NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i still like rex. I hope i neve have to see captain neckbeard again.

tpsreports2424 said:
Oh come on, I hate Rex to death, but he had a good game, except he lost the ball once (twice??)

Ill be happy if he plays like this all season..

Minus the dropping the ball when it hits his own forearm, right? :D

zoney! said:

Now Giants fans get to enjoy the Pillsbury throwboy!

lorenzen.jpg

LOL! Packer's D is going to crush this guy next week.

WildHoneyAlways said:

My buddy, who is a huuuuuge Charger fan, was at the game yesterday too. He told me last night he wishes he would have sold his ticket to one of the Bears fans out there. Aside from the LT pass for a TD, he said most of the play was totally forgettable. :shrug: Maybe he was just regretting not making a nice buck off his ticket. :wink:

Wow, we had a great time, the game was intense, it was a real struggle. At halftime, I didn't think the Chargers were going to win. But, they turned it around. To me, that is a great game. That, plus the drunk chicks in front of us were hilarous and and kept me and my hubby entertained the whole game, so maybe that had something to do with my enjoyment of the game :lol: Also, we were sitting right next to Michael Turner's family, and they were so much fun and rowdy. All of this, plus a Chargers win made it a great game for me!!

Kinsa said:

Next week is the true test for the Chargers - as much as I truly hate to say it (because of the horrible display of incredibly rude Pats fans at the playoff game I attended, and yes, I know all Pats fans are not like this), I really think it is the Pats championship to lose this year. How can they not win it all with all that talent on that team?? (its almost physically painful for me to type that :lol:)

The Chargers main weakness is wide receivers - basically, we have none that are worth mentioning. Hence the use of LT as a reciever. And if Antnio Gates doesn't start to catch a few more we are in trouble. I don't see how we can beat the Pats with our super weak receiving corp, but, who knows?? I hope you get to watch the game - its going to be a great one, for sure!!

It should be an excellent game. Despite all the weapons the Pats have now, and despite the change of the coaching staff and lack of big time receivers for San Diego, this should still be a close, thrilling game. The Chargers are loaded with talent.

And it's on Sunday night next week, so everyone will be able to see it.

tpsreports2424 said:
Oh come on, I hate Rex to death, but he had a good game, except he lost the ball once (twice??)

Ill be happy if he plays like this all season..

So you're telling me you want your starting qb to throw for a whopping 145 yards with no td's, an interception, and a fumble(not lost)???

I am sorry but not many teams will win games with their quarterback NOT throwing 1 friggin touchdown.

Wildhoneyalways, that's more of what I meant. Both teams played well, but it took a stupid special teams mistake to break the game for San Diego.

Got Philk? said:

Wildhoneyalways, that's more of what I meant. Both teams played well, but it took a stupid special teams mistake to break the game for San Diego.

I have to repectfully disagree with this - of course, the Bears error was a break for the Chargers, but the Chargers just plain old outplayed the Bears in the second half, period. Honestly, the Bears couldn't have been given more of a break than that ridiculous non offsides call when the Chargers were on the one yard line. I thought for sure the Bears would capitalize on that HUGE error, but they couldn't do it.

Point taken. And I'm not going to argue b/c I didn't get to see the game thanks to Detroit vs Oakland. :tsk:

Where did the Bears end up starting their drive after the ridiculous non-offsides call though? There is a big difference in starting 90 yards away vs 30 yards from your end zone however.

And it all falls back on the offense...:(

Crazy finish at the end of the Ravens-Bengals game...

ETA: It said "exciting", but it's all been a result of a completely awful pass interference call that reversed a Baltimore TD, then the next play the same official calls defensive holding to give Baltimore a 1st down at the 5...make up calls disgust me.

But the game's over now...what a catch on the INT! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Got Philk? said:
Point taken. And I'm not going to argue b/c I didn't get to see the game thanks to Detroit vs Oakland. :tsk:

Where did the Bears end up starting their drive after the ridiculous non-offsides call though? There is a big difference in starting 90 yards away vs 30 yards from your end zone however.

And it all falls back on the offense...:(

Oh, they ended up starting 99 yards away, since they took the ball at the Chargers one yard line. My point wasn't that they should have actually scored from this lousy call, more that they were given a huge gift in that the missed call stopped an almost sure touchdown by the Chragers, but they still couldn't capitalize on this.

surprised no one talked bout chad johsons coat :wink:

Got Philk? said:

So you're telling me you want your starting qb to throw for a whopping 145 yards with no td's, an interception, and a fumble(not lost)???

I am sorry but not many teams will win games with their quarterback NOT throwing 1 friggin touchdown.

Hey! i cant come back with a good comment on that but ill get back to you!:wink:

Ridiculous calls in the Ravens game, just horrible. And then Billick gets the do-over and instead of just running it 4 times and punching it in he has Boller throwing...and miracle of miracles Boller makes a good throw, hits Heep between the numbers, and he drops it. Amazing. And that was a fantastic scoop on the INT. Great catch.

And the Bengals :down: There's a team that will never win a damn thing. All their talk, Ocho Cinco spending more time choreographing his celebrations than anything else, this idiotic "who dey" business...imagine a Parcells or Shula or Belichick putting up with that stuff? I wish they'd wait until they win something, anything at all, before they yap...both players & fans.

Last edited:
Just saw Everett's doctor on ESPN...apparently his chances of regaining movement are next to nothing :(

The Mets being good could be part of it too...when the Sox are good I generally don't get fired up for the NFL until after the World Series...though the reloaded Pats definitely have my attention this year.

CTU2fan said:
...imagine a Parcells or Shula or Belichick putting up with that stuff?

I'm sorry...are you talking about the Parcells that put up with TO's crap last year, nevermind Lawrence Taylor?

Or maybe you are talking about the Belichick that allows CHEATING (they have been caught twice now according to the Packers GM) by his staff?

And, by the way (not Big Tubby Whale), the "Who Dey" thing has been around through the Bengals crap years too (unlike a lot of the bandwagon Bengals fans).

this patriots thing is just fucking asinine. it's not cheating... it's good gamesmanship. so what, now they'll just use a guy with binoculars and write down the signals instead?

they're hardly the first team in sport to "steal" the other team's signals. i go scout upcoming basketball oppoents and diagram their plays and try to pick out the names and signals for those plays... that's not cheating, it's being prepared.

Its just using technology to do what a guy with binoculars used to do.
:huh:
Whatever, I'm sure Mangenius believes thats the reason his team got thumped.

I'm sure Mangenius didn't think it was a big deal when he was with the Patriots, either.

It looks so much more glamorous now with the different types of technology used, but you're right, it's no different than using binoculars and taking down notes.

It's not cheating when the Patriots do it...right? :wink:

All of the teams get "tapes" in the NFL of the teams they will be playing. I have reviewed CDs left on airplanes by certain NFL teams we fly...they show the plays (so they can scout like Headache does). The videos do not show coaches calling in plays to the field.

There is prep, and there is cheating. It is like the difference between knowing how another poker player at your table plays, and knowing his actual cards.

And I agree, the video camera is a better technology than binoculars!

Last edited:
zonelistener said:
It's not cheating when the Patriots do it...right? :wink:

All of the teams get "tapes" in the NFL of the teams they will be playing. I have reviewed CDs left on airplanes by certain NFL teams we fly...they show the plays (so they can scout like Headache does). The videos do not show coaches calling in plays to the field.

There is prep, and there is cheating. It is like the difference between knowing how another poker player at your table plays, and knowing his actual cards.

And I agree, the video camera is a better technology than binoculars!

I'd say that what the Patriots did is more akin to knowing a poker player's physical tells than knowing his hole cards. None of the information that the Patriots gained is hidden -- if they really wanted, they could have some practice-squad scrub watching the other team.

If it's really against the NFL rules, then fine, impose some sort of penalty. But it seems really silly to get bent out of shape over it when there's a simple and elegant solution -- change up your signals or have a guy give off decoy signals. High school and college teams do it all the time; I'm pretty sure a pro team can handle it.

Last edited:
espn and the media as a whole needs a juicy story so much that they'll make something out of nothing... thus this patriot story.

you don't think coaches try and pick up on what the other team is doing over the course of the game? come on.. of course they do.

the nfl doesn't want the pats to use video... fine. they're still gonna do it, and i can gaurantee you the jets do it, too. they just didn't think to use a video camera... orrrr they had their video guy set up somewhere else in the stadium, considering it was a home game.

it's just silly... it goes on in every sport, at every level, and is accepted as part of the game. the pats just used modern technology to do something that every other team has been doing forever.

and it has nothing to do with it being the patriots... i'm a giants fan. the pats play the giants this season, in a game that very well could be a make or break game for the giants on wether they make the playoffs or not (best case scenario of course). and i still have no problem whatsoever with them doing this. :shrug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom