 2ND.

:) You can still renew and vote.

Here's an updated list of how the voting is right now:

Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.8%

Bad 3.67%

Even Better Than The Real Thing 3.48%

Where The Streets Have No Name 3.3%

Zooropa 3.13%

Magnificent 3.07%

Moment of Surrender 2.97%

The Fly 2.92%

Out Of Control 2.9%

The Unforgettable Fire 2.89%

Until The End Of The World 2.75%

One Tree Hill 2.71%

One 2.6%

No Line On the Horizon 2.59%

All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.47%

With Or Without You 2.4%

40 2.39%

Beautiful Day 2.37%

Breathe 2.34%

Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.29%

Electrical Storm 2.26%

City Of Blinding Lights 2.24%

_____________________ The songs below this line won't be included as for now

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 2.18%

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.17%

Unknown Caller 2.17%

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.15%

Mysterious Ways 2.05%

I Will Follow 2.02%

Vertigo 2%

Miss Sarajevo 1.8%

Walk On 1.76%

Elevation 1.68%

Return Of The Stingray Guitar 1.65%

New Year’s Day 1.6%

Your Blue Room 1.58%

Get On Your Boots 1.53%

Spanish Eyes 1.47%

Sunday Bloody Sunday 1.46%

Mothers Of The Disappeared 1.39%

Pride (In the Name of Love) 1.35%

In A Little While 1.28%

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 1.13%

Party Girl 1.09%

Scarlet 1.08%

Desire 1%

Angel Of Harlem 0.85%

Love how almost all of their 'acoustic' songs are dead last. With Stay excluded.

First of all, finally a pretty cool idea.

I love the fact that the shitty Crazy Tonight remix is not making the cut as of now (it could get up there though), but I hope Hold Me, Thrill Me... gets to be in the top 22.

Good looking list as of now. HMTMyadayada needs to get up there tho.

Is it just picking songs, or is it by setlist position? For example, can you only vote for EBTTRT, Breathe, Stingray Guitar in the first spot?

I just wish I could vote for North Star and Mercy. Saw them both live and I think they'd make a fantastic addition to a 360 live CD. I really don't want it to turn into a 'best of' collection. :shifty:

On most of the mp3 files on U2.com they have the location of the recording (40=London, Your Blue Room=NY, GOYB=Boston, Zooropa=Baltimore, AIWIY/Rescue=Sydney, Spanish Eyes=San Sebastien, Pride=Gelsenkirchen, Real Thing=Mexico, Stingray=Vienna, Scarlet=Melbourne etc). Crazy mix location isn't shown, but you're probably right with Dublin. Desire just has the date shown as 050809.

How can you see the location of the recordings? I can only click on the songs and then a sample plays in my browser. It doesn't say where the recordings are from.

(And how can "40" be from London, it wasn't played there!)

I've been holding out on subscribing to wait and see what the gift would be- didn't have much desire for Duals and the last time I signed up a couple of years ago I never got Artificial Horizon because we were in the middle of moving and it was probably sent to my old address and never forwarded. This sounds worth trying again.

people need to step up the voting on Electrical Storm!

glad U2.com is posting the voting results. adds some credibility. they could have easily hidden the voting results and given us a standard setlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom