MERGED-->How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb? + atu2 received 2nd confirmation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May I ask how many tracks are on the album, please?

11 1/2....I will say Boy has met Achtung Baby and the result is very grown up :wink: :wink:

to me it doesnt matter what the title of the album is, as long as its great music. But it is great to have a cool one, and I like this title. I think they could have come up with something a little better, but im satisfied with it. I hope the CD cover is cool, theres a lot of neat things you can do with this title. I dont know, somehow I think their gonna surprise us with something totally different.

I am aware of the recordings made on the beach....I am aware of they were tansmitted via mobile into a voice recorder...

I am also aware they do no justice and should be taken with the proverbial grain of salt

I think, with those recordings, its more a case of something, anything, to listen to even if the quality is really bad.

We know those recordings are atrocious but, hey, thats all we have at the moment. But it wont be long.......

I have mostly watched this forum for the better part of the year but I will certainly stop back for a chat around this time with my orange juice....

love is all ya need!!

I have heard Yahweh and he's heard me:edge:

I think a good U2 album title suggests the content -

War (the topic on most of the album's songs, suggest passionate sound)
Joshua Tree (U2 goes in the desert, broad soundscapes and poetic lyrics)
All that you can't leave behind (U2 back to basics of what they do best musically)

I think Vertigo would be a great title, well in line with all the "rock album" and "angry Edge" rumors.

Last edited:
Just an observation or two here.

An aspect of the internet that I for one find to be quite exciting is the whole anonymous nature of it. For example, the legitimacy of Dalkey Beach being an authentic "insider" is somewhat irrelevant. If he is authentic, teriffic, if not, it doesn't really matter as we all "perceive" him as real. The excesses of the imagination and what not. Maybe that doesn't make sense...none the less.... ;)

As far as the album title goes, I really dig the atomic bomb title. It's ballsy as hell due to the inclusion of the word "bomb", but it's also such a full-on title ya know.

gotta run...the beer's getting warm...

ciao

I'm really tired of this people who claim all the time they heard the new album and they post absolutely nothing about it. No offence, Dalkey Beach, but we're dying for some details!
Do you know what happened to Native Son?
Describe us Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Yahweh and those other songs that were posted on U2.com.
C'mon, man, please. Spill us some beans!

The info is correct. The domain name is registered to James Cooke again so it looks like we have confirmation. It's so close to the release date it appears that tHow To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb could well be the title.

Please U2, don't make a fukin preachy album! (The title sounds like it could lead onto that) I don't want to hear any more messages about love anymore, we get it by now.
BTW U2 it's all about hate these days, u want to be cool don't u?

You dont give an album a big pompus title like HTDAAB unless it is a work of great quality. It just gives critics too many buzzwords to tear it down if it doen't live up to the hype.

It's like John Lennon saying The Beatles were bigger than Jesus. It's a good thing they were.

I don't like it, but I'll still listen to the album over and over. I'd listen to the album and buy if it was called something like "Borgus Bacon Deluxe of Carpethia."

Mmmm, this seems to tie in with what Neil McCormick spoke about, the title is indeed difficult, you would expect big songs on this record to cover that kinda title.

Personally, I ain't feelin' it as a title. You can tell the message on this record will be one of positivety (a similar theme of ATYCLB). I hope there's a couple of darker themed songs on the record, I find when Bono taps into the darker elements in his life his lyrical writing goes through the roof.

I must admit, I do miss those funky cool titles of the `90's. I think if this record is indeed called HTDAAB, the critics will have a field day with it, even if it's a stunner of an album that's just their way.

I reckon Acthung baby has got to be the coolest album title ever. They should do more German album titles. I also like the Unforgettable Fire. ATYCLB comes in with the bronze

Achtung Baby and Zooropa were inspired, everything about U2 in the `90's was cool. They had the music, attitude and image right down to a tee through out that whole decade.

I think Dalkey Beach is right on the money boys and girls.

Dalkey Beach, I have 2 questions:
1. Is the album based on 1 theme or are there a couple of songs that are totally different?
2. You seem to know a lot of information, Do you know about the tour? I'm guessing it starts around March-April...but will there be a mix of Stadium and Arena? Also will U2 tour Australia and South America?

I think the Album name HTDAAB will be great.
I'm also very intrigued by the fact that there seems to be 4 or 4 1/2 songs that we don't know the names of yet.

I am pretty intrested in the idea of the record having an instrumental on it that Dalkey Beach has spoke about. That's a very cool idea, maybe have that as the opener to the album? they could have that as the track the walk onto the stage on the new tour if it's rockin' enough?!

Back
Top Bottom