Interference Random Music Talk: Rick Rubin produces the XX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't offer possible kidnap scenarios to someone who's made of iron, Gafster. That has super human trouble written all over it.

Probably related to my skepticism about all things related toU2 "news" but I am just not all that excited at the moment. I'd like to be, trust me. I guess if things go from quotes to solid release dates, I'll perk up.

I want a few interlanders to record an album produced by Shouter. I'd like to hear a cover of The Pretender's "Message of Love" as done by a band comprised of GAF, PFan, Ashley, Laz, The Deputy and Iron Yuppie.

I have worked with a band or two, in my day. But I have no formal musical education of any kind, and the bands were friends, rather than...co-workers, I guess you'd say? Whatever. Either way, shit rarely worked. The idea of sampling golf balls for a rhythm track to a pop-punk song didn't go over so well. Nor did many of the others. If nothing else, a suburban punk band used to perform (though never recorded) a frantic, hilarious song called "My Bass Player's Gay," which I wrote.

I taught it to the drummer and the guitarist/vocalist, and they later taught the bass player the chord changes. He didn't find out what the song was about until they played it at a gig. Good times. Tellingly, the only "albums" I've ever produced/performed/written/released were comedy shit.

I write music, play guitar and bass, sing, and intend to learn the piano this winter.

I've only played in a full band setting once, and it consisted solely of 90s punk covers. I played the shit out of "My Own Worst Enemy."

And I can't currently play the guitar, so at our hypothetical shouter-produced gigs, I'd pull a Bono and get random crowd people to play it.

I write music, play guitar and bass, sing, and intend to learn the piano this winter.

I've only played in a full band setting once, and it consisted solely of 90s punk covers. I played the shit out of "My Own Worst Enemy."

And I can't currently play the guitar, so at our hypothetical shouter-produced gigs, I'd pull a Bono and get random crowd people to play it.

When you're healed, the band will start to lay some tracks down. Not before.

I can play some piano. My current repertoire is heavy on Radiohead and Elton John, so I'm not sure how easily I could interpret The Pretenders.

The musket is a tremendous negotiating tool.

You read my mind.

I can play some piano. My current repertoire is heavy on Radiohead and Elton John, so I'm not sure how easily I could interpret The Pretenders.

You could play electric tambourine for this particular tune.

I suddenly miss playing shows with my bands. Silly show-hiatus.

Get one of your bands back together and tour with this band.

I had so much fun. I wish I was in a band, even if we just played covers. I've grown very bored of plucking an acoustic guitar in my room.

Yeah, playing by yourself can get boring for sure. That's why I rarely do it anymore. I used to do it all the time. Now I pretty only much play when I'm with friends who play and/or my bands.

Get one of your bands back together and tour with this band.

Heh, they're both together--just not playing shows at the moment. Writing material.

Videotape is currently the only song I can play on the piano.

That was one of the first ones that I learnt as well. Radiohead is actually a great band for learning piano, as Thom follows the same basic patterns for most all of the songs (or at least the ones that I have been playing).

Back
Top Bottom