MERGED -> Propaganda letters anyone? + where do I sign up and join? + After reading..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok folks there might be some good news :)

I called again today and explained I hadnt recieved my letter. I gave them all my info and the operator I was talking to said she would send the info over to the people handling the mailing and a new one would be sent out.

she also took my e-mail down so my Prop Info could be sent.

She also said there are still some bugs in the site and to be patient.

I just called Fanfire and they asked me give it another week for the letter to come... for any issues, you can call 1 (800) 615-1324. Please, post here if you call and hear anything new from them.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Which we know it is not necessarily true, as several people reported receiving their letters last week according to this forum. Let us know what Fanfire tells you.

Well they did the same thing they did with BloodySunday. They took my name, address and telephone and they are going to check out the information. They said they will call me and if I don't hear from them by next week to call again but NOT to sign up yet.

That's it and NOOOOOO letter again today.

No letter and I'm pissed off because I actually HAVE my Prop ID number and now I'm screwed sitting here waiting for the letter.

Smooth, real smooth.

For whatever reason, people are getting their letters sent to the address where they origianally subscribed to Prop. My mom (I'm 35 mind you and haven't lived there in 18 years) called Sunday and told me I got something from U2 in the mail. I've changed addresses with Propaganda at least four times, getting the magazine at each new address. Why and how they reverted back to the old original address (submitted in the 80's) I will never know.

Call home if your folks still live there... or wherever you were when you first subscribed.

Good Luck, I know how sickening it must be.

Techie2000 said:
Has anyone gotten their login info for the subscription yet? I signed up on Fanfire a little while ago when it first popped up, and haven't recieved a thing...

Same, and I'm not going to blow hundreds of dollars ringing them from australia......Do any US guys and gals who joined the club early and only have an order conformation email know what fanfire are doing for us?

...or do we have to join again through u2.com?

brownda7 said:

Same, and I'm not going to blow hundreds of dollars ringing them from australia......Do any US guys and gals who joined the club early and only have an order conformation email know what fanfire are doing for us?

...or do we have to join again through u2.com?
I called today to ask about that problem. She said that even though I got a confirmation email, that my order wasn't accepted and my credit card wasn't charged. I'm suppose to reorder the subscription again using the Prop number, etc. I haven't tried it yet, because I know the site is so busy and still flawed...besides I want to wait for my next billing statement to make certain I wasn't charged. I'm going to give it a week. I don't see any real hurry.

No letter for me either ! :scream:

At what point do we say screw it and pay the $40? :slant:

I got tired and called the U2.com number. They took all my info (including my Prop ID#) and said that they would get a new letter out... she also mentioned that it was likely that the letters were going to our original addresses and that our change of addresses had not been taken into account, so I would recommend calling and giving them the new address.

Well, when I had originally e-mailed Terri Panaro from Prop to ask for a change of address, she e-mailed back with that ID# and suggested me to use it when corresponding. So I kept it.

I called the fanfire number...and told the guy the story on my address change. He filled out a form to send to the appropriate people (as he said" the powers that be":huh: ) and that to call back in a week.

I have moved twice since I signed up with propaganda and there is no way I am going to get this letter. I was living in military housing at the time so there is no one to contact to see if I did get the letter.
I wish I had kept my propaganda member ID or that Terri had actually responded to my email from months ago..She would of given me the id number I suppose..:shrug:

GAWD...this just sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't have a good feeling about this..Gonna be in the back of that line to get tickets behind the prop members when I should be up there with them.:mad:

I wish I knew who was at fault here. Did the Prop people send a totally outdated database or did Fanfire just screw it all up.

I asked, but it didn't seem like the person I spoke to had a clue as to what had happened.

So, I'll see if I get the letter in about a week, if not, I probably won't be as nice when I call back.

I think that we will eventually find a way to get into the place we deserve as Prop members... believe me, I can be annoying enough and will make sure I get the damn code (with or without letter)... :mad:

Ok, Fanfire just called me back.

Indeed, they had sent the letter to my old New York address (place I left 5 years ago). They asked me to verify my old address and they said that they would e-mail me the Propaganda code on Monday as, clearly, the letter went to the wrong place.

Therefore, my suggestion for you all is immediately call Fanfire and let them know your new address so you can get the Prop code.

I will post again when they e-mail me the code.

U2@NYC said:
Ok, Fanfire just called me back.

Indeed, they had sent the letter to my old New York address (place I left 5 years ago). They asked me to verify my old address and they said that they would e-mail me the Propaganda code on Monday as, clearly, the letter went to the wrong place.

Therefore, my suggestion for you all is immediately call Fanfire and let them know your new address so you can get the Prop code.

I will post again when they e-mail me the code.

Would you post the Fanfire number that you called. I'm in Californa with no letter yet...I did'nt even move.

I'm not worried or anything.:shocked:

Well that was a complete waste of time. I just called the number and there is no way she could give me my prop number and she told me I should be receiving the letter in the next week.

Yeah whatever!

Sicy, you and I are in the same region more or less (I'm in Sac and you're in Bay Area), so I am assuming that when one gets the letter the other will too. Hoping that's tomorrow or early next week, as mine hasn't shown up either. And you know I saw a picture of an envelope sent to @U2.com reader and it appeared that the return address was El Dorado Hills, CA which is up the hill east of Sacto. Interesting for us in CA...

Back
Top Bottom