MERGED -> Propaganda letters anyone? + where do I sign up and join? + After reading..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another day of mail -

no mail from Prop. I am starting to lose hope quite quickly. I want that damn letter!!!

They called me an hour ago to give me my code. Unfortunately, I could not take it down since I was on the street. They said they would e-mail and call again to double-check that I had received it.

Unfortunately, no e-mail or follow up phone call yet... I am eating my nails up.

I am on the phone with them now and everytime that they put me on hold it is always SYCMIOYO. Anyone else get that for hold music.

Anyway they didn't even have me in the computer. Once again taking down all my information and they are going to mail me a letter. They couldn't verify that I am listed with Propaganda. I asked the nice woman if I could get an e-mail saying if my letter is coming or not, this way I will at least know.

I am really at the point of screaming :scream:.

Well, I think I made the worst ever by acknowledging that I had no pen when they called to give me my code... it seems that, for some reason, the e-mail never came and they are not calling back... I am going crazy.

I...need...my...code....

On the phone with them again. Short wait.

Nice girl answers, I tell her the entire story, how I'm still waiting for a phone call back, and she asks for my first and last name, says she'll see if she can do anything for me.

She says she has to fill out a form with my old address, and asks for it (I've already given it to 2 people before her, sigh). I also give her my new address, and (yet again). And then my e-mail.

She will "see" what they can do.

Sigh.

Same thing... I called again and was told exactly the same story...

I am curious about why they did not update all the old Prop addresses... easier start.

I called yet again... this morning. There is apparently just one person in charge of the Prop codes and she is not in yet... will call again in a couple of hours.

u2valleygirl said:

Would you post the Fanfire number that you called. I'm in Californa with no letter yet...I did'nt even move.

I'm not worried or anything.:shocked:

I'm also in California. I also have not moved since joining Prop. I also have not received a letter. I, however, did jump the gun and sign up at Fanfire early on. I was patient and resisted calling Fanfire until today confident that they, by now, understand the situation.

The cust srvc rep said she was familar with the situation when I asked her but clearly wasn't as she told me to "go to whatever site for the tickets and try to buy them". OMG
I told her I wasn't aware that tickets were available for purchase yet and asked her what site she was referring me to (no response). She asked if I had tried already to buy tickets and I said I hadn't as I wouldn't attempt to purchase tickets without the Prop ID number for priority status and wasn't aware you could purchase tickets currently. Again, no response.

I then, very politely, ran down the general problems, even as she said she was familar with the Prop letter/code situation.

She said I wasn't in their system(even as I gave her my order confirmation # for the membership) but their system wasn't up "yet" either. She took down my name, email address, phone # and then asked for my old address. I repeated that I had NOT moved and gave her my address.

At the close of our conversation: "So you signed up for membership with Fanfire and then didn't get your letter with the code which you should've received after signing up, right?"

Me: "Uh...No, the Prop letter was to come independently of joining the Fanfire fan club. It was to be sent to Prop members...etc"

Fanfire: "Yes but we're taking over for Prop so we would send out the letter." :banghead:

Stifling a scream at the curt woman's lack of understanding the confusing situation yet insisting she does understand, I asked if there wasn't an email address I could also report my situation to. She said they did not have an email address and that my phone call would be all that was needed.

She said I'd receive a phone call or email in a few days and they'd send out another letter or a new letter. :eyebrow:

I thought they would be more...up to speed on the situation by now but, judging from the various responses given by various people at Fanfire, it obviously depends on who you get on the phone. I just thought by now there would be some sort of Faq sheet Fanfire would've given to their employees regarding this situation to guide their agents in this problem!

Forgive my frustration. Don't be dissuaded from calling. You may get lucky and reach a more informed agent.

Still have faith it'll all be worked out for us!

:eyebrow:

You must have reached the same woman I did. She told me tickets were going on sale THIS saturday!!! As thoughts of robbing banks passed through my mind she then said "Oh no wait, that's not U2...sorry"...Good grief!

Soooooo has anyone who was told by Fanfire that they would get another letter or an email with the code actually received it??? I'm betting not.

I joined Prop in 5/01, never moved, and have not gotten the letter yet. The more days that go by, the less hopeful I am of receiving anything from them. Major screw-up.

Nope.

And, apparently, the person in charge of the Propaganda codes (the only one in the whole office of Fanfire's Customer Service) is off today...

:mad:

Okay, so we know we can get 2 tickets per indoor venue or 4 tickets per outdoor venue but is that per leg, per tour, etc?

Someone from the U2_GTA was told this afternoon there was no maximum number of concerts for which we could order those 2/4 tickets. This contradicts Propaganda's policy with past tours so I'm not sure what to believe...

Ahhhh, finally !!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Naturally, the letter never came but Shannon from Fanfire finally called me and gave me the precious Prop code so I am officially a Prop member of U2.com.

My suggestion, call and call and call (I think I called at least 5 times in these past two days) and they will give you your code.

On another note, Fanfire's e-mail does not seem to be working properly so that is why you are not getting any e-mails with your Prop code either...

Me either. And I got an automatic reply to my inquiry from them last week but then no real reply. :(

I just called Fanfire (U2.com) about my change of address. I spoke to a friendly woman who put me on hold for about 2 minutes and then took my old information and new information. She stated that a new letter would be sent to my new address.

For those of you in the same boat, but just skipping to the end of the thread, the number I called was 800-615-1324. No need to make you go digging!

Derek, it is unlikely that the letter will come. They will (i) either call you with the Prop code, or (ii) e-mail it to you.

So like, what happens if you register and pay $40 and then you get your letter after? :eyebrow: I'm sure that it has been asked here before but I dont have the time to look through 17 pages :crack:

I'm amazed how awful this has been handled. I've been calling since the first day the site went online and have heard absolutely nothing back.

I must have called 5 times already, and have gotten no where except they take my information and claim someone will get back to me.

I've pretty much lost all hope.

To U2@NYC, I congratulate you; you actually got your code. You have achieved the impossible.

I just got off the phone with them for the second time. The guy I spoke with got his supervisor to ask what was going on. He asked me for my info (to make sure it was really in there, "just in case" )and said that his supervisor said that this week we'll start to see some movement happening - I hope he meant that all of us who have been waiting will get letters or contacted with our codes. He took notes down to have them call me back to let me know what's going on, but I'm not holding my breath seeing how many of you are still waiting for callbacks.

Last edited:
Im kicking myself now, I still have the prop magazine but never kept the envelope :/

Now it makes it even harder cause my id number is now MIA so all I was able to do was give them my name address and phone number.

ramblin rose did you keep your id number ?

bloodysunday972 said:
Im kicking myself now, I still have the prop magazine but never kept the envelope :/

Now it makes it even harder cause my id number is now MIA so all I was able to do was give them my name address and phone number.

ramblin rose did you keep your id number ?

Yeah, I had the id # on the envelope from the last ticket sale. Although I'm not sure how much that's helping, considering I gave all my information including the id # the day the site went up and still no one has gotten back to me.

Back
Top Bottom