Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Monae herself has a solo album out this fall, too. That last joint of hers was damn good. And it feels like it was a really long time ago.

So hyped for that Monae joint. It's been a great music year and it's only going to get better.

And Goodie Mob, of course.

Arctic Monkeys first live show in nearly a year tonight. They'll undoubtedly play some new tunes. I'm really excited. I'm going to listen to the shitty camera phone-recorded versions of the songs, and there aren't very many bands I would do that for.

I'm addicted to marijuana, jive, and I'll kindly ask you to stop bringing it up and embarrassing me.

Hey guys, LOL.

LvJdysB.gif

Thanks, HG. I was sorta worried about those exact things (how the album would translate live and audience response to it, length of the show, etc.). Decisions, decisions.

I will say this: Ben Gibbard was in fine form, as always--lots of his patented back-and-forth sway, great singing, playing drums... And Jenny Lewis really, really impressed me. I'd never seen her before, but her voice is outstanding. She was busy all over the stage as well, playing guitar, keys, drums. The visuals were strong too. But getting to see Ben and Jenny sing together was a real treat. Just another reason I'm glad I went.

I'm seeing The Postal Service next month. Can't say I have high expectations, but I love Give Up (more than any Death Cab album). Throw in the novelty factor, plus they never really toured much and I'm willing to begrudge this nostalgia cash in. The presence of Jenny Lewis is definitely a plus.

He hates you.

After what I did with his wife? Of course he does.

But seriously, I was just going through some old "Top 10 films of the decade" in Zoo Station, and couldn't help but think about him. That sounds really weird but, yeah.

Great stuff. Good guy. Loved the Orlando Magic.

Your winters are about like So. California or Florida winters aren't they?

They get a bit colder than SoCal, but it rarely dips below 10C during the day and there's no wind chill.

But it's still really fucking cold if you ask me.

They get a bit colder than SoCal, but it rarely dips below 10C during the day and there's no wind chill.

But it's still really fucking cold if you ask me.

I need to move to a climate like that. I'm glad we're moving into summer.:love:

Winters here are fucking cold because nobody knows how to prepare for them. Houses tend to be built in the hope that they will stay cool in the summer rather than warm in the winter. The technology of layering clothes is still sparsely utilised compared to elsewhere in the world.

I've been told many times it's a "different type of cold" in the Northern Hemisphere as well. Like you can go outside when it's 2-3C and it'll be cold, but the sun will be out and it is actually kind of pleasant if you're wearing the right clothes.

I've been told many times it's a "different type of cold" in the Northern Hemisphere as well. Like you can go outside when it's 2-3C and it'll be cold, but the sun will be out and it is actually kind of pleasant if you're wearing the right clothes.

At least that's how I feel about it.

OK, I have an assertion to make: With the song "Ain't No Sunshine" Bill Withers created trip-hop.

Back
Top Bottom