The Temple Bar ~ Tom Petty (hell yeah!) at the Superbowl UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ocarina of Time? That's a good one. There's another one on the N64, but I never played it - rather, I played like 20 minutes of it, but I couldn't figure it out. It was weird.

I think about gods a lot. I'm thinking there's more to it than just a bunch of ancient people worshipping stars. They're based on something. I wonder what it was.

So, I vaguely remember waking up last night at 1am, for some reason I felt compelled to look outside and there was an ambulance.

Or did I dream that? I think it was real..........:hmm:

U2democrat said:
So, I vaguely remember waking up last night at 1am, for some reason I felt compelled to look outside and there was an ambulance.

Or did I dream that? I think it was real..........:hmm:

you live in a place where you get cheese and chili at the press of a button... I'm assuming you must have the ambulance on speed dial.

:lol:

It's just kind of weird, because when I randomly wake up during the night I never feel the need to look out the window. This one time I did and there was an ambulance out there. The lights weren't flashing and the siren didn't go off.......:shrug:

I did have a dream that I had just gotten a job at Busch stadium working for my favorite team, the St. Louis Cardinals. I think my job had something to do with keeping the players educated when it came to politics.

Naturally as one of my perks with this job I got to go to all of the home games, and I chose to sit behind centerfield because my favorite player is #15, CF Jim Edmonds.

Sounds like a great dream so far, right?

Well when the Air Force was doing their flyover during the national anthem before the game, one of the jets fell apart literally right before our eyes and crashed next to the stadium. For some reason this cancelled baseball, so I ended up getting a job at an upscale chocolate shop. :drool:

Random dream.

Rather than asking in FYM, I'll ask here: Can someone explain to me the American process of choosing a Presidential candidate?

Now, as I understand it, the primaries and caucuses are needed to determine the number of delegates each candidate has at the national convention. Let's say that Clinton wins New York by a margin of 55% to 45%. Does this mean she gets 55% of the delegates?

Also, how many delegates are needed to win the nomination? And, are these delegates bound to vote for their candidate? By this I mean, if there's no clear winner can they switch sides during the second, third, or fourth round of voting at the convention?

Thanks in advance.

BonoManiac said:
Rather than asking in FYM, I'll ask here: Can someone explain to me the American process of choosing a Presidential candidate?

Now, as I understand it, the primaries and caucuses are needed to determine the number of delegates each candidate has at the national convention. Let's say that Clinton wins New York by a margin of 55% to 45%. Does this mean she gets 55% of the delegates?

Also, how many delegates are needed to win the nomination? And, are these delegates bound to vote for their candidate? By this I mean, if there's no clear winner can they switch sides during the second, third, or fourth round of voting at the convention?

Thanks in advance.

You've got the jist of it.

This is a nice explainer from wikipedia:

The 2008 Democratic National Convention, where the Democratic presidential ticket is formally agreed upon, has 796[2] superdelegates, although the number is not final until March 1, 2008. Superdelegates to the Democratic Convention include all Democratic members of the United States Congress, Democratic governors, various additional elected officials, as well as members of the Democratic National Committee.[3] A list of superdelegates can be found here.

A candidate needs a simple majority of the combined delegate and superdelegate votes to secure the nomination. Democratic delegates from state caucuses and primaries number 3,253, resulting in a total number of votes of 4,049. The total number of delegate votes needed to win the nomination is 2,025.[2] Superdelegates account for approximately one fifth (19.6%) of all votes at the convention. Delegates chosen in the Democratic caucuses and primaries account for approximately four fifths (80.4%) of the Democratic convention delegates.[2][4] Note: All numbers in this section assume that Michigan and Florida's delegates are not counted per current Democratic National Committee rules. If those rules are changed before or during the convention, the numbers above will change as appropriate.

Morning, bar.

It's snowing heavily again, and the roads weren't cleared at all during the night, so I had to turn back home instead of going in to work. I'll be at home for the morning (at least), and hopefully head in once this snow crap turns into rain. Ugh. I'm SO fed up with this weather :scream:

UberBeaver said:
I hope Sicy rips out his soul and eats it, like a wolf on the hunt. Bastard alters.

Anyone play the new Zelda? The whole "oh snap, I'm a wolf, son" feature is pretty awesome. I just learned how to howl. :happy:

I'm sporadically playing Mass Effect, which is awesome.

ThoraSEB said:
Morning, bar.

It's snowing heavily again, and the roads weren't cleared at all during the night, so I had to turn back home instead of going in to work. I'll be at home for the morning (at least), and hopefully head in once this snow crap turns into rain. Ugh. I'm SO fed up with this weather :scream:

people in Vancouver complaining about the weather... irony ftw... :hi5:

Chicago had a lot of snow last Wednesday-Thursday, then again during the Super Bowl, but nothing too bad. Well, actually, Wednesday was sort of bad, we sent employees home at like 3pm.

But, still, overall, I'm digging winter, it had been too long.....

Most people don't get it. Even people in the media are having to brush up on their math and Govt 101. It's so complex, which only makes today's outcome more unpredictable.

Back
Top Bottom