Are there any LiverpoolFC season/PTS members on here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
I'm desperately after 2 tickets for the Blackburn game on Oct 14, but due to the fact that we are flying from Australia to attend and are therefore not members, we are taking a huge and possibly really expensive risk by relying on luck in the general sale. The ticketing system in the UK for football games is something else. I have never seen anything like this. It's probably easier to win lotto!

Anyway, does anyone know how we might be able to secure 2 tickets in one of the special folks sales before the general?
I'll go to great lengths to repay your kindness if you can help. I'm serious.

Aren't there any lfc supporters clubs in Aus. If so contact your nearest branch, tell them your situation, they should know how to contact a branch in the UK, & they should be able to at least tell you how to obtain tickets, if not get you some.
If that fails, whilst you're over here ther's more than a good chance you'd get tickets for a Champions League match, I'm not a member of MUFC anymore but can easily get hold of tix forChamps League games at OT.

Ooh, that's an idea. I didn't think of supporters clubs over here.
Re: Champions League though, I thought they were even harder to come by. But I will recheck it all.

Thanks, jimmmm!

Angela, how long are you going to be here for, I've looked at LFC's upcoming fixtures for Oct. & Nov.

October
Sat, 14th H Blackburn (PREM.)
15:00 -
Wed, 18th A Bordeaux (U.C.L.)
19:45 -
Sun, 22nd A Man Utd (PREM.)
13:00 -
Sat, 28th H Aston Villa (PREM.)
Tue, 31st H Bordeaux (U.C.L.)
November
Sat, 4th H Reading (PREM.)
Sun, 12th A Arsenal (PREