'Freaks And Geeks' appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Why was this show cancelled??? :huh: I absolutely :love: this show and everything about it! Actually it's funny, I didn't even know about this show or the short run season on NBC back in '99. One of my housemates happened to bring his friend's DVD set of F&G home one day and I thought I'd check it out. What a great show!!! What amazing music of the times to accompany it with! It has definitely become my all-time favorite American TV series.

I loved Freaks and Geeks! It was the story of my life - I went to a Midwestern high school in the early 1980s and I was a geek who sometimes hung out with freaks!

I'd buy the DVD set but they are so expensive. I wish the library would have TV shows on DVD available for loan, just like they do movie DVDs.

Watched the 'Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers' episode again last night. Everytime I hear the Who's Love Reign O'er Me these days, the image that instantly comes to mind is Bill Haverchuck sitting down for breakfast and seeing his gym teacher in underwear drinking from HIS cup. :lol:

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Maybe I should cross-post this with the "famous people you've met" thread, but I met Busy Phillips who plays Kim (the blond Freak), and she was VERY, very nice.

She seemed to also feel really bad about the show being cancelled. And she promised she wouldn't tell anyone that I watched Dawson's Creek regularly (she was on that show too for a couple years).

Anyway, that DVD boxed set is one of the best things I've ever seen created for fans. There is so much stuff on there, some of the best $50 I've ever spent. It's really funny listening to the commentaries and hearing the actors talk about the episodes. The behind the scenes stuff is cool as well.

laz

I have this whole set--got it for Christmas last year. LOVE this show so much, and the people who made this show were obviously huge music geeks. Lots of good tunes featured in series.

I agree, "Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers" is a fab episode...but my favorite scene is when "I'm One" is playing and Bill is laughing at Gary Shandling doing stand-up. That's such a great scene.

:heart:

Back
Top Bottom