NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ok, so maybe I can root for the Lions - for at least one week. Heh. At least we know they won't go winless this year. :wink:

The Lions shouldn't be that bad this year. Going .500 is definitely plausible in that division, and might even be good enough for the playoffs in the NFC.

DaveC said:
Then they play the Eagles. I wouldn't recommend watching the bloodbath that will surely ensue.

If the Iggles lose to the Lions it could get really ugly...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and hey, who knew that jet fans were such douchebags

:lol:

*raises hand

Don't discount the Vikings so quickly. Yes, their offnese lacks, but their defense makes up for it.

CTU2fan said:

If the Iggles lose to the Lions it could get really ugly...

If that happens then I am staying the HELL away from this thread for a little while afterwards...

But I'm not worried. We are talking about the Detroit Lions, after all. :wink:

I don't recall anybody saying that the Green Bay-Philly game was going to be an outright blowout. I certainly didn't think so.

I bet you expected an outright win at least.

Detroit has much more talent than GB at WR, and a much stronger D-Line than GB.
So Philly fans might want to win at least one game before the parade route gets planned this year.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if the game's in philly, i go eagles. if it's in detroit, i go lions.

detroit does have an offensive genius on staff, after all.

They definitely can win if they're at home. Their biggest problem (ok, one of many) is that they don't know how to win on the road. A winning or hell, even a decent team, knows how to win on the road and at home.

And Dave, don't the Iggles (heh, I like that so I'll use it :wink: ) suck?

Or was that the Phillies?

I was very, very skeptical of the Iggles going into the season. The defense played well yesterday, giving up merely three actual points to GB, which surprised me. But the offensive line sucks, and McNabb can't run around on 25 pass plays a game. The playcalling is the absolute worst too.

1st Down - Short Pass or Incomplete Pass
2nd Down - Run Play for No Yards
3rd Down - Pass Play Short of First Down or Incomplete/Sack

:shrug:

The first time they got in the red zone they had a first and goal from the 6. For some bizarre reason, they ran three consecutive screen passes, and all three were broken up. McNabb was nearly picked off on 3rd down since it was so obvious to the Packers D what was coming.

I was ready to scream for Andy Reid's head on that series.

The NFC East is even more worthless than I could have possibly imagined.

The Eagles may have McNabb, but he's not at 100% yet, and Westbrook is being under-utilized. The defense still looks decent, but if you don't have an offense, you can't win football games; just ask Chicago, who made an incredible defensive stand yesterday for 3 quarters, but still managed to get thumped on the scoreboard.

Dallas has no offensive line, no running game, no secondary, and their defense is so banged-up that they can't even keep the Giants from scoring 35 points.

The Redskins have tons of talent, but have yet to prove that it has cohered properly. They have the best running game in the NFC East right now, and lots of good players on both sides of the ball, but still only managed to beat the Dolphins by three in OT.

The Giants just suck. They probably have the worst defense in football right now. Expect them to win no more than 6 games, regardless of how effective the Eli/Burress partnership may be.

At this point, if any team turns it around and starts playing moderately above average football, they should have a good shot at winning the division.

I think the Eagles will be alright if they get their heads out of their asses over their WRs and take a look at what they got. Which is a slowed-down Donovan, a weak O-line, and Brian Westbrook. They really want everyone to believe McNabb's fine, and that they have adequate WRs.

McNabb is playing like a hobbled QB. It's pretty crazy if you think about it...this is a guy who has had 10 months off, and still isn't ready. If he doesn't get his act together, people are going to be calling for his head. The Eagles' old "don't trust anyone over 30" mantra will take hold, and he'll have to get a job elsewhere, which shouldn't be hard because he still is very talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom