MERGED-->RENT: The Movie DISCUSSION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i appreciate the fans

but the big musical

and this film

are not Jonathan Larson's concepts at all

these are not his creations

I am trying hard not to say they are "crap"

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty good-too long, the friend I was with thought so as well. I enjoyed the music and the story made me cry of course. I never saw the play so I have no basis for comparison.

There were these teenagers when I went who kept laughing and "eew" ing at the gay characters :down: just pathetic. Clearly the messages of the play are lost on them.Obviously a small group like that doesn't represent all teenagers, I like to believe most wouldn't behave like that.

MrsSpringsteen said:

There were these teenagers when I went who kept laughing and "eew" ing at the gay characters :down: just pathetic. Clearly the messages of the play are lost on them.Obviously a small group like that doesn't represent all teenagers, I like to believe most wouldn't behave like that.

:angry: I almost lost it at these guys laughing behind me and commenting whenever the gay characters would kiss. Get your ass in a different movie :mad:

FlyYourKite said:

:angry: I almost lost it at these guys laughing behind me and commenting whenever the gay characters would kiss. Get your ass in a different movie :mad:

Damn straight...Besides, there were plenty of other inadvertantly funny moments to laugh at, like Adam driving through the desert in his convertible with his hair blowing in the wind at the beginning of "What You Own." As someone who's met and chatted with him several times, there was something so ridiculously silly about him in that moment that I could barely contain myself in the theater.

Back
Top Bottom