Random Music Thread XXXIV: Shouter cares more than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is funny that someone brought IT'S OFFICIAL # into the cock argument. The OP that was annoyed by the cock references (that I find funny for some stupid reason) was part of a healthy IO posting group that could easily be found as annoying by other Interferencers. Ironic.

As I am. Every once in a while, I am reminded of a "super fan" of Dr. Pepper that posts here.

We've all been there. Maybe.

And by the way - Captain Toobing is brilliant.

Same goes for his "Strawberry Swing" cover/sample/revamp/whatever the hell it is.

Grounded is now my favourite Pavement song.

I don't like Range Life at all.

The start of Date w/IKEA reminds me of More Than a Feeling every time.

I have had some wonderful news today. After five (5) (!!!!!!!!!!) fucking years of braces, they are coming off on July 20 (annoying, cos my 21st is two days earlier). MY BRACES ARE COMING OFF. In three weeks I'll be able to eat food and not still be eating it hours later. I better look like an absolute hot piece of ass though. Seriously I was 16 when I got these things on. You can't understand how happy this makes me. Now I just have to decide whether to keep it a secret from everyone, family included, or go by my first instinct and tell everyone through an all-caps status update.

Since everyone else commented on shuttlecock I will too. None of the badminton-related renames have ever elicited anything more than one of those exhale-out-your-nose type laughs from me. But then again I reckon I've probably only ever laughed out loud two or three times on this forum since I joined. Some of them annoy me because they're hard to figure out but I mostly just ignore/go along with it and it doesn't really bother me. I have found quite a few of the album & song renames in the Lance's Mum thread funny though. Ass Bunion always made me chuckle.

I know every word to Gangsta's Paraside.

My fucking braces are coming off.

As someone who had to have braces twice, I can relate. Congratulations.

My teeth have slowly gotten crooked again despite having worn that fucking retainer every night since I got them off. They're still pretty straight and much better than they would have been, but for that money, it's the principle of the thing. I hate my orthodontist.

I'm excited because now I can punch Cobbler in the mouth and not have to worry about hurting myself.

I'm listening to songs with "June" in the title tonight. I seriously listen to songs with the month in the title a lot. Not sure why. I'm crazy.

Congrats, Cobbler, on the braces being a thing of the past. I remember mild euphoria when I got rid of my braces.

I've often thought that orthodontics hasn't progressed in one-hundred years. I simply cannot believe that there is no more effective means of straightening teeth than pulling them back with metal and rubber over the course of several years. When I had them, the breakthrough of the day was colored rubber bands. You can imagine how much relief that brought.

I miss Jurassic 5. Their debut EP and Quality Control were both fantastic. Some good tracks on Power in Numbers as well.

Thanks people. They aren't perfect but the orthodontist said "they're about as good as they'll get", so I reckon they might move a bit when I get them off. How long did you have retainer on for Dan?

June Hymn.

I haven't given you a reason to punch me in the mouth today. :madspit:

I have awful teeth and will probably be one of those creepy men with braces at 30. I have some wisdom teeth that need out, so maybe I'll just fix the whole mess if the pain gets bad.

u2popmofo said:
I miss Jurassic 5. Their debut EP and Quality Control were both fantastic. Some good tracks on the second album as well.

:up: Yeah, I like Quality Control a great deal. I found that album to be a lot of fun, which is rare for underground hip-hop, I feel.

Thanks people. They aren't perfect but the orthodontist said "they're about as good as they'll get", so I reckon they might move a bit when I get them off. How long did you have retainer on for Dan?

June Hymn.

I haven't given you a reason to punch me in the mouth today. :madspit:
For life. I still wear it every night. When I don't I can feel that my teeth have moved the next day.

That's the top retainer, which is removable. My bottom retainer is cemented across the front six teeth there.

My teeth were seriously fucked. Like I had an overbite of almost a centimetre, and massive buck teeth, and they were just all over the shop. I've had surgery twice, once to take out four wisdom teeth and one tooth that was growing in the gum above my two front teeth and also to splice the roof of my mouth to fit a winding device in there to broaden the roof of my mouth, as it was too narrow. So I had to do that once a day. Then I had surgery in August last year to break both jaws and move them into a place where the teeth could align.

I might tell my parents... but maybe I'll keep it quiet from friends. Just casually walk into a mate's joint one night, sit down, crack a beer, chill until they notice.

YouTube - Frank Ocean | Nature Feels

So much better than MGMT's version.

I would like that more if it was just sampled/interpreted, as opposed to using it entirely.

I have awful teeth and will probably be one of those creepy men with braces at 30. I have some wisdom teeth that need out, so maybe I'll just fix the whole mess if the pain gets bad.
Older people tend to get those Invisalign ones that are like a clear mouthguard to avoid that social stigma. I imagine I'll probably end up trying those down the road, if there's anything that can be done with my teeth. This honestly might be the best they can do. My original tooth alignment had my canines growing in sideways above my front teeth, and one of my molars grew in dead and had to be removed and replaced with a fake. I don't have the best history.

Strawberry Swing one is pretty good too.

For life. I still wear it every night. When I don't I can feel that my teeth have moved the next day.

That's the top retainer, which is removable. My bottom retainer is cemented across the front six teeth there.

Hmm... that has put a bit of a dampener on my spirits. :lol: Wonder if I'll have the same thing.

So this is fucking incredible:

YouTube - ‪Big Boi performs Shutterbug live at Glastonbury 2011‬‏

Full band, which immediately makes it a million times better than 95% of other live hip-hop. One of the trumpeters looks a bit like Bernie Mac. That there are trumpets makes me think, "well, maybe, Big Boi will bust out his verse of SpottieOttie..." among other tunes. I am beyond excited for this gig (Sept 2) and you will all just have to put up with a frequently increasing number of posts in the lead up to the gig, and then a manic review the second I get home.

I'm avoiding setlists, but I suspect there's a very good chance he'll play ATLiens, which could conceivably kill me.

Peef, I know the Phils have the best record in the AL or the NL right now, but they're playing the Red Sox tomorrow and I just have to say "neener neener boo boo. :tongue:"

/baseball

cobl04 said:
:lol: yes I am sure you all are. Does that bother anyone? Cos I really find it hard to shut up :reject:

You guys have pretty decent taste: The National, LCD Soundsystem, Outkast, Radiohead, REM and U2 all get run into the ground here, and I think it's great. We're generally of the same mind there.

Peef, I know the Phils have the best record in the AL or the NL right now, but they're playing the Red Sox tomorrow and I just have to say "neener neener boo boo. :tongue:"

/baseball
The Red Sox will most likely take two of three in this series due to the fact that the Phillies cannot hit good pitching.

This needs to be emphasized. I'm more intimidated by the guy driving a stagecoach who may moonlight as Detlef Schrempf and/or Ron Swanson than I am by the guy floating by on a tire whose biggest claim to fame is getting props from Pete Campbell.

pete-campbell.jpg

Translation: Little Lord Piss is scared of Impy. Captain Toobing (Laz), not so much.

MY DAD STORMED THE BEACH AT NORMANDY!!

gfy

I have a bigger claim to fame than Pete Campbell, I think GAF and Impy know what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom