The 2008 MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
John Lackey will no doubt be quite proud that his squad pulled off a win against a #5 pitcher who went on three days' rest.

speedracer said:
John Lackey will no doubt be quite proud that his squad pulled off a win against a #5 pitcher who went on three days' rest.
And as a result will get to face a pitcher called up from AA today on an emergency basis...pretty good draw for the Angels, supposed to face Beckett, Matsuzaka and Lester and end up facing Pauley, Lester on 3 days rest and Masterson...if the Angels can't sweep that series there's no hope for them.

Masterson's gonna win.

So the Sox are stricken with the plague...can the Angels still play the injury card?

CTU2fan said:

So the Sox are stricken with the plague...can the Angels still play the injury card?
Absolutely.

If the Sox starting lineup due to injuries and illness was:

SP: Hewson
C: phanan
1B: randhail
2B: CTU2fan
SS: MrPryck2u
3B: Headache in a Suicase
LF: Zonelistener
CF: Coco Crisp
RF: DaveC
DH: Phillyfan26

Our resident Lackey would still claim the Eastern Siberia Angels of Southern Yukon were at a disadvantage due to injury.

Heh. You'll notice I didn't even list Escobar among the injured halos. I've essentially written him off - as I did with Colon last year - because he very well may have a career-ending injury.

That said, I could legitimately argue we're without our two best pitchers - our 18 & 19 game winners of last year - so, um, yeah, that presents a slight disadvantage.

I'm also bummed you didn't have to face Howie Kendrick this series. He makes our lineup difficult to get through, though it's already pretty good.

Anyway, yeah, we definitely got it easy having to face the two callups and the unrested Lester, I'll give you that.

That said, I'm becoming more and more convinced games in the sand box don't really count, whether they're Angel wins or losses.

How can I take seriously a major league game being played in a Triple A stadium?

Hewson said:
And as a result will get to face a pitcher called up from AA today on an emergency basis...pretty good draw for the Angels, supposed to face Beckett, Matsuzaka and Lester and end up facing Pauley, Lester on 3 days rest and Masterson...if the Angels can't sweep that series there's no hope for them.

Translation:

"I need to make excuses for our loss yesterday." :wink:

Oh, and Red Sox fans are seeing some rising stars this series in Kotchman and Aybar.

So sorry you couldn't see Howie. :wink:

Yeah Fenway Park is such a joke. You know what they should do? Throw up a 100ft. "B", rip out the Green Monster, and have the Disney Imagineers put in the fake mountain from that railroad ride at WallyWorld. That would be awesome.

I havent been keeping up with Lowell's injury

but does anybody know when he's returning?

Last time I checked he's been taking batting practice

Sounds like he's almost returning right?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
while the other team is full of internal drama and worries about stupid meaningless "curses."

The "cursed" jersey just sold for $175K. Great for the Jimmy Fund, but $175K? That's nuts. But I think the guy who bought it may be nuts, his recent ebay purchases include a MC Hammer Platinum RIAA Award and Kenny Rogers tour jacket.

That guy clearly has more money than he knows what to do with, so good for him.

It's quite apparent that the main weakness of the Sox is the middle inning work of the bullpen.

Someone needs to step up to bridge the gap to Okajima and Papelbon.

What a waste for Masterson, who was fantastic in his debut.

theFly51 said:
I havent been keeping up with Lowell's injury

but does anybody know when he's returning?

Last time I checked he's been taking batting practice

Sounds like he's almost returning right?

He looks to be going on a rehab assignment soon.

He's probably a week away.

phanan said:

What a waste for Masterson, who was fantastic in his debut.
I wonder if the Twins' management caught any of this series, which displayed much of what they could have gotten for Santana (Ellsbury, Masterson, Lowrie, Lester) and are wondering why they took a bucket of balls from the Mets instead.

randhail said:

The "cursed" jersey just sold for $175K. Great for the Jimmy Fund, but $175K? That's nuts. But I think the guy who bought it may be nuts, his recent ebay purchases include a MC Hammer Platinum RIAA Award and Kenny Rogers tour jacket.

Can't wait for that museum to open in Kentucky!

Hewson said:
Absolutely.

If the Sox starting lineup due to injuries and illness was:

SP: Hewson
C: phanan
1B: randhail
2B: CTU2fan
SS: MrPryck2u
3B: Headache in a Suicase
LF: Zonelistener
CF: Coco Crisp
RF: DaveC
DH: Phillyfan26

I'll be needing a cutoff man.

DaveC said:
I usually play left field, actually.
But the wall in Fenway is too tricky...with the exchange rate and all, you'd spend too much time trying to figure out how many meters high it is and how many Loonies might fall from the Monster seats when folks jump up to cheer, so RF is a better fit for you at the Fens.

Carlos Delgado = FIRED
Jorge Sosa = FIRED
Schowenweiss= FIRED

Reyes = better start acting like a horse's ass again because apparently when he dances all around the ball park is the only time he is a dynamo spark plug

Hey PhillysFan - wanna trade Utley/Burrell for Pedro, Delgado and a bag of balls?

Hewson said:
But the wall in Fenway is too tricky...with the exchange rate and all, you'd spend too much time trying to figure out how many meters high it is and how many Loonies might fall from the Monster seats when folks jump up to cheer, so RF is a better fit for you at the Fens.

Always lookin' out for me, bro. :hi5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom