Shuttlecock IX: Romi and Miss Sil's Line Rules Disunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not only as a band, but as producers. There's two really big edits in Out Of Control (one before the interlude, and one before the outro) that are really flattering.

And Adam's playing, again! There's a nice melodic bass part at the end of Out of Control, and much more confidence in Stories for Boys. The rhythm section is actually holding it together.

The Bongolese in the Twilight demo may be awful but it really works in ATAP.

Also shit I didn't realise one of FYM's resident pests is also on U2gigs - he's got his own venue!: U2 Northampton, 1981-01-29, Iron Horse, Boy Tour - U2 on tour

(I just noticed that on Boy's third leg, at some shows they ended with OOC; at others they did 11OTT/The Ocean. That's right, not only did they repeat songs, but they did it at the expense of their now-hallowed first single! Good to know weird setlist choices are not exclusive to recent U2.)

Another Time Another Place feels like a disco song, weirdly.

The "bass and kick drum" pounding on the verse, the off kilter drums on the bridge, all of the little accents the rhythm section is throwing in.

Then Edge is floating over the top, playing multiple rhythm parts in the pre-verses, slashing rhythm guitar during the solo.

The chord progression is REALLY weird, too. It goes minor in a weird way for the choruses.

AND WE HAVE MORE BONGOLESE

The intro to The Electric Company is one of the best god damned riffs.

Practically everything about this song is the best. Takes me right back to when I first fell in love with this album when I was about sixteen years old and would just sit there listening to it while staring out my window. You might say I awoke at the moment, the precise minute, the exact period of time, when the miracle occurred.

The fade-out and fade-back-in is baffling though. Why? I mean, I kind of like it, but... why?!

OK can somebody explain why Shadows and Tall Trees is so unpopular because, well, it's not going to rate in my top three Boy songs any time soon but this is great, and Bono was not normally writing lyrics like this.

OK can somebody explain why Shadows and Tall Trees is so unpopular because, well, it's not going to rate in my top three Boy songs any time soon but this is great, and Bono was not normally writing lyrics like this.

Probably because Bono can't enounciate a fucking word on it? He could literally be singing the phone book right now. I wouldn't know.

Why is there a Fire riff.

I wonder how many people heard October's first single and thought "that sounds familiar..." but couldn't place why.

I remember when I first heard Speed of Life on the deluxe edition and was briefly pissed off that it was instrumental - then I went back to one of the live versions with vocals and was grateful they'd stuck with the instrumental version.

I legit really, really enjoy Saturday Night.

I await the wrath of LM.

Live 11OTT, this is why I'm a U2 fan.

... though this is not perhaps the best performance of it. It didn't quite hit its full stride until the October Tour, but from then until UF it was the Bad or Streets of its day.

Edit: ha, nice bum note by Edge at the start of the first solo.

Back
Top Bottom