Have you ever got bored by U2 – and Interference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never bored,sure I decrease my listening at times,but U2 is a constant for me I always go back.
I would'nt say I get bored of forums either I just don't post as much because I have nothing to say.:)

Yeah, I've taken extremely long breaks from U2 but I wouldn't say I get bored. There's just so much great music out there so I take periodic breaks from the band to discover new music.

As for Interference, well, between albums it does get kinda boring in this particular forum, but I enjoy visiting the Lemonade Stand and talking about other music and sports. EYKIW is great for a laugh or two, though. :lol:

Zootlesque said:

I'm sure she meant that it was your smiley that made her yawn, not you personally! :huh:

Yeah... I have no doubt Sue4U2 was kidding and that´s why I said I like Interference and U2 fans because they are good-tempered people. When I see the "yawn smiley" I start yawning too!!...:yes: I was also kidding when I put the yawn smiley in my reply because I NEVER get bored here.
U2 keeps "ON" even when the are kinda of "OFF"...
I sometimes watch my R.E.M and Foo Fighters dvds, but I prefer to watch my U2 dvds, obviously....
:sexywink: :love: :love:

THE GOAL IS SOUL

I think "different levels of enthusiasm" would be better than the word "bored". Still love em, still listen to em, just not like when theyre touring. And obviously, still poking around Interference looking for new things to get excited about. My husband and kids always say, HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS STUFF? (like when Bono is going to be on such-and-such a show)...I just smile. Right now I'm concentrating on saving $$$$$$$$ so I can again indulge myself during the next tour. Thinking how great it would be to see them in Dublin...

I never bore of U2. They've got so much video footage, photos, books, bootlegs and albums out it would take a mighty long time to absorb it ALL. There are times I listen to more U2 than other times, and sometimes I listen to certain songs or albums. As for Interference, yeah it gets boring. I have many friends here tho, so we use the blue crack to keep in touch, play some word games and hang out sometimes. I admit it IS more fun during tour time or when something really big and U2-ey is going on!

Addicted To Bad said:

Yeah... I have no doubt Sue4U2 was kidding and that´s why I said I like Interference and U2 fans because they are good-tempered people. When I see the "yawn smiley" I start yawning too!!...:yes: I was also kidding when I put the yawn smiley in my reply because I NEVER get bored here.
:sexywink: :love: :love:

THE GOAL IS SOUL

lol.. that's all it was. Your post was the first yawn smiley and I happend to yawn at the same time of you post. I had just come out of a meeting and had lunch before - was bored at work and it all came together at that moment. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm not bored of U2, and I don't think I ever will be. I've only been a fan for about 4 years so I'm always discovering something new. As for Interference, it can get a bit slow around here at times but I still love it! Looking forward to see what happens to this place when the new album comes out and the tour begins :up:

This is one of the most boring threads I've ever read...come to think of it...I don't know why I even opened it :scratch: :scratch: I think it's time to turn the computer off and go to bed. Goodnight everyone...or maybe it's good morning depending where you are..

Last edited:
The most annoying facet of u2 is the fans. I cringe at the how some ppl on here totally kiss ass of all things u2 and you cant make a comment unless is totally positive. The most annoying part is the Ali lovers who assume she is so great and a wonderful human being etc without knowing her. SHE ISNT PART OF U2 SO WHY TALK ABOUT HER!?
Its quite disturbing at times!

MrsSpringsteen said:
I am not as into them as I used to be. I'm still quite interested in what the new album will be, just as I was the last time. The tour and all the negatives that can be associated with that, not so much.

:up:

I still like U2 but I rarely listen to them. I didn't see them on their last tour and I doubt I'll see them live again.

As for this forum, it used to seem a whole lot more fun....or maybe I've just been here too long.

in the exhausting time between the end of the last tour and the release of the next album, i always get bored/stop listening to u2 and pretty much move on to other artists.

then as it gets closer and closer to the release of the new album i start listening to all the old stuff again and get fully entrenched back into the u2 universe.

^^that's exactly where I am at... I too, kinda stop listening to them in between tours and focus on the other bands I like. Then when the new album is about to be released.. its all U2 for me..:D

I haven't listened to U2 much over the last year. I haven't stopped liking them, but after a very intense period of listening to them, I felt like I needed something different. I turned my attention to my other favorite band, Wilco, and have been getting into a lot of different bands, especially Sonic Youth and Nels Cline's many experimental jazz projects. For the first time since I first heard Achtung Baby when I was 13, I feel like I'm listening to things that are changing the way I listen to music. If anything, that will make me appreciate U2 in different ways when I go back to them. And for me, it's always "when" and not "if." I criticize them sometimes, but they've meant too much to me in my life to just give up on them.

I'm not here as much as I used to be, in part because I've started posting on another board ( :shh: ) . But this is still where I come to talk about music, and to talk about books, and to talk about kitties. This place stopped being about only U2 for me a long time ago.

I honestly dont think there has been a run of more than a couple of days at once in the last 27 odd yrs that i havent listened to u2. I could happily live with just my u2 music

I don't think I've ever got bored by U2, but I sometimes forget them, my priorities change and I start doing different things and I don't think about them anymore for a period of time; there have been some short periods and a long, long one, but it didn't mean that I didn't like them at those times. Anyway, listening to the old songs after a while is great, I always discover new things in them and I feel the songs fresh again.
About Interference, well, I haven't been here for so long and I don't usually have so much time to spend here, so I haven't got bored by now, I sometimes get bored with those extreme fans who are all positive or negative about the band.

Lara Mullen said:
Because I have no interest in seeing them on tour.

Can I ask why that is Lara? Live is what they are about...even they say that. Am not knocking you, just curious. Live music blows me away!

I do get bored with them like I am right now. When the album comes out that will change. There is so much good music that is new and fresh right now that I lose the U2 spark for a little while.

gman said:

Can I ask why that is Lara? Live is what they are about...even they say that. Am not knocking you, just curious. Live music blows me away!

I'm not sure why it's so surprising or what else to say. Sorry. :lol:

Live might be what they're all about but I've seen them live once, I'm content with that. :) Doesn't mean I don't like live music. I love it, I see plenty of shows. The other half wants to see U2/REM on every tour they do but I'm on the lookout for tickets for someone I haven't had the chance to see yet. I'm not really sure how to explain it, it's just how I feel about concerts. :shrug:

Lara Mullen said:

I'm not sure why it's so surprising or what else to say. Sorry. :lol:

Live might be what they're all about but I've seen them live once, I'm content with that. :) Doesn't mean I don't like live music. I love it, I see plenty of shows. The other half wants to see U2/REM on every tour they do but I'm on the lookout for tickets for someone I haven't had the chance to see yet. I'm not really sure how to explain it, it's just how I feel about concerts. :shrug:

I've only seen them live once and it was not a particularly good concert -- Bono's voice was off, and we paid a gazillion dollars for not very good seats. If I could get better seats next time, I'd go again, but if I got stuck in the nosebleed section, I'd probably pass since I live 90 minutes from where they would perform. That means a three-hour round trip, which is really tough on a school night.

HTDAAB was the first U2 album I ever bought when it was fresh, and it prompted me to work my way back to learn about the band. But it seems like forever since that album came out and as others have said here, there is so much fresh music out there....I hope U2 won't lose their new fans like me by taking so long with this one.

gman said:
The most annoying facet of u2 is the fans. I cringe at the how some ppl on here totally kiss ass of all things u2 and you cant make a comment unless is totally positive. The most annoying part is the Ali lovers who assume she is so great and a wonderful human being etc without knowing her. SHE ISNT PART OF U2 SO WHY TALK ABOUT HER!?
Its quite disturbing at times!

:huh:

silvrlvr said:

I've only seen them live once and it was not a particularly good concert -- Bono's voice was off, and we paid a gazillion dollars for not very good seats. If I could get better seats next time, I'd go again, but if I got stuck in the nosebleed section, I'd probably pass since I live 90 minutes from where they would perform. That means a three-hour round trip, which is really tough on a school night.

HTDAAB was the first U2 album I ever bought when it was fresh, and it prompted me to work my way back to learn about the band. But it seems like forever since that album came out and as others have said here, there is so much fresh music out there....I hope U2 won't lose their new fans like me by taking so long with this one.

Hope you get good seats for the next time.

I think if you like a band enough it's easy to get back into them when they release something new. :)

Back
Top Bottom