Random Music Talk LXXXI: Now with special V.I.P.-level option ($450)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I don't know about you guys but I would have been totally ok with She & Him not going past Volume 1.

I haven't heard the first one, but I love the second one. So hey, there's something new! We disagree!

My wife is going to their concert here in July and is wondering whether to buy the new one or not. I'm somewhat discouraging her, given that there's so many good albums to buy this month.

Speaking of new albums, I'm late to the party, but Rhye is phenomenal. I have to admit I didn't realize that the singer was a guy until I read about them online. Great voice, though.

Yeah, I was really surprised. Suddently the album title made more sense.

Man I don't know about you guys but I would have been totally ok with She & Him not going past Volume 1.

Yeah, they kinda suck, but New Girl doesn't. I need to catch up with that show. Taylor is gonna be on the season finale, apparently.

Cori, do you still watch New Girl?

Looks like somebody stole Laz's cranky pants.

I was making one of my old-timey "I hate Wilco" jokes. I don't mind them anywhere near as much as I used to. I actually was going to go see them with Dylan and MMJ until The National show was announced today.

You guys blew my mind with that Rhye thing. I've only heard a couple songs, but never would have guessed that in a million bazillion years.

The lead singer is Keyser Söze!

dfzabbQ.jpg

Yeah, I think I'm gonna hit up one of those Dylan/Wilco/MMJ shows. That's too good to pass up.

Being There, Summerteeth, and YHF are three special records, and three personal favorites. Don't really love anything else they've released, though.

Look out for next week's episode. The writers have gotten very fearless with the plot line.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

It's okay. Just a fat dude with bad hair after all. I blame Springsteen.

Now now...

I was quoting FROM MEMORY cobbler's Wilco review.

Oh, and hey guys, apparently we don't have to do any weird tricks to use caps anymore.

I feel like a bit of an idiot asking this. I feel like it's something I should just know. But what the fuck is that instrument on Wilco's "I'm Always In Love"? That thing running through, making that high-pitched tone? It's one of the song's big hooks. Is it just a form of keyboard or synth set to a cool tone?

I feel like a bit of an idiot asking this. I feel like it's something I should just know. But what the fuck is that instrument on Wilco's "I'm Always In Love"? That thing running through, making that high-pitched tone? It's one of the song's big hooks. Is it just a form of keyboard or synth set to a cool tone?

It's mixed pretty low here, but at 0:25 you can see it's a keyboard:

Wilco, I'm Always In Love, live on Later With Jools Holland - YouTube

Rad tone for sure.

Weird, I typed FROM MEMORY without tricks. How?

And also the other day I typed FUCK CONDOS.

How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom