The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Shenk apparently doesn't remember the Sox coming back from down 0-2 twice (99 and 03). Colorado is going to the world series, sorry Philly fans, you just ran into the wrong team at the wrong time. Plus the Rockies voted a full playoff share to Mike Coolbaugh's family - hard to root against stuff like that.

randhail said:
Plus the Rockies voted a full playoff share to Mike Coolbaugh's family - hard to root against stuff like that.

I read this recently and thought it was a very classy move. :up:

I wouldn't mind seeing them go all the way if they do get past Philly.

randhail said:
Mr. Shenk apparently doesn't remember the Sox coming back from down 0-2 twice (99 and 03).

He doesn't remember the 1995 Mariners vs. Yankees series either.

How weird were all those bugs at Jacobs Field tonight?

I only got to see the bottom of the 11th, but they were still around in noticeably huge numbers.

mlb_a_bugchamberlain_412.jpg

:huh:

As the venerable Dennis Boyd once said, "that's what you get for building a ballpark on the ocean."

I've never seen anything in baseball like those bugs. I watched from the 8th on. It was crazy. They'd pan up close to the Yankees pitcher (the guy before Rivera) and he'd have like 15 or 20 bugs crawling on his neck and face.

What an exciting game. The Yankees just have no depth of pitching. The guy after Rivera was weak.

A-Rod, get a hit or something! <grin>

Signed,
Not a Yankees Fan

Crap. I thought there was a small chance Escobar was going to forget about Pedroia at third base and let him waltz home.

Those played a great role in changing the outcome of the Yankees games. Joba Chamberlin (the pitcher before Rivera) was lights out in the 7th. Then in the 8th, the bugs started flying and the Indians scored without even getting a hit.

But the Yankees need to show some form of offense, otherwise they'll be going home in the first round again.

Vintage Manny tonight - some hairy moments in the field and then an absolute bomb.

The more I see Papelbon, the more I'm convinced that he's a pyschopath - and I love it!

Originally posted by Got Philk?
If Ramirez and Lee don't start hitting, yes. :sad:

And what happened to Ted Lilly???

ETA: Soriano needs to not strike out 3 times also.

It just isn't looking good. :(

All very true, indeed. :up:

As for Lilly ... he seemed to buckle under-pressure while seeing those screaming Arizona fans on their feet.

Did you see how he was eye-balling the crowd right before Arizona scored those runs ??

I doubt the Cubs will beat Arizona ... even if they win 1 game, it's still a fight. They gotta win all 3 games to advance.

I might just watch the Wolves telecast instead as they play their first away game in Milwaukee, before starting home games
next weekend.

phanan said:
The Angels walked Ortiz four times, which is understandable, but sooner or later, you just knew it would blow up in their faces.

They played with fire all night, it finally burned them. Day-um that ball was crushed.

Also big :up: to the fan who stole Manny's foul popup in the (6th?)...it was in the stands so that was fair play, not like Bartman or Maier. Led directly to a Lowell sac fly, beautiful.

Oh and those bugs, ew. Apparently they're some type of breeding swarm of flying ants, and they call them "The Canadian Army".

I love Manny:

"When you don’t feel good and you still get a big hit that’s when you know you’re a bad man"

Classic Manny.

He's just Manny being Manny...you gotta love the guy.

You know, I was thinking, Manny must be the most popular player in MLB among the other players. I mean, have you seen how long he watches his HR's before rounding the bases? Anybody else did that and every pitcher in the league would be buzzing the tower, but nobody ever dusts Manny. I don't even remember anyone squawking about it except for the A's in the '03 ALDS - but even then they were more pissed about the Derek Lowe salute.

Livan Hernandez walks the bases loaded in the bottom of the 4th, and Mark DeRosa swings at ball 4 and grounds into an inning-ending double play. Wow.

The lights just went out at Coors field. Interesting.

Well, the good news is that it's not too bad of a walk from Wrigley to my apartment.

After DeRosa's double play, the crowd lost it's life and you could kind of feel that the game was over. Sucked.

Sorry Philbert.

Dalton said:
I feel for you NSW, Wriggleyville is insane when the Cubs are winning in October.

Some of the best memories of my life...

It was interesting walking down Clark after the game. The street was closed all the way down to Belmont, so, it was like a depressed Mardi Gras. I saw a guy with a Cubs shirt and a Michigan State hat crying. Just an odd scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom