Is it just me....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Nevermind... I dont want to start a battle.
------------------

Say goodbye, Don't Follow
Rest in Peace Layne.

Get on board and have some fun -
Take What you need to turn you on...

[This message has been edited by She ls Raging (edited 05-14-2002).]

Ragin' darl....you need to get something out?

I know you dont want to start a war....anything else you wanna discuss?

How about this rain huh?

I was just saying that people should stop jumping all over each around these parts... look at all the closed threads lately! I mean, I understand people have disagreements etc which are fine - but some of the things I seen around here lately have been down right mean, even cruel. Just try keeping things respectful - things are so hostile around here lately. And I 'm sure some people will have issues with this post as well!!

------------------

Say Goodbye, Don't Follow.

Rest in Peace Layne.

And yes Angie... the rain is unbelievable around here!! Torrential is a better word
biggrin.gif

------------------

Say Goodbye, Don't Follow.

Rest in Peace Layne.

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
I understand people have disagreements etc which are fine - but some of the things I seen around here lately have been down right mean, even cruel. Just try keeping things respectful - things are so hostile around here lately.
And I 'm sure some people will have issues with this post as well!!

Yeah, sometimes I'm scared to respond for I fear that I will have A) my head chopped off B) learn someting new about my mother c) be forever banned from the forum or D)dragged out of my apartment and beaten sensless!! Whatever, I guess it's just the nature of these types of things. It's way to easy to have your comments taken out of context.

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Its also too easy to follow folks around the forums causing BIG trouble! Just ask Zooropa here
wink.gif

kidding matie
biggrin.gif

HEY!!! I was here first!!
*Zooropa leaves and goes off to find the Nirvana Thread...*

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

Or you can become like me... where no one will respond to whatever $@#$@#@ I say around here... hehehe

frown.gif

I was just saying that people should stop jumping all over each around these parts... look at all the closed threads lately!

I was just thinking the same thing last nite...I don't ever remember seeing so many closed threads.

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

I was just saying that people should stop jumping all over each around these parts... look at all the closed threads lately! I mean, I understand people have disagreements etc which are fine - but some of the things I seen around here lately have been down right mean, even cruel. Just try keeping things respectful - things are so hostile around here lately. And I 'm sure some people will have issues with this post as well!!

Yup, even simple little threads that should have been fun and entertaining have turned into name calling and ugliness. And the serious threads have turned into all out war...what's going on around here?

everyone's on the rag, i guess

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

Great threaed She Is Raging!

Great example was Sicy's "Earthquake" thread last night.

Was CK's comment out of line? Yes. Did his comment deserve that much of a harsh reaction? No.

And then to top it off, I try to just share my opinion, and I nondirectly get called "rude" and "disrespectful".

The reason why I took a long break from this place earlier this year is because I really felt like the majority of the people here had sticks up their asses. Well now that I've come back, I've realized that it's even worse.

Like She Is Raging said, people just need to stop jumping all over each other. It's rediculous. I know freedom of speech rights don't apply here and I sort of respect that, but when you're scared to share your own opinion because of the harsh reaction you may get, something is very wrong.

Watch me get flamed now. I pretty much expect it.

[This message has been edited by mikal (edited 05-14-2002).]

Why do you have to bring this up again mikal?

Defend CK all you want but the fact of the matter is is he has been posting like an ass since day one and if you dont believe in respecting the owners and administrators of this board then maybe you should go back to taking your break.

Cuz I've just about had it the last couple days.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

Originally posted by Sicy:
if you dont believe in respecting the owners and administrators of this board then maybe you should go back to taking your break.

That seemed just a little harsh, hence the "told you so" comment. Actually I do believe in respecting the owners and administrators. I never said that I didn't.

But does that mean that I can't disagree with something you and Elvis say or do? Because honestly, that's how I feel.

I'm not trying to start a war with you, Sicy. You and I used to get along great. I'm just trying to work the problems out because, yes, there is a reason why I always come back to this place.

You can disagree with us if you want but we're not going to get along if you keep sticking up for CK.

After all the crap he's posted over the last year and recent things trying to make me mad on purpose he's lucky he's still posting.

edit: double sentence

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 05-14-2002).]

Originally posted by Sicy:
You can disagree with us if you want but we're not going to get along if you keep sticking up for CK.

After all the crap he's posted over the last year and recent things trying to make me mad on purpose he's lucky he's still posting.

edit: double sentence

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 05-14-2002).]

It's not even about CK anymore.

(sighs)

Nevermind.

She is raging - see, nobody has issues with this thread after all!

I agree - just today 3 closed posts in LS (what a mess), and those at the Confessionals lately. Looks like people are edgy these days.
I dunno - it's a cycle and i guess every once in a while clashes are bound to happen - but it's been very ugly this time around.
(IMO both persons were out of line in the "bands" thread and some things are better off not posted regarding CK's comment. Can we leave it at that and not start any new arguments?)
confused.gif

Originally posted by U2girl:
Can we leave it at that and not start any new arguments?

Agreed.

I tried being a peace maker last night too. That really worked, huh, Maja?!
wink.gif

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

Did that make sense?
smile.gif

it doesnt need to. your word goes. its that simple.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

Back
Top Bottom