Random Music Thread XXXIII: Laz Goes Tubing, Gets Run Over By Tugboat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same here. There's a head blocking me in Denver, and a gaping hole on the rail in Seattle where I was sitting down during the fan cam. When I stood up I thought the fan cam was just headed my way so I prettied my hair and smiled real big and tried not to blink or look stupid, deciding to participate for a change instead of dodging the camera as I always do at U2 gatherings. But I was too late apparently.

Yeah, I just thought you ducked out of sight! :lol:

What do you guys think of the smelly and seminal jam band Phish?

Billy Breathes is a good record, and I've always liked Tweezer. I also like those cover shows they do on Halloween. Otherwise, their songs seem kind of boring. Definitely one of those bands I'll only listen to live stuff by.

Most of the people I knew in high school that listened to Phish are no longer alive. Damn opiates.

U2inUtah said:
Yes. A Fall US Tour supporting a new album "Tomorrows World", also out in Fall 2011. They will be in SLC on Sept 28, and it looks like Chicago on Sept 16 & 17, and Indianapolis on Sept 20.

Erasure (Andy Bell & Vince Clarke) - Live Dates 2011

I liked Erasure growing up, so I'm somewhat excited to go. I'm expecting the show to be quite 'flamboyant'. :D

:hyper:. What a great birthday present tickets to this concert from my husband will be. I know how much he loves watching Andy Bell dance.

As I recall, the cover from Bell's last album was like a Windows 95 wallpaper or something. If this is anything to go by, we've got some great retro beats coming our way.

Also, the first half of The Innocents is awesome.

Ha, Danny Boy. Well spotted. I'm 0 for 2 with the fan cams. I'll have someone in GA text me in Minneapolis when the cam starts filming, so I can try and make myself visible.

Just make sure that when the cameraman goes on stage that you're always looking in his direction. That's what I did: I was getting texts, I had to scratch my leg, people were trying to talk to me. But for the few minutes he was up there I just looked right at him and smiled.

BoMac, does that mean there is photographic evidence of you floating around the interwebz? :ohmy:

BoMac, are you going to Moncton? I'm about 91% sure I'm going to Moncton. I may have lost my fool mind.

Also, I know exactly one Phish song, "Crowd Control." It is nice.

I will be in Moncton, yes.

Are you turning into NSW? Flying to Anaheim, Dublin, Moncton. That's certifiable douchebag behaviour.

I understand the allure of the final tour show but, in all honesty, I would go to Montreal. Easier to get to and, in my opinion, those two shows will be the best of the tour because of the crowd alone. Now there's something I've never said in this thread before. :wink:

I've apparently just completely lost all sense this summer.

It feels good. :)

No, I just had the inkling that I really would love to be at the final show of this behemoth of a tour. Plus, ARCADE FUCKING FIRE.

I've apparently just completely lost all sense this summer.

It feels good. :)

No, I just had the inkling that I really would love to be at the final show of this behemoth of a tour. Plus, ARCADE FUCKING FIRE.

Cool. I'm hedging on whether to line up or go to the Arcade Fire show in Halifax two days before.

And if you do go, give yourself enough time to explore. That's arguably one of the most beautiful regions of Canada, second only to Lower Mainland B.C. In my revered opinion, of course.

Unfortunately, it will be a whirlwind, due to only having two extra days of vacation to use (the rest is for Ireland).

But believe it or not, I'm actually really looking forward to the 8-hour drive from Boston (or wherever I fly into over there - Boston seems to be the most reasonable, flight-wise). I've hardly spent any time at all in that part of the country, and I love a good jaunt through a state where I've never been, even if it's through car windows.

Unfortunately, it will be a whirlwind, due to only having two extra days of vacation to use (the rest is for Ireland).

But believe it or not, I'm actually really looking forward to the 8-hour drive from Boston (or wherever I fly into over there - Boston seems to be the most reasonable, flight-wise). I've hardly spent any time at all in that part of the country, and I love a good jaunt through a state where I've never been, even if it's through car windows.

I seriously thought about it but thought people were trying to unload tickets because they're having trouble finding places to stay. Have you worked all that out?

I seriously thought about it but thought people were trying to unload tickets because they're having trouble finding places to stay. Have you worked all that out?

I have the offer of a camping pass along with the GA ticket from a friend who has an extra of each. Right now I am planning on camping out in the backseat of my car with the other campers in that area, unless I have the offer of a hotel room floor upon which to crash.

I originally was trying to coordinate sharing a rental car with others, but most people I talked to already have lodging elsewhere, and were unsure as to available space, and I don't want to deal with the uncertainty.

Honestly, the idea of going solo and not trying to coordinate driving with others alleviates some of the stress/anxiety about concert logistics, and that's been giving me some issues this summer. The extra money will be worth it.

Honestly, the idea of going solo and not trying to coordinate driving with others alleviates some of the stress/anxiety about concert logistics, and that's been giving me some issues this summer. The extra money will be worth it.

I completely agree. But then again, I am quite comfortable with my anti-social tendencies. :D

I'll have to give this some more thought. It's around my birthday so I'm lookin' for adventure (and whatever comes my way).

zoney invited me to drive with them from the place they're flying into and staying in to the concert - about 2 to 3 hours. But the price of the flight into that city was ridiculous, not to mention the 16 hour layovers on all the flights going there from Seattle.

PASS.

Like I said a few days ago, I'd definitely consider switching from Chicago to Moncton if it weren't for McCartney.

Why haven't I spent every minute of my 20 years listening to Live Rust by Neil Young? The setlist is incredible, basically a greatest hits, but loaded with more obscure tracks too, and it's paced brilliantly. Then you've got the performances, which are thundering, aggressive and almost always equal or higher in quality than the studio versions. Plus, the banter is great...I think at one point, Neil tries to use the crowd's telekinetic genergy to stop the rain. He spends the rest of the show ranting about how much he loves the guitar. I pity all albums I hear from this point; it's just not fair.

So yeah, best live album I've ever heard, barring deluxe Live At Leeds, which gets bonus points for completely supplanting studio Tommy.

Phish wise, I used to absolutely love "Farmhouse". Haven't heard that song in ages though. I don't really know any other songs.

If everyone decides to go somewhere for a U2 show later this year, please let me know. I like blowing tons of money last minute.

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

Yay! :)

I failed at meeting BoMac in Vancouver in 2009, so let's see if I can get it right this time.

Again, I've never met any of y'all, and after having to skip Anaheim I'm hoping to rectify that in Montreal and Moncton.

Losing Anaheim is making me seriously consider a second jaunt to East Rutherford.

Phish wise, I used to absolutely love "Farmhouse". Haven't heard that song in ages though. I don't really know any other songs.

If everyone decides to go somewhere for a U2 show later this year, please let me know. I like blowing tons of money last minute.

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

I don't understand. Are you offering to pay for our tickets if so?

Back
Top Bottom