MMA Thread the Third

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cobbler tweeted about the Rousey fight. I didn't see him say a word about McGregor. By that logic, DW may be correct.

I agree with you. I was just making a joke about the fact that I saw cobbler, our friggin cobbler, tweet or retweet someone about the Rousey fight.

Wtf is Cecil the lion or do I not want to know.

Making weight for bantamweight means weighting as much as 135 or as little as 125.1
135.1 and you miss weight for being over, if you are not over 125 you miss weight for being under.

Oh... Duh... I completely blanked on that... Yeah, sorry for being really dumb there for a moment.

if Connor gets to fight on the same card as Rousey in Dec she can help him get some more tweets :up:

Last edited:
Random fights I had my converted mma fan co-worker watch included Rousey vs Carmouche, Werdum vs Browne, Nurmy vs RDA, both Silva vs Sonnen fights (because we skipped them when we had Anderson Silva night the last time I brought my ipad and we watched old fights), Demian Maia's triangle on Sonnen, Cormier's ragdolling of Hendo, and "reasons why Pallhares no longer fights in the ufc vol. 1 and 2." And then the main card of 187, just because.

Found a video of Rousey right handing Correira into oblivion.

I find it quite funny this guy keeps mixing up Dan Henderson and Johny Hendricks.

I'm aware. I didn't like that show though, I'm sure as hell not sitting through the movie however many years later.

She was in several movies recently. Hence why she's so popular outside the ring. Her role in Furious 7 was hilarious.

She was in several movies recently. Hence why she's so popular outside the ring. Her role in Furious 7 was hilarious.

I know (well, I don't know about her being hilarious in Fast & Furious 7 because I didn't see it, but I know she's been in a bunch of movies in between stealing the souls of everyone else in the women's bantamweight division), but I also live under s rock where I didn't know Rogan was a comedian or the fear factor guy or anything other than a UFC commentator for a little while. Same thing with music. I'm going to be that weirdo who thinks "person A at work knows who Ronda Rousey is, ergo person A must also know why Aguilar vs Galdhela was one of the more relevant fights on last night's card." Which couldn't be further from the truth, but it's how my brain works. Like when I was at the Warped Tour several years ago watching Rancid play, and was standing next to these kids who were going on about how Matt Freeman is bass playing God, so I turned to them and shared what I thought was cool-as-fuck news about how he was going to be touring with Social Distortion in the fall, and they looked at me like I was crazy talking about nonsense that no one else understood. I get the impression that with Ronda Rousey vs the rest of the UFC roster, that look like like 100 fold, but I still am learning that.

Whatever, Ronda Rousey is awesome.

Glad someone captured this, as I recall thinking "WTF was that?" when it happened.

VelvetyBelatedBellsnake.gif

Better version here:
Gfycat - jiffier gifs through HTML5 Video Conversion. Fast, simple gif hosting without size limits.

Ok I just watched that 4 times and I still don't know wtf it was.

Yeah I don't watch MMA at all, I don't find it remotely enjoyable, but I became aware the fight was on and knew who she was and wanted to tweet something positive about a sportswoman.

GAF is also correct, she is extremely hot.

Ok I just watched that 4 times and I still don't know wtf it was.

A work of art.

I had to watch some of the TUF 21 finale. I don't know if any of you caught that, but the way Usman went into the fight is possibly the strangest thing I've yet seen watching UFC.

But...I think this topped it.

I'm going to be in Memphis for work later this week, briefly considered extending my stay and going to the Nashville event, but it sounds like too much bother looking at the card.

I am a Beneil Dariush fan and wanted him to win.
I wish he would have got a submission instead of a unearned split decision

Boo. Was it at least a good fight?

I really wanted him and Alvey to win. Alvey was losing but was not done and can always knock out the other guy out.

The Beneil fight, not that great.
I thought he lost 3-0. Maybe he won round 3. I guess two judges gave him round 1. I didn't see that.

Back
Top Bottom