MLB 2020- Coronavirus Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been pretty good this year, no? I think that mess on the 7th inning yesterday is more on the team than on him? It was a clusterf*ck of an inning, I'll say that. At one point the Mets had a 499-in-500 winning expectancy.

Yeah, I find them surprisingly ok. The shorter game has more urgency, and puts more emphasis on starting pitchers, which is a nice thing in this era of bullpens.
He's had a decent run of it over the last few weeks after starting out the season as complete dogshit - and remains very shaky in high pressure situations.

Rojas has made some utterly baffling decisions this year. Yesterday alone - he had two pitchers up heading into the 7th with a 5 run lead and went with the one who had already pitched the last two days vs the guy who was fresh.

Then, with the bases loaded, a 5 run lead and 2 outs... he has the damn shift on! I forget who the batter was but he hits a tailor made check swing ground ball to where the second baseman should have been. This was the play where the Mets should have had the third out at third base by Gimenez dropped the ball on the tag. That error never should have happened because it should have been a simple ground ball out if the fielders were playing straight up.

Then, with the bases loaded, a 5 run lead and 2 outs... he has the damn shift on! I forget who the batter was but he hits a tailor made check swing ground ball to where the second baseman should have been. This was the play where the Mets should have had the third out at third base by Gimenez dropped the ball on the tag. That error never should have happened because it should have been a simple ground ball out if the fielders were playing straight up.

That was Voit, and Thairo Estrada made the most stupid baserunning mistake I've seen all year and got away with it.

I get that 5 games in 3 days is really hard for the managers, but this was definitely not a highlight wheel for either Rojas or Boone.

Also very weird that there is a 5-game subway series and neither Cole nor DeGrom get to pitch.

As a Mariners fan, I’d still gladly take back Diaz. I’d even give up a couple prospects that Fangraphs gives a future value of 35.

It feels so nice to be cheering for a good team again. We have the 2nd best run differential in MLB (behind the Dodgers).

**Insert old woman from Titanic "It's been 84 years" gif**

Yeah. I think I’m rooting for the White Sox in the AL and the Padres in the NL this year. Love the White Sox’s rebuild firing on all cylinders right now!

Congrats, Headache.

James Dolan now, please.
tenor.gif

Nelson Doubleday after the Wilpons bought him out in the early 2000s...

“Mr. Jeff Wilpon has decided that he’s going to learn how to run a baseball team and take over at the end of the year,” Doubleday told the Newark Star-Ledger then. “Run for the hills, boys. I think probably all those baseball people will bail.” He went on to call the younger Wilpon “arrogant,” then painted an unflattering picture of seeing him at games. “Jeff sits there by himself like he’s King Tut waiting for his camel,” Doubleday groused. “Hump one. Hump two. They like that, two for the price of one.”

two potential runs of success - mid 2000s and mid 2010s... both ruined by these cheap, meddling fuckers. that you could be in that position in 2015 -with all those arms on cheap contracts in the biggest market in america and simply let guys walk after the season vs. trying to finish the job?

that you built a new stadium for the mets as an ode to... the dodgers? you had to be ridiculed into painting the place blue and adding pictures of old mets? you built a stadium where the deepest part of the ballpark was also the exact same area where your young franchise third basemen hit most of his opposite field home runs, which turned him into a loony at the plate because shots that used to be homers were now dying 10 feet shy of the fence??? don't get me wrong - the place is now one of the best stadiums in all of baseball and light years better than that mausoleum in the bronx - but it took a fan revolt to get what were simple and obvious fixes done.

that tom seaver died before ever seeing a statue erected in his honor? tom fucking seaver???? all you could do in your new stadium to honor the man who's nickname is "the franchise" is name a fucking suite entrance after him????

good fucking riddance.

we now have the richest owner in baseball, and he also happens to be a diehard mets fan.

Last edited:
18 HRs in a 3-game series. Is that good?

Edit: Make it 19.

Last edited:
Despite numerous postponements, the 2020 regular season was completed. 60 is better than 0. The postseason is here and whichever team wins the final game, that will be quite an impressive feat. No home cookin'. No home bed to sleep in. Quarantined until the end. It will take more than just baseball skills to win the 2020 World Series. It will take intestinal fortitude. Naturally, I want the Yankees to win, but I'm scared shitless of the Rays. They could be World Champs. The Dodgers appear to be the team to beat in the NL. But, as the cliche goes, anything can happen in MLB. Especially during this coronavirus shortened season. I'm happy that we at least got a "season" in, but I'm hopeful that fans can return next season. It ain't the same without them. Hopefully, the owners don't give ticketholders some sort of "coronavirus fee", for next season.

Padres/White Sox is my #1 matchup out of the options, just love all the young talent and storylines there, but Marlins/Rays would be surreal and I'm here for it.

That would be a hoot. This is the first time they've been in the postseason at the same time, right?

Well the Marlins have only made it twice and both during Devil Rays tenure, and the Devil Rays were a laughable joke so I would imagine that’s a true statement.

Well the Marlins have only made it twice and both during Devil Rays tenure, and the Devil Rays were a laughable joke so I would imagine that’s a true statement.

Wow, I thought the Marlins were in more than just 2, but, hey, they won the WS both times. Damn it, you've forced me to correct you. Marlins won in '97. D-Rays debuted in '98. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom