Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frankly, apart from Hussey and a couple of newer players I don't know much about, I have a hard time thinking of anybody on the Aussie cricket team who doesn't shit me off. Far cry from when they had some of my favourite cricketers earlier last decade.

Some may argue it's better not to date trashy whores and avoid the problem in the first place.

agreed, but general wisdom was that she wasnt a trashy whore. We live and learn, and as een says, everyone says clarke is a great guy. has bucketloads a talent, and that innings after the whole dealy was amazing

seems like good sense to me.

apparently it's hard to give him shit about it because apparently he's a really decent guy. maybe the day ponting takes one too many to the helmet retires the australian team may become more likable.

awesome day.

hopefully the top order can make a fist of it and Vettori doesn't have to save the side when they're 4/50.

McIntosh had no idea against Bollinger.

What a century by Taylor.

What a bowling performance by Vettori. Hope he can repeat it tomorrow. (Same goes for Southee.)

God, New Zealand, please don't blow it.

i love arguing with the indians on cricinfo's facebook pages.

they're all idiots who think IPL is greatest thing ever, even topping sliced bread, they think Tendulkar is the best player to have ever played the game, and are blind to the fact that their country is #1 in tests.

But Tendulkar IS one of the best players to ever play the game. Seriously, he's a legend.

Well that's a different story. It's not easy to compare. But in this era, Tendulkar is arguably the best, in the past 20 years. Maybe neck and neck with Brian Lara.

Well that's a different story. It's not easy to compare. But in this era, Tendulkar is arguably the best, in the past 20 years. Maybe neck and neck with Brian Lara.

Sorry, but Lara is better than Tendulkar. Tendulkar is amazing, no doubt, but He has played 60% of his tests on the subcontinent on batting paradises. Lara made runs everywhere, including 2 x 200's in australia against amazing bowling attacks (not to mention being the only player to ever score 400). Lara easily number 1 batsmen of the modern era for me. Steve Waugh takes out most valuable cricketer though, given his bowling skill (nearly 300 international wickets) and the fact that he is the best captain in test history.

ahhh kids.

There were many games in the mid-late 80s and early 90s where he bowled first change regularly taking wickets, and even took the new ball after 80 overs when he was bowling well. He could hit about 140km in his youth, and bowled a mean bouncer. See if you can find youtube footage of him bouncing out viv richards (knocked his cap off once too)

Sorry, but Lara is better than Tendulkar. Tendulkar is amazing, no doubt, but He has played 60% of his tests on the subcontinent on batting paradises. Lara made runs everywhere, including 2 x 200's in australia against amazing bowling attacks (not to mention being the only player to ever score 400). Lara easily number 1 batsmen of the modern era for me. Steve Waugh takes out most valuable cricketer though, given his bowling skill (nearly 300 international wickets) and the fact that he is the best captain in test history.

some big calls there, but good stuff. :up:

i saw "Steve Waugh" and "most valuable cricketer" and was going to start ranting about Sobers, but then i saw "modern era".

best captain in test history? i'd like to hear more from you.

Back
Top Bottom