** All Get On Your Boots VIDEO Discussion HERE ** (No DL Links Please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the video?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This version is not a fake it's just not "finished". What were are watching literally has not gone to finishing yet. Of course they didn't miss the Getty watermark, but with all the stuff they plan to fill the video with, they used lots of stock photo/video as placeholders until its all approved, then they actually spend the money and buy the final, full res and un-watermarked original of the footage from Getty. There's no reason to waste money if the band doesn't like all the images. Getty sells photos and video, thats why some people are moving behind a watermark, in fact I've used the shot from 1:57 in an Olympus commercial. It is not difficult to get clearance from Getty, all their footage is made for licensing and are rights-managed, this won't be like getting all the last second musician clearances from the Window In The Sky video.
But since that is left undone, I wonder what else is unfinished in this version of the video? You wouldn't send it for finishing and color correction until the final images have been used, again you wouldn't waste all the money in online until everything is final- why color correct low-res, unapproved images. There are plenty of people working on this just rotoscoping alone, I'm sure someone snagged an offline copy before they left and posted it when they thought it would be safe.

garconne_louise_brooks3.jpg

Loving the Louise Brooks hairdo. :love:

It's not a fake, somebody jumped the gun and released this before band authorization. It's most likely a work in progress, hence the Getty watermarks, and there are some blind frames in between edits..single black frames. So it's not the final product. I'm guessing this is the video that was supposed to air after the one that was going to premiere today.

That's exactly what I think. This is not the final version of the video, hence the strange watermarks. But I really hope that it is the version that was supposed to be premiered today. I cannot even imagine a different video for boots now.

Also, moreU2, I think you're right. :up:

This version is not a fake it's just not "finished". What were are watching literally has not gone to finishing yet. Of course they didn't miss the Getty watermark, but with all the stuff they plan to fill the video with, they used lots of stock photo/video as placeholders until its all approved, then they actually spend the money and buy the final, full res and un-watermarked original of the footage from Getty. There's no reason to waste money if the band doesn't like all the images. Getty sells photos and video, thats why some people are moving behind a watermark, in fact I've used the shot from 1:57 in an Olympus commercial. It is not difficult to get clearance from Getty, all their footage is made for licensing and are rights-managed, this won't be like getting all the last second musician clearances from the Window In The Sky video.
But since that is left undone, I wonder what else is unfinished in this version of the video? You wouldn't send it for finishing and color correction until the final images have been used, again you wouldn't waste all the money in online until everything is final- why color correct low-res, unapproved images. There are plenty of people working on this just rotoscoping alone, I'm sure someone snagged an offline copy before they left and posted it when they thought it would be safe.
:sad: this is the same kind of shit that ruined Htdaab, just leave good enough alone before you polish a hole through it

Just double checked - in case I'd lost my marbles.

ITV must have pulled tonights exclusive showing. Still showing on internet based TV listings as on, but my SkyTV (real-time) guide is not longer listing it. Also my scheduled recording of it has disappeared.

Must take a bit longer to remove watermarks.

WOW! The best part is at the end when adam is hopping up and down likes he's 18 again. Straight up in your face rock!

I dont think the video is supposed to be released yet. I'm talking with the girl who did the animation.

you catchin' this, galeongirl?

Yea, Well I asked our resident guitar nerd(ofcourse meant in a really nice way, because I serioulsy admire his ability to know this all!) and he said the Gibson one seemed realistic. :hmm:

How great. I got a reply on the video already. This video sucks.

I deleted it. :rolleyes: Just because I can.

This is not a good thing to be playing at work, I can hardly wait to get home and play it LOUD ! ! ! ! I am totally in love with this video - I want to marry it! Bono is looking sooooo fine! (Runs home at lunch to change undies)

I know. :hyper::hyper:
I keep turning it up then I hear someone coming and back down it goes. So frustrating. If the phones would just stop ringing I could watch it all the way through. :angry:

This video really enriched the song for me, and I already liked GOYB. I hope Anton's Linear does the same for the rest of the album...
:drool:

Its like you have to watch it a hundred times to take it in. There's just so much happening! I love the broken glass when Bono slams the mic stand down!

From Independent.ie

U2 VIDEO DELAYED
New premiere date to follow

3.10 pm

Delivery of the video for U2's new single, 'Get on Your Boots', has been delayed.

We are waiting for a new premiere date from the band and their record company.

More details will follow.

Ironically enough, there's a teaser for a story just below the flag called "Kinky Boots. Learning the ropes of the Irish fetish scene."
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom