Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a new Hootie & The Blowfish album? Why was this not on the B&C release calendar???

I'm assuming it's a Darius Rucker solo thing. He's been putting out solo music for years in the "modern country" genre. And has been pretty successful.

It was actually a shrewd business move. People that listen to a lot of modern country radio are very easy to please. It don't take much. The songs sound the same, and people don't want to be challenged, and it's easy to find a place there.

Take it from a Texan: GAF just summed up modern country music as best as one can. And Texas Country is worst offender.

I knew I was spelling it "wrong" because the rhythm wasn't right. I figured there was an h in there or something.

e7carp.png

Went to the dentist today to get a toothache checked out. I had one tooth way in the back that had a pretty big hole I was aware of. My last visit was about 5 years ago when i had a root canal done.

Anyway, about 7 cavities (not a surprise considering how bad I am about flossing and how much sweets I eat). With three recommended extractions. They also said I need a new crown. Without dental insurance this is gonna run over $2000. Not gonna happen.

Anyway, I agreed to have the tooth with the hole removed today; apparently it was an exposed wisdom tooth. So I'm thinking "okay, well they don't have to cut it out like other wisdom teeth so this should be fairly routine". And the two root canals I've had weren't painful or brutal compared to what people think when they hear the term.

This procedure took THREE HOURS. A lot of that time was me begging for them to stop, with alternating dizzy spells, sweats, and near-panic attacks. They drilled, they pried, they got the pliers on and were wrenching back and forth. Even when the pain wasn't that sharp, the sheer uncomfortability of the what was happening was too much to take. My jaw was sore from being open for so long. And I had like 4 or 5 shots of novocaine. Apparently there was an infection underneath which the dentist claimed was preventing the painkiller from being fully absorbed into the root.

I've never been so traumatized in my entire life. Like I felt it was never going to end. It took a lot of willpower to refrain from just demanding to leave and go...somewhere else, like where I could be sedated or put under. I've always had a fear of general anesthetic, but at this point I would welcome it gladly compared to what I went through.

Don't forget to brush and floss, kids.

Oh my God, why didn't they just put you under? They didn't have that ability there?

I thought getting all four wisdom teeth out at once was bad :crack:

My teeth are horrendous and I hate them. Thanks for taking away any minuscule desire I may have had to do something about that.

That sucks. I know what you mean when you say you have a bit of a fear of general anesthesia, too. I've never been very comfortable with that idea.

I was knocked out for my wisdom teeth surgeries and heavily sedated for my other removals/procedures. It's really the only way anyone should have to go through those things.

Hopefully it doesn't take them a month and a half to deliver it. Heyo!

That track Cobbz shared is pretty awesome though. Have never heard anything else of theirs.

Couldn't they put you on antibiotics to kill the abscess and then drill it next week? I've got a fucked up tooth right behind the crown from three years ago that I've been avoiding getting fixed for no reason other than I haven't gotten around to it. It's bad, I know what happens if I don't get it fixed, but my problem is that I'm lazy and know approx how long it took for the other tooth to get root canal worthy, so I figure I should be good as long as I get it fixed within the next 6 months or so. I brush twice a day, but forget flossing. Four years of braces when I was in high school, yet I still can't floss between half my teeth without the floss ripping and getting stuck along with whatever food is in there. And that's just even more gross.

When they took out my four wisdom teeth I was awake, I only got the Novocaine shots and maybe a little gas, I don't remember and as I recall it wasn't quite working. But I was really lucky, I guess. One of them was a little infected and it was the hardest for them to get out, They had to break it up a little bit first. Otherwise the other three popped right out. I felt pain later, of course, but for the most part, it was just the whole idea of them pulling out my teeth in front of me that was the worst thing.

As for general anesthesia? Every time, if it's offered. I guess there's some reason to be scared of it, but I had a major skull fracture when I was 5 and I got put under so many damn times because of that, I guess I just never realized it was supposed to be a scary thing.

It's not really a scary thing. I'm pretty sure it's like 99.9% safe. I just have a bit of a fear of it. Irrational, I suppose.

I'm also really fucking scared of snakes.

That sucks. I know what you mean when you say you have a bit of a fear of general anesthesia, too. I've never been very comfortable with that idea.

What a little tidbit of information that won't help with your fear one bit? Nobody has any idea how general anesthesia even works

I fucking love getting general anaesthetics. I always try and fight them, but you can never win. It's like having the best sleep ever. Love them.

I've had just about everything done to my jaw/teeth that you can have. My teeth were super fucked up. They were disjointed, I had a huge overbite. It started with surgery to widen the roof of my mouth. They put a metal plate in there, and every day I had to turn this little key, to gradually widen the roof of my mouth over the course of a month. I had four wisdom teeth out in the same surgery - not sure why people complain about getting wisdom teeth out, I have a very low pain threshold and it was more uncomfortable than it was painful. I also had a tooth growing in the gum above my two front teeth that had to be removed.

I had two teeth extracted under a local anaesthetic, which sucked. I had braces for about five years, rubber bands that I had to keep on the braces whenever I wasn't eating. I had major jaw surgery, where they broke both my jaws and realigned them because only two of my teeth were matching up. I still wear plates at night. They look just about perfect these days, which is unfathomable to me considering how fucked up they were. The whole process took about six or seven years and I'm still seeing orthodontists and maxillofacial surgeons every six months or so.

Back
Top Bottom