What's On Your Wishlist This Holiday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:
All of U2's CDs, considering the fact that I STILL can't find my CD case. Four years of collecting U2's entire discography, down the drain. :(

ack, they haven't turned up yet?

at least it happened close to a major hollyday... hopefully your family and friends will help you restore your collection.

:hug:

Good weather, for my brother and his wife (she's the sister I never had) to come and spend the holidays with me. They are driving all the way from Kansas to Pennsylvania, so I hope that there will be no major snow storms coming their way.

Hmmmm.... where do I start?

Real stairs for my basement. My father-in-law tore them out 10 months ago because they were apparently unsafe and seems to have forgotten about them since.

An Ipod. Any Ipod... I already have all the U2 stuff...;)

I want to see Phantom of the Opera again, or the Lion King live.

The Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy DVDs.

A king-sized down comforter.

A subscription to US magazine - my one guilty pleasure.

A guitar with Guitar lessons.

ALicia Keys' new CD.

New leather boots - dressy ish black.

A vera Bradley carry all for work.

You know, my husband asked me what I wanted for christmas the other day,and I couldnt think of a single thing. It's amazing what you can come up with when you're BORED OUT OF YOUR TREE at work. I'm in the middle of a 16hr night shift. Just kill me.

She ls Raging said:
You know, my husband asked me what I wanted for christmas the other day,and I couldnt think of a single thing. It's amazing what you can come up with when you're BORED OUT OF YOUR TREE at work. I'm in the middle of a 16hr night shift. Just kill me.

What type of work do you do? I know all about the long night shift blues....

I have a 10 hour overnight to do tomorrow and another one on monday night. I work with developmentally disabled adults

Well, tickets to America for next Summer and a Digital Camera were what I really wanted, and I know that i'm getting both of those.

Y'know, for me though, it's the small things I really want for Christmas - those two gifts were just things i'd flippantly mentioned in conversation with the parents. All I really wanted was some Perfumeria Gal lipbalm and This Diary Will Change Your Life 2005.

HelloAngel said:
all i really want though is just some good times and some peace and clarity in my life.

Ditto. I'll have to add these to my list!
I hope you get your wish! :)

LoveTown said:

What type of work do you do? I know all about the long night shift blues....

I have a 10 hour overnight to do tomorrow and another one on monday night. I work with developmentally disabled adults

I'm a pedi nurse... we had a sick call and I have irish-catholic guilt!

more time with my 2 lovely grandaughters.
and
A new computer, with cd/dvd capabilities. One that has all the specifics I want. So I can put all the pics and music i want.
Or a job - and I'll get my own, thanks. :up:

ok and an iPod. U2 or otherwise..

She ls Raging said:

I'm a pedi nurse... we had a sick call and I have irish-catholic guilt!

hahaha that is how I ended up with 2 night shifts instead of one. The guilt factor always get me.

by the way, you do great work :)

Well, since I'll be leaving for Africa in less than a month, I asked my parents for extra rechargeable batteries for my camera (already got the charger kit). And another memory card, but I need some pretty big ones (a 512 MB and 1GB) that are almost $100 so I sincerely doubt my parents can get me that. I'd like crest whitestrips premium....and I asked for some practical stuff like some OTC meds I'm low on, shampoo, soap, snacks...I dunno, lol.

GibsonGirl said:
All of U2's CDs, considering the fact that I STILL can't find my CD case. Four years of collecting U2's entire discography, down the drain. :(

GibsonGirl, if you want me to send you some B-Sides/Albums to tide you over until you get the real things back, then I can :)

Whirled Peas..... :reject: :D

Seriously, my wishlist (as always) includes all those "things you can't buy"... peace, compassion, tolerance, etc for ALL of us.

As for materialistic things, I won't be buying one myself, but if someone came forward with the U2 iPod I wouldn't be mad about it. :laugh: I'd love some $$$$ to help me finance my spring & fall travel plans, too. :yes:
And as silly/weird as it may sound, I'd love to have the $600 it will take to pay for the next tattoo my hubby wants. It's a beautiful Celtic cross with tribal bands that he wants on his back from shoulder to shoulder and I'd love to be able to "give" that to him for Christmas. Strange, I know, but it has strong ties to his newly found faith & I don't know, somehow it just seems right to me that he would have it done this time of year. Plus, I love to indulge him when I can.... :love:

Well, I'd like a decent paying job that actually has something to do with my major.

Other than that, I'd like the U2 I-Pod. I might get it from my sister and her DH as a Xmas/graduation gift.

Gift certificates are nice. And I need a new slip cover for my coach. Mine looks nasty.

My Mum works for the health minister here. She was telling us how one of her colleagues needs to raise a certain amount of money so that children who are very ill can bring special medical equipment home so they can spend Christmas Day with their family in their own homes. She said there are 29 families who are hoping that my Mum's friend can get the funding she needs. I really hope that all those little children get to go home for Christmas Day.

I really don't want anything for Christmas, either does my sister. We have both said we didn't want any presents so my Mum booked us to get our hair cut on Thursday evening with her and then she is going to take us out someday for lunch and to pick some clothes, I've dropped a dress size this year and I don't really have any trousers so I'd like a few pairs of trousers and a few extra jumpers for winter, nothing expensive as I intend to lose more weight. I think we are driving our poor Mum mad, she thinks we want things for Christmas but don't want to ask or tell them what it is we want. She said we are not normal teenage daughters. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom