MERGED-->OOTS Video DISCUSSION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, that was quick!

Clip of Original of the Species video on U2.com as we speak! And it debuts on MTV today.

Hmm, okay, some of that (like creepy close-ups of eyes, and butterflies and flowers coming out of mouths) freaked me out a little. But overall I liked it.
I liked the close-ups of Bono, because I'm particularly in love with the miniscule features of his face (like the way his bottom teeth are crooked). I'm gonna have to decide whether I like the close-ups in this video best, or the ones in the bar version of the One video.
I loved a lot of the visual imagery. Like the words slowly being written on the heads. And all of the quick flashes of stuff during the middle eight.
By the end of it I was nearly in tears. The song means so much to me, and even though the video is a little out there, it's quite beautiful.

shaun vox said:
not bad not bad!!

some parts remind me of the "staring at the sun" video!!
very pop like!

yes it reminded me of the staring at the sun video towards the end as well.

lucas007 said:
simply beautiful, and whats more it s really ORIGINAL video:applaud:

exactly, just beautiful. and waaay outta left field.......really original video. I was unsure of this song as a single before, but not anymore.

just perfect.

And the U2 geek in me can speak up a say that it is usually one month from a u2 video premier until we see an actual commercial release for the single on cd (and maybe dvd) here in Canada. :nerd:

i think my speculation upon the animated video got this video released an extra year sooner. bono must read my posts. :happy:

:) Beautiful. Best video since Stay IMO.

My favorite part is the animated head parts, and from "do do do do do" till the end. The final shots of the band remind me of the video for One, good to see Bono without the glasses. Anyone else being touched when the "do do do do" part shows Bono and Larry (isn't he tearing up a bit?)? Also love the last shot of Edge.

I was expecting either children playing animation, or a goofy animated band video a la Hold me thrill me... very original and totally unlike anything else.

Last edited:
el_milagro said:
I like the final shot of Edge...
But when i see this video i think: oh my God, they're old :sad:
i actually thought bono looked VERY similar to how he did in the ONE video :|, larry and edge have never really changed in my eyes, and adams just adam, mr cool,

but really is a very very beautiful video,

and my god the single version is stunning :drool:

Beautiful video. Really touched me, as one of my best friends is pregnant right now and due any day.

Plus Bono took off those glasses...let me tell ya, that made my Thanksgiving! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom