Desert Island VI Album Game: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. phanan
2. Axver
3. KhanadaRhodes
4. coolian2
5. phillyfan26
6. LemonMacPhisto
7. LemonMelon
8. hardyharhar
9. AtomicBono
10. Mr. V
11. Reggo
12. the tourist
13. gump
14. bono_212
15. GirlsAloudFan
16. impy13
17. Irishteen
18. Laura M
19. Salome
20. The Sad Punk
ALT 1. Joey788
ALT 2.

1. phanan
2. Axver
3. KhanadaRhodes
4. coolian2
5. phillyfan26
6. LemonMacPhisto
7. LemonMelon
8. hardyharhar
9. AtomicBono
10. Mr. V
11. Reggo
12. the tourist
13. gump
14. bono_212
15. GirlsAloudFan
16. impy13
17. Irishteen
18. Laura M
19. Salome
20. The Sad Punk
ALT 1. Joey788
ALT 2. onebloodonelife

Thanks, Phanan! Could you please e-mail me if I get in? My e-mail is zebra fun 7 @ hotmail . com

Thanks

My cover art's coming along nicely. Should be able to pack everything up and send within the week.

My cover art is completed. I just need to name the discs and then do a little write up. OH, and I need to do the formatted order.

Phanan, are there guidelines for uploading the files (should I add a playlist file along with the music files themselves? Are aac files ok or should I convert them to mp3?).

You should upload your files all in one folder to make it easier for everyone to download it. I recommend using zip or rar.

As for the files themselves, I prefer mp3, but aac is ok. Just make sure nothing is protected.

You should upload your files all in one folder to make it easier for everyone to download it. I recommend using zip or rar.

As for the files themselves, I prefer mp3, but aac is ok. Just make sure nothing is protected.

Ok, thanks. I will convert everything into mp3 just in case.

Yeah, please zip them altogether or something. It's a drag to have to download the tracks individually, especially when you get all of the other entries at once.

phanan - what's the ruling on unofficial mashups/remixes? If they're released on the artist's myspace are they allowed?

I've been thinking about the groups, and how it will come together this time.

I've decided that it's just going to be too much of a hassle to try to have people rank all the playlists and then use that to create the groups. This game is long enough as it is; I don't want to add to it.

At the same time, I understand that when done randomly, on occasion certain groups could turn out being harder to navigate through than others (hell, Group 4 from DI4 will probably go down as the toughest group ever).

To that end, I will still be deciding on the groups, but it won't be random.

The top four finishers from DI5 will each be in one of the groups. Then, the next four that qualified for the semis will be split up accordingly. In addition, I will take into account veterans of the game and the history they've had in the competition (for example, while LMP wasn't a semifinalist last time out, he is still a two time defending champion, and that holds some weight with the placements, perhaps as much as someone who was a semifinalist last time out). Also, I will look at past groups and try to put players together who haven't been in the same group before (or in a long while).

So that's the direction I'm going in, and I will do my best to make it as fair as possible. Hope everyone is ok with that.

Excellent. I've been wanting a system of this kind since DI4. Randomizing seems more fair on paper, but it rarely ever turns out that way.

I've been thinking about the groups, and how it will come together this time.

I've decided that it's just going to be too much of a hassle to try to have people rank all the playlists and then use that to create the groups. This game is long enough as it is; I don't want to add to it.

At the same time, I understand that when done randomly, on occasion certain groups could turn out being harder to navigate through than others (hell, Group 4 from DI4 will probably go down as the toughest group ever).

To that end, I will still be deciding on the groups, but it won't be random.

The top four finishers from DI5 will each be in one of the groups. Then, the next four that qualified for the semis will be split up accordingly. In addition, I will take into account veterans of the game and the history they've had in the competition (for example, while LMP wasn't a semifinalist last time out, he is still a two time defending champion, and that holds some weight with the placements, perhaps as much as someone who was a semifinalist last time out). Also, I will look at past groups and try to put players together who haven't been in the same group before (or in a long while).

So that's the direction I'm going in, and I will do my best to make it as fair as possible. Hope everyone is ok with that.

It's a good system, and made even better by the fact that you are very wise, so your decisions will most certainly be good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom