after events in USA, do you think we're getting into WW3? and the end of the world?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate that its had to come to this but in all seriousness what do you think Bono would say? Why was he waving the white flag? Why do you listen to U2's music when clearly so many of its themes are ignored? I'm ashamed at the responses I've seen.
Lay down your arms. If only for your own sake.

Originally posted by the_dopester:
I can't believe what some of you people are saying!
Klodomir-"the guilty people have to be removed from the face of the earth"

Why do you consider your self any better than the people who conducted this attack
I don't. I think we're all useless!

Kolodmir-"I don't. I think we're all useless!"

thats the spirit!

no seriously. These people are thinking exactly the same thing "the guilty people have to be removed from the face of the earth"
They just have a different definition of guilty. Is trying to kill them going to help this definition?

I hate that its had to come to this but in all seriousness what do you think Bono would say? Why was he waving the white flag? Why do you listen to U2's music when clearly so many of its themes are ignored? I'm ashamed at the responses I've seen.

Well said!

[This message has been edited by U2FReAk (edited 09-12-2001).]

I'm sorry about what I wrote before. Like I said before I even wrote it, I would regret it, and I have.

If Bush doesn't want war then Dopester why is Colin Powell mouthing off that "this is WAR" do they actually communicate with each other or is Colin Powell now running the US.

I agree with most of what you have said but I am just seriously concerned about what happens next.

I can't believe what some of you people are saying!
Klodomir-"the guilty people have to be removed from the face of the earth"
Why do you consider your self any better than the people who conducted this attack?
These sentiments help NOBODY!
This is ridiculous. Klodomir IS better than the people who conducted this attack! Klodomir didn't kill what will probably be at least 10,000 people!! If we are not to obtain retribution against those responsible, what are we to do? Thank them for at least not striking us with a nuclear bomb? I'm sorry, but your post is really upsetting me. Get real.

Originally posted by UnforgettableFire:
If Bush doesn't want war then Dopester why is Colin Powell mouthing off that "this is WAR" do they actually communicate with each other or is Colin Powell now running the US.

Senior and the Little one
"Bushes" are all good Puppets
Clinton is real man , and now We got Military in charge here .......
frown.gif

BTW DOES ANYBODY KNOWS WAS THE EDGE IN NYC ??????

just repeat me mantra

shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it

------------------
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Maybe they will be rewarded--who knows. Maybe they will burn in hell, also possible. I think in the West, we certainly have an idea that death is the ultimate penalty, and will suffice as punishment for the most heinous crimes. Everyone doesn't subscribe to this idea, and frankly we just don't know if it's true. We don't know if they will suffer in the afterlife because we don't really know anything about the afterlife. What we do know is about this life, and we need to punish them with that regard. We also need to punish those who supported and aided them in doing this.

This is a crime the likes of which we have never seen, and the punishment may have to take a form that we have never seen before. It's only if we react in the proper way that we can make terrorism against the United States unthinkable. That should be our ultimate goal.

Foxxern,
I don't know any religion that rewards people for terrorist acts killing thousands of innocent people. These stupid FUCKS are sorely misguided and if they believe this they are stupid and WRONG. I am not condemning ANY religion, I would just say that anybody else who is of their same religion would probably agree that their god dosen't tell them to go and kill and they will be rewarded.

For us to punish them in an unusual and cruel manner would be to sink to their level, military action is our requisite. We must make them realize we will not put up with this any longer. We must have the support of our allies. We must do more than a couple of airstrikes or a couple of cruise missels.

...this changes everything. the whole international community should work together even closer to fight terrorism.

it is clear NO ONE is safe. it could happen anywhere...

i only hope that US get the people responsible, punish them and that this will be the end of it. no strikes back from the terrorists...
and certainly no nuclear weapons. i doubt that anyone would use them, since there is that "principle of mutual destruction" (don't know how it's called in English, this would be the translation from Slovene. it basically means whoever uses the bomb, will be also destroyed with the bomb in retaliation-specifically US and USSR in the period of cold war), but you never know...

------------------
"the beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

"be uncool, yes be awkward"

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-12-2001).]

Originally posted by UnforgettableFire:

Because they declared war on us, and they have been trying for a long time, they finally hit their target. They finally hit us so hard we are forced to be "at war". Think about what you are saying.

Originally posted by z edge:
Because they declared war on us, and they have been trying for a long time, they finally hit their target. They finally hit us so hard we are forced to be "at war". Think about what you are saying.

i don't think that technically this was an "act of war". a terrorist attack is not the same as an open military attack of another country...which would push a country into war.

------------------

the goal is soul

In all respect to your post and to Bono, lets let the real politicans do their job. I love Bono as much as anyone else, but I am much more interested in what our real elected officials are going to say/do than what a rock stars opinion is.

