MMA Thread the Third

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Josh didn't seem to disagree
I can't say josh won one round for sure, and I can't fault one judge going 10-8 on one round.

Yeah, I guess it was just the 10-8 that bugged me, but let's be real, he lost in round two, and for some reason Dean just felt like watching the rest of it.

That last punch Duffee threw was terrible. Looked like something out of a bar fight and left him wide open.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I thought, "That was an exciting Frank Mir fight". Good stuff. Co main was great too.

UGH Not DJ. I had a feeling it would be him.

Oh well, John Dodson is a crazy fucker, it should be fun. I just don't really like the Flyweight division.

i thought you said you'd never even seen anyone at flyweight fight?

It's been a long time since I thought, "That was an exciting Frank Mir fight". Good stuff. Co main was great too.

with the exception of the big foot fight (which was mostly just a case of who was going to look worse), when was the last time anyone said anything other than "well, bad things are happening to frank mir right about now."

I brought my ipad into work one night because I was working with the guy who I got hooked on mma, and he wanted to see some fights from before last year when he'd never heard of the sport. And I had to go pretty far back to find examples of why I like watching Frank Mir fight--which also begged the question as to how, as a newer mma fan myself, I came by that opinion in the first place.

yay!!

Last edited:
i thought you said you'd never even seen anyone at flyweight fight?

Welterweight. I haven't enjoyed any flyweight fights I've seen, yet, and I can't stand Benavidez's trunks was what I said, lol. At least the second problem is now solved.

Dodson is a crazy mother fucker, though. And he beat the crap out of Dillashaw when he was a bantamweight. So maybe this will prove interesting. I'll check out their first fight at some point.

They're just like... Awkward, and I am apparently a small child finds this weird. It's not like he's the only one who wears the super tight small trunks, either, but he spends so much time on the ground and squatting and I'm just like, 'this sport is so weird' every time I see him.

Ok :lol: thought it was just the purplish color. Cos that will be gone the next time he fights. I'm just not a huge fan of everyone's shorts being black with a white stripe or white with a black stripe now. Since we're talking about shorts, haha.

I like flyweight, and it always bums me out when people are talking shit on the weight class for whatever reason--and almost everything I've ever read is people talking shit about flyweight.

It seems to be full of the most fighters content to hug for an entire round for one thing, but I haven't seen dj fight yet. I'm not even sure what style he is, but clearly he's very good.

He's incredible. I always love when they show some of his attacks in slow motion and you realize he landed two more strikes than you could see in real time in an exchange.

There are rumors Aldo v McGregor might happen at Cowboy's stadium. Please let that happen!

Style is oh, crazy fast constantly moving, seamless striking and grappling transitions of awesomeness. I quite enjoy watching Mighty Mouse fight.

All the UFC apparel I purchased arrived....except for the jersey.

Douchebagz.

So, mofo, is that UFC game any good?

I'm terrible and took way more tries than I want to admit to win the first fight, even playing as Jon Jones, because I forgot how to defend takedowns.

This Saturday card is off to a good start.

I downloaded the demo last night and got the crap beat out of me for an hour. Most reviews seem to be in agreement that besides the bugs, the real problem of the game is that it has a steep learning curve, being as multifaceted as it is. That makes me think I would find it really rewarding to play if I could get the controls down. But it's back to being $30, so I'll keep an eye out at the video game store, maybe I can find a cheap copy to play around with.

I totally forgot that the fights were on right now.

I won two fights in a row on that game by mostly hitting square over and over. So far I'm undefeated.

I hate when fights happen when I'm sleeping. Or at work. Or can't watch them.

I'm considering driving or flying to the Houston event in October. We'll see what the rest of the card looks like.

Titan FC 34 on Fight Pass has been pretty good.

Tim Elliott is out show-boating Conor McGrerror's style in his title match against Santos,

and he wins 5-0

Last edited:
20150418-IMG_7731.jpg

If anyone watched this, I did not even realize this was the same UFC Tim Elliott

TimElliott_Headshot.png

Last edited:
Ricci was in the UFC as well, he was super hyped on the Ultimate Fighter.

I do recall Elliot getting cut a little while ago. He had that loss to Baguatinov and then got Joe-a-constrictored by Beneviedez (the guillotine where his arms were trapped and he tapped with his feet), maybe he dropped a 3rd in there somewhere. I wish his nickname was the Gremlin, I'm not really sure why, he just sort of reminds me of one. Only other thing I know about Tim Elliot is that before he was in the UFC, he knocked out Jens Pulver in some small promotion in Illinois*, I watched the video of it on YouTube and it made me sad.

Different weight classes obviously, but Pat Healy is fighting for Titan FC now, right?

Edit: :der: he fought on this card, according to The Google.

*google also tells me this was the first RFA show. And that I was right about him having a 3rd loss, dec'd by Makovsky. Now if I could learn to retain useful information instead, maybe I could go do something better for work than this ambulance nonsense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom