New LCD Soundsystem album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If where Martha lives doesn't have enough people for a show, I am super psyched to never see another concert in my life.

:(

I don't think I'm up for dragging my booty up to Vancouver or to the Gorge, so I guess I'm not seeing him.

I saw him open for Arcade Fire a few years ago, and it was fun - would definitely go again, but only if I don't have to schlep so far.

Him? Do you use the same designation for Nine Inch Nails?

lcd soundsystem is one of those bands i've heard handfuls of tracks over the course of a handful of years, enjoyed, but never gotten around to really checking out albums. where should i actually begin?

In my defense, I'm short and was at the back of the floor, and couldn't see the stage well anyway. :grumpy:

Are you just saying that so I'll post a :kiss: for you? Har har har.

Maybe I should start a new IO thread. It's Official: Cori Is Short and Can't See Over Your Tall-Ass Self!

lcd soundsystem is one of those bands i've heard handfuls of tracks over the course of a handful of years, enjoyed, but never gotten around to really checking out albums. where should i actually begin?

Sound of Silver. It's their most acclaimed release, with a couple of really catchy singles. Its first half is really good and consistent.

it's not. i didn't do any googling/allmusicing anything to see what they've got for a discography. i just thought there were more than that, and it was something i'd actually want an opinion on. silly me.

I'm actually not a fan of the debut album, so I would recommend the 2nd one for starters.

Yeah, despite my own preferences, I think for most people it's a better place to start.

I heard Drunk Girls on the radio today. It doesn't work well on the radio.

"Oh hey what's goin... oh, what? You don't like the new LCD tracks? That reminds me, i have something cool back here you should see."

Picture6-6.png

Two listens in, it's probably a more consistent overall greater record than Sound of Silver. And you all know how much I fucking adore Sound of Silver. That said, there isn't any one stand out track just yet that matches All My Friends, but honestly nobody really expected there would be.

:heart: Whatever, this album's fucking glorious.

It leaked already? Who did your mom have to nail to get you a copy?

May has arrived a few weeks early, it seems.

Oh yes. It leaked.

I can change might be the most beautiful bitter-sweet love song I've heard in about half a decade. :heart:

Also, I'll rank songs since I'm a fucker and nobody else except maybe Peef has listened to this yet.

1. I Can Change
2. Dance Yrself Clean
3. One Touch
4. Home
5. All I Want
6. Somebody's Calling Me
7. Pow Pow
8. You Wanted A Hit
9. Drunk Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back