Random Music Talk LXXV: Party at Pappy's Snatch Palace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

You haven't missed much. I's just one of those things.

I always think it's hilarious when African football players come here and complain about the weather, even when it's still +5 or something.

We get that from say October until March. And lots of rain as well.

Not complaining though. :wink:

It's -20 here with the windchill (Not sure what that is in arbitrary numbers talk). I hate the winter.

It's been brutal here for weeks. Because we're in a valley between mountains, we get inversion when there are really low temperatures as well, so it's both freezing and hideously smoggy outside.

I heard Foxygen's San Francisco on the radio today.

I have had my fair share of Winters in my life, and I really do not miss it when I'm back here in CA. I love the Fall to death but Winter fucking blows....it has its pretty moments, and there are times when you're outside and the city seems like its been abandoned and is all yours....but then you have to fucking shovel your car out or you fall like a fucking moron on some ice or you accidentally eat yellow colored snow or whatnot.

Whoever recommended The Jezabels, thank you...been listening to them the last hour or two and am really digging them. Upon hearing one song I thought it might be too bombastic for me but no, it's good stuff.

Snow Cone NSW?

yeti.jpg

I can handle low temperatures, but low temperatures with a strong wind are too much. And that was the situation today. Fortunately, my class was moved indoors today due to the temperatures. Still, I had to walk a couple miles to get there, so that wasn't as fortunate. There's no chance of getting a bus on a day like this if you want to get anywhere on time since everyone who needs to go somewhere is on a bus.

This is probably the coldest day I can remember up here. And the forecast for the rest of the week will move to mid-teens Fahrenheit, so I might have to break out the sunscreen.

Did anyone else here get chased by a NYC bus driver for throwing snowballs at his bus when he for whatever reason had that small driver side triangular window open, and had the snowball (which might have been more ice than snow) hit him flush? I mean, dude literally stopped his bus filled with Bronxites and chased me and my friends up the main avenue in my neighborhood. I wound up hiding in our small library. Good times.

Not a NYC bus, but did have a bus driver stop the bus once and we ran off...don't think he actually got out and gave chase, but we weren't sticking around to be sure.

I think the most trouble I've been in on public transportation was when my friends and I got booted off a SEPTA train for drinking. But we've got like a 95 percent success rate of getting away with that, so it's not of much concern.

I was sitting near the front of a Seattle bus and had a mini glass shower when some shithead threw a rock through the windshield*.

... that's all I've got.

*no, it was not a brick, so stop singing that song RIGHT NOW.

I really liked "Fallin" when it first came out.

She hasn't done much for me since, though. She's ok, I guess.

Did anyone else here get chased by a NYC bus driver for throwing snowballs at his bus when he for whatever reason had that small driver side triangular window open, and had the snowball (which might have been more ice than snow) hit him flush? I mean, dude literally stopped his bus filled with Bronxites and chased me and my friends up the main avenue in my neighborhood. I wound up hiding in our small library. Good times.

Not a NYC bus, but did have a bus driver stop the bus once and we ran off...don't think he actually got out and gave chase, but we weren't sticking around to be sure.

I think the most trouble I've been in on public transportation was when my friends and I got booted off a SEPTA train for drinking. But we've got like a 95 percent success rate of getting away with that, so it's not of much concern.

I was sitting near the front of a Seattle bus and had a mini glass shower when some shithead threw a rock through the windshield*.

And then there's this guy:
Man defecating between subway cars tumbles to his death - NY Daily News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom