Is Bono High?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
When the best of 1980-1990s came out, I remember Bono saying that when he listened to it, he was proud with what they'd achieved back then, but he'd alway sang far too high in the eighties.

Don't know what you think, but I'm really struggling to sing along with parts of HTDAAB without always changing register.. Looks like nothings changed that much......

newhotlockfolder.gif

I know that Bono said he doesn't like what he sounded like in the 80's, that Edge had to force him to listen to the first Best of, that he sounded like a girl.

Is that what you mean, Ellay?

I hadn't heard that exact quote, but yes it was along those lines.

He was basically saying he was surprised he'd managed to sing so high for so long in the eighties, in contrast to alot of tracks in the nineties..

It's just surprised me that considering his voice has suffered in recent years, especially during popmart, they've started writing songs with extremely high choruses again.

If you watch The Making of The Joshua Tree, you can see Bono wince when he hears himself singing ISHFWILF. He really didn't like his open voice during that era.

well... i like Bono's voice now -- but I also like it in the past!!

maybe he tended to shout too much -- but he's so cool!

The only note that bono hits that gives me trouble somedays, are- In Wide Awake In AMerica-Chorus, and Pride- Chorus, everything else aint to high.

Back
Top Bottom