Originally posted by U2girl:
i don't think that technically this was an "act of war". a terrorist attack is not the same as an open military attack of another country...which would push a country into war.

Ten thousand dead, at least.

The World Trade Center destroyed.

The Pentagon damaged.

What IS this, if not an act of war?

How many casualties would it take? One hundred thousand? Several million?

Don't fool yourself. THIS IS WAR.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba
September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

Terrorist don't exactly have a military or weaponry that a country that goes into war has. For the manner in which they are equipped, not counting their backers, they gave us their full-scale assualt. And what they did is on the scale of war. It is speculated that more people died yesterday than we lost at Peal Harbor. I think the numbers add up to war. Oh, and they attacked our military HQ and were trying to hit our Presidental residence. WAR, think about it.

Bubba and z edge: with all due respect to the proportions of this catastrophe, you need to remember this was all done by 4 hijacked planes-that IS terrorist attack and not war.
was there a war declaration? a full scale military attack?
no.

------------------

the goal is soul

Bubba and z edge: with all due respect to the proportions of this catastrophe, you need to remember this was all done by 4 hijacked planes-that IS terrorist attack and not war.
no.

With all due respect, Osam Bin Laden receives full refuge from Afghanistan, which makes them guilty. Yes, that is and act of WAR.

no.

Just imagine if the rest of their plans had went through as well. I can almost guarantee that there were/are more stuff in the making. Do you realize how long they must of planned this.

Anytime you attack a country's military HQ and WTC killing tens of thousands, shut down a county's air transportation and commerce systems, attempt to kill their leader (also tried to kill Bush Sr back in 1993) I would hope you would take a hint that this is war. The only difference is the people we are dealing with are cowards and don't show their faces to give official war declerations. Just like they don't use the "Geneva Convention" when they take defenseless hostages and slam them into fiery deaths.

no.

Did Japan actually declare war on us when they attacked Pearl Harbor? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think not.

And does the scale of the attack matter? When one plane with a atom bomb can level one city... when these four planes killed over ten thousand, I don't think so.

LOOK AT THE RESULTS, and this is clearly war.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba
September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

10,000 or more potentially killed would be enough grounds for a war for me. We're not talking one plane with 250 people here...we're talking thousands of people. The last time I checked that scale of killing constitutes an act of war for most people.

i see your point as far as the victim count goes (by the way: how do you know it's 10 000? i thought this was yet unknown, since they have to bring everyone out of the ruins of WTC and Pentagon before they can give that number), but it happened because they somehow managed to hit the targets. and the numbers of victims is so high ONLY BECAUSE they happened to hit such tall buildings.
well of course! terrorism very rarely openly declares its intentions to countries.
as for Afghanistan supporting Bin Laden: yes, but:
1) was it him? the news over here say it is yet unknown who was behind the attack. and apparently he said it wasn't him. and also, the Talibani (or Afghanistan, not sure right now) have said they are prepared to give him to US, should he be guilty.
2) so are you going to bomb the country and kill all Afghanistans?

Bubba: my point exactly! Pearl Harbor was a military attack by another country. now that WAS an act of war.

if this is war, as you say:
- which country attacked you?
- i have never heard of a war where the enemy would attack 1 day.
z edge: you don't know that. you don't know whether there were/are any more terrorist missions.

it may seem like a war to US people, but IMO this is terrorism.
now can we leave this subject alone?
------------------

the goal is soul

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-12-2001).]

I said potentially killed. As many as 50,000 people worked at WTC so that number isn't unrealistic. We need to strike the root of the problem (whomever they determine that to be) and avoid civilians.

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 09-12-2001).]

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
I said potentially killed. As many as 50,000 people worked at WTC so that number isn't unrealistic. We need to strike the root of the problem (whomever they determine that to be) and avoid civilians.

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 09-12-2001).]

hmmm-Bush said retaliations will come to "responsible and those who harbor them" so i don't think anything good can come out of this for civilians of Afghanistan (or wherever the responsible may be).

------------------

the goal is soul

Originally posted by what a bomb!:
yeah,but didn't we take delight everytime we bombed Bahgdad and Yuogoslavia, against the despots? Don't get me wrong I am not on their side, but I can see how it was the same for them as it was for the west everytime we bombed some dictator into oblivion!

Sorry, WAB..but you seem to be a little misguided, I understand what you are saying, but since when have you seen American citizens ANYWHERE burning another country's flag as a sign of protest or anger. We have seen images of many peoples burning American flags, even our own people, but we have NEVER gathered in large groups and set fire to another country's flag in protest. We have never participated in a public display of HATRED against another country, and no matter how ANGRY we are at this moment, we will NOT stoop down to their level. We are better than that!

Well I wouldn't call the conditions they live in in Afghanistan now first-class anyway, would you? Maybe the people can take some control back from the Taliban and recover what they had before if they do prove that it was bin Laden.

Back
Top Bottom