Pink Floyd Best Song Survivor: Meddle - Final

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song!

• One of These Days

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Echoes

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
Fearless was intimidated when told it would be cut into little pieces.

Voting
Fearless - 11
One of These Days - 7
Echoes - 2
Total votes - 20

Songs eliminated so far
39. A Pillow of Winds
38. San Tropez
37. Seamus
36. Fat Old Sun
35. If
34. Atom Heart Mother Suite
33. Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
32. The Narrow Way
31. Grantchester Meadows
30. Sysyphus
29. The Grand Vizier's Garden Party
28. Green is the Colour
27. The Nile Song
26. Ibiza Bar
25. Cirrus Minor
24. Crying Song
=22. Main Theme
=22. Dramatic Theme
21. Up the Khyber
=18. More Blues
=18. A Spanish Piece
=18. Quicksilver
17. Party Sequence
16. Let There Be More Light
15. Jugband Blues
14. Remember a Day
13. A Saucerful of Secrets
12. Corporal Clegg
11. See-Saw
10. Astronomy Domine
9. Interstellar Overdrive
8. Flaming
7. Matilda Mother
=2. Take up Thy Stethoscope and Walk
=2. The Gnome
=2. Chapter 24
=2. The Scarecrow
=2. Bike
1. Pow R. Toc H.

Finalists
Piper at the Gates of Dawn: Lucifer Sam
A Saucerful of Secrets: Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
More: Cymbaline
Ummagumma: Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict
Atom Heart Mother: Summer '68

Sensible voting last round people, great stuff :up:

So far this has panned out just as I'd hoped. One of These Days now. Terrific song, I just can't go past Echoes.

As important as "Echoes" is to both Floyd's development and legacy, I have to endorse "One of These Days" as the winner. Both are great, great songs, but OoTD has a maniacal energy about it that is seldom found in any band's catalogue.

cdisantis83 said:
As important as "Echoes" is to both Floyd's development and legacy, I have to endorse "One of These Days" as the winner. Both are great, great songs, but OoTD has a maniacal energy about it that is seldom found in any band's catalogue.

:up::up::up:

Echoes is a piece of work for sure, but I can only listen to it when I'm in the mood, you know?

23 minutes worth of depression.

Two completey irrevelant questions, sorry. 1. Did Raving and Drooling turn into Pigs or Sheep? and 2. Who sings the first and third verses to Time? :reject: It's Dave right?

1. It became Sheep.
2. Rick sings the parts that begin "tired of lying in the sunshine" and "every day is getting shorter"- and, I might add, does so quite ably. Dave sings the rest.

I'm sure Roger will be okay, The Wall and The Final Cut are nearly his solo records.

cdisantis83 said:
1. It became Sheep.
2. Rick sings the parts that begin "tired of lying in the sunshine" and "every day is getting shorter"- and, I might add, does so quite ably. Dave sings the rest.

Cheers, I thought so. Rick's voice is so awesome. Echoes, Time, Us and Them...

cdisantis83 said:

Absolutely true. Couldn't have said it better myself. :up:

I could live with either song here, both killers from my early days. But Echoes was more likely than the flip side to be listened to when we were in Floyd mode, so I gotta vote for OOTD. And Echoes is loaded with so many things that I love about PF, for me it's right up there with my favorite PF songs.

But One of These Days is almost as good. I guess there are gonna be more tough votes like this one coming up. Can't go wrong either way :huh:

Think I'll go look at my Meddle lp now (gatefold) :drool:

cdisantis83 said:

:yes:

OOTD

I do love both. Never forget a few years ago at a local metal club and they stuck on OOTD on the stereo - fantastic, everyone was on the dancefloor for it!

However, Echoes for me is just simply superb :up:

Echoes is the finest song on Meddle, the best Pink Floyd song ever and one of the true masterpieces of prog-rock.

One of These Days rocks, but I have to vote it out.

One of these days I'm going to cut all of you non-Echoes voters into little pieces. :mad:

COBL_04 said:
Sensible voting last round people, great stuff :up:

:madspit: Fearless should have won this whole album.

But if I've got to choose between these two, Echoes is far and away the better track.

I've voting for Echoes merely to keep this poll more even.

I really can't choose just one of these songs, especially since neither of them are the best on the album.

And I really don't give a damn about disrespecting Waters by preferring an instrumental. I don't really like that guy much.

Lancemc said:
I don't really like that guy much.

Why? The man's a genius. If it weren't for Roger Waters' songwriting and creative drive, Pink Floyd would have been a very interesting psychedelic band that just would have faded away the moment Syd went over the edge.

I voted for One Of These Days. It's a brilliant song and I love it, but there's just something else about Echoes. It is lyrically and musically perfect. I never get tired of it. It has some of my favourite musical moments in the whole Floyd catalogue. There's the "ping" of course. Then Dave's delayed guitar bit that would give Edge a run for his money. Not to mention that little bass and drums section. That bit sounds so fucking amazing on headphones. Even better on Live at Pompeii.

"Strangers passing in the street
By chance two separate glances meet
And I am you, and what I see is me"

:love:

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
I've voting for Echoes merely to keep this poll more even.

That's a pretty dumb reason to vote for a song. Or anything, for that matter.

Fudge the poll 'cause you can't decide? You know you don't have to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom