Shuttlecock XX: ((Show Spoiler))

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you have lead an interesting life...

Not really. Nothing else interesting happened after that incident for at least a decade. :crack:

Jeff Goldblum was way hot in those days. :shifty:

I didn't think so, but later when he actually did become really hot I used to embellish my story with "Jeff Goldblum hit on me once." But then one time when I said that somebody told me that they used to work in a coffee shop in LA that he used to frequent and that he's just unbelievably flirty, charming and friendly to everyone so a lot of women think they've been hit on by him. So then I returned to my original accurate version of the story.

Zoo TV, Toronto, September 5, 1992 was my first U2 concert. I was 14, it was awesome, from what I can remember :scratch:

:hi5: Mine was in Madison, WI about a week later.

I don't remember much of the actual concert, either. Most of my ZooTV memories are from other concerts, thanks to bootlegs.

Sarah-Palin-Supporters.jpg

You betcha!

She's got her eye on those Canadians, seeing as how they share a border and all. SHE IS ON TO YOU.

By the way, I wanted to throw my two cents in as well, that I too often am weirded out by the responses on this forum over celebrity deaths. People seem to respond to it 100x more personal than I ever would, especially for people they're not that big of fans of. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'd be incredibly depressed if someone I'm a huge fan of musically passed away, so I understand that, but I guess it always weirds me out when people are overly dramatic over someone they have next to no attachment or association to. I just don't care about celebrities all that much I guess. :shrug:

By the way, I wanted to throw my two cents in as well, that I too often am weirded out by the responses on this forum over celebrity deaths. People seem to respond to it 100x more personal than I ever would, especially for people they're not that big of fans of. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'd be incredibly depressed if someone I'm a huge fan of musically passed away, so I understand that, but I guess it always weirds me out when people are overly dramatic over someone they have next to no attachment or association to. I just don't care about celebrities all that much I guess. :shrug:

Same here. I was pretty devastated by John Lennon's death but I was young and it was a murder. They actually canceled classes at my school, such was the state of grief on campus.

And I was pretty broken up about Jeff Buckley.

It would be awful if it was an artist I loved who I thought had the best years of music ahead of them and then I'd feel the loss more directly.

With MJ, I like looking at the video clips and remembering things from my childhood but I have no tears to shed, no OMG-I-can't-believe-it, etc. It's sad but I'm not sad.

With Heath Ledger I gave it a "wow, that's awful" and forgot about it.

Lennon & Buckley were definitely the worst for me.

I think people want to be a part of something important and bigger than they are. Celebrity deaths are a way to channel that need in a somewhat acceptable way, especially when they see others doing it.

I haven't been reading the other thread, so I've been spared, but living in SoCal yesterday was fucking strange.

Speaking of Buckley, I listened to Grace last weekend, and I liked it more than I have when I've listened to it in the past. I'm growing!

I think it's one thing to express the sentiments thoughtfully like you guys have done here, and quite another to continue to be a giant dick about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom