Official Cricket Thread Part 99.94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
India's performance in the fifth Test is actually an affront to the great game of Test cricket. Bowled out for 94. They literally gave up. Pathetic isn't anywhere near strong enough a word.

Spoilered, because, well, you'll see...
BvTwT7jIEAAIdD3.jpg

Was a good read that, although I'm biased in that I like JB. Have loved 9's coverage for a long time but it is a very worrying thought, what will become of it.

Aussies rolled for 200 by Zimbabwe lel

Channel 9 has discovered that people without wangs also play and enjoy cricket?

I think hell just froze over. Wow.

Tasmania managed 398 runs, with a loss of only a single wicket (and after 277). Dunk scored 229.

Ridiculous performance.

Holy shit, that's insane!

I haven't been following the domestic ODI, so why was a game between Queensland and Tassie played in Sydney?

And fuck me what's going on with West Indies cricket?!

Friggin' North Sydney Oval that's why ...

They've been playing matches either at the Gabba, NS or Blacktown. Final's at the SCG I think.

How does that make any sense in a national competition?

Why, for example, would WA and SA agree to play each other in Sydney - where, presumably, only two men and their dog are interested - rather than facing each other in either Adelaide or Perth in front of a crowd of a few thousand?

Because domestic One-Dayers have been completely shafted in favour of the BIG Ba$h. It all seems like a thoroughly pointless exercise now. Get the 50-over matches out of the way before the "real" cricket starts. Still a need for a 50-over competition to feed players into the national side, but try and save costs by minimising the travel schedule by playing all matches in front of no one at wee grounds in QLD and NSW

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

It's a complete farce. It's the second year in a row they have compromised the ODD season. In some aspects I quite like it - I love that the games are all packed in and on GEM, meaning I've got some good cricket to watch nearly every day, but the overall execution is poor. Inte sums it up pretty well. Games like today's should not fucking happen. There should not be state games being played at North Sydney Oval. It's a postage stamp, and it inflates team and individual batsmen's scores, as well as serving as nothing but a massive fuck-you to the bowlers. Peter George took 1-101 today. Andrew Fekete 1-91 off nine. Ludicrous.

I'm devastated with what's happening with the West Indies. I would love nothing more than for them to strong.

It's a really nice looking oval, even despite its size. But they may as well put a ball machine instead of a bowler, it won't make any difference.

It's a complete farce. It's the second year in a row they have compromised the ODD season. In some aspects I quite like it - I love that the games are all packed in and on GEM, meaning I've got some good cricket to watch nearly every day, but the overall execution is poor. Inte sums it up pretty well. Games like today's should not fucking happen. There should not be state games being played at North Sydney Oval. It's a postage stamp, and it inflates team and individual batsmen's scores, as well as serving as nothing but a massive fuck-you to the bowlers. Peter George took 1-101 today. Andrew Fekete 1-91 off nine. Ludicrous.

I'm devastated with what's happening with the West Indies. I would love nothing more than for them to strong.

They should use Manuka. 45 minute flight from Sydney, same dimensions as the MCG.

Agree re West Indies. The fall from grace continues apace.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

By all reports their board is fucked. Just pay them properly.

Agreed. I just wonder what is going on at the grass roots level. The talent isn't there anymore. Suiliman Benn in any other era would be a 150km/h plus monster of a fast bowler. His finger spin is a joke.

Mitch Marsh is gonna make his test debut on the back of SFA.

Yeah - I still want him to do well to keep Watson out, but he doesn't deserve it. When you look at guys like Hodge, Law, Love etc that did their time in the glory days to not have a full career, it's painful watching kids get picked on talent without earning it.

Fantastic innings by Ronchi. Took NZ from 156-9 to 230. Shame he fell short of what would've been a well-deserved century by just 1 run.

It'll still be hard to keep SA from chasing this down, but at least he's made a match out of it.

Back
Top Bottom