The Clash RULE!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
those people need to get some sense kicked into them. do you have a good pair off boots? if so, i recommend strapping them on and assisting me in the sense-kicking fest

Thanks for finally replying.... 2 days later.

hehe.

Better late then never.

i didn't see that you had said anything, i would have rpelied sooner but the thread got lost in the piles of boring threads that seem to have more people posting in them

WHY?!?!? :mad:

Is it just me or are the Clash a hell lot better live than in the studio? I listened to the live versions of London's Burning and Complete Control and they kick the **** out of the studio versions.

I read this thread.

I was at Best Buy.

I purchased "The Story Of The Clash Volume 1"

So far, I like it....

Am I a better person now?! lol:eyebrow:

Nate Dogg said:
I read this thread.

I was at Best Buy.

So far, I like it....

In my eyes you are now a FAR better person!!!!!!!!!!

Nate Dogg said:
I read this thread.

I was at Best Buy.

So far, I like it....

you are my new best friend.

i was in a record shop buying tickets to a show and i saw a magazine with the clash on the cover, i didn't buy it cos i couldn't afford to spend 8.50 on a magazine, but i wanted it...listened to the clash all morning too, and i really want to go back and just look at the magazine, but i don't think the people in the shop like me too much...i'm not the right kind of music geek or somehting

yertle-the-turtle said:
Is it just me or are the Clash a hell lot better live than in the studio? I listened to the live versions of London's Burning and Complete Control and they kick the **** out of the studio versions.

what live versions? i've heard great live versions, and then i've heard shite ones that they ended up overdubbing half of cos the band agreed that they sounded bad

IWasBored said:

you are my new best friend.

thank you.
I actually owned the Clash tribute album since it came out a few years back. Now I know how they were meant to sound(although, there are some excellent covers on that CD...)...

Nate Dogg said:

thank you.
I actually owned the Clash tribute album since it came out a few years back. Now I know how they were meant to sound(although, there are some excellent covers on that CD...)...

there are a few good ones, i don't know how you feel about cracker's version of "white riot" though...

or that ice cube thing. it's one thing when a band covers a song and makes it their own, but there's a line that shouldn't be crossed. and that line involves re-writing the verses and using the chorus. just one opinion...

Anyone who owns a Clash album is better off for it.

I think the live/studio version depends on the song.

Guns of Brixton for example - wayyyyyyy better live.

Every Little Bit Hurts - better on the album.

It ebbs and it flows...

just briefly ....in a little theatre in Sydney.
we were ruled by
The Rolling Stones and Malcolm and Angus Young( from ACDC) they got up at the Stones "Enmore Theatre" show and played "Little Red Rooster" together. I wasn't there, but I heard from a couple of people who were. They said it was great, Mick was looking fit as... Keith Richards has been holidaying near here, lotsa walks on the beach. I just heard from a friend who saw John Mayall in Australia recently. Another brilliant show, I'm told.
(I'm saving myself for silverchair..but I won't go on...and on)

The manager of my favourite local radio station LOVES the Clash. He doesn't play them very often, but slips them into the music quiz when he can. Good stuff and Amen too.

www.londonsbruning.org is ok, hasn't been updated in forever. i haven't been able to find anything that plays sound clips, most links are dead and there just don't seem to be that many sites out there

verte, glad you love the clash. one more person saying that makes me remember that not all u2 fans are just interested in bad pop music outside of u2 (that was a refrence to the justin and someone tour thread :wink: )

the number of people who are psyched about that tour is sickening

IWasBored said:
the number of people who are psyched about that tour is sickening

I agree. You'd think people who like U2 wouldnt like horse crap in the disguise of music.

IS it even disguised as music?

if it is, it's one of those disguises like in rocky and bulwinkle where the bad guy wears a different hat and no one recognises him. and you sit there watching the show thinking "how could they be so STUPID????"

That was quite funny.

Oh yeah, I wanna move the town to the Clash City Rockers, you need a little jump of electrical shocker.

I have no idea if those lyrics are correct, I just thought I'd throw in something about the Clash.

i beleive those are the right lyrics :up:

but i've been known to sing along wrong...

back in the garage with my MOTION DETECTOR?? bullshit detector...yeah....took me a while to learn that one...

Westway to the World won the Grammy for best Long form music video, that means I have to buy it. I'm ticked off I didnt buy it last week when I could have got it for $5 off. Mabey it will go on sale somewhere because it won a Grammy.

They did a tribute to Joe Strummer at the Grammy's, it was: Dave Groel, Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen, Little Steven, the bass player from No Doubt, and who the drummer was I dont know(some old guy) playing London Calling. I thought it was really cool. They were all really into it.

How is Westway to the World? What's it like, does it have footage of them performing songs live? Just wondering.

I was just looking up tons of info on The Clash, do you have the Live From Here to Eternity cd? If so, how is it? I guess it's a live album of a bunch of their best performances of some of their best songs live. It got really good ratings from what I've seen. I really want that now.

I've been listening to The Clash for a while tonight, now I want new Clash cd's!!! haha, damn you Clash, why are you so good?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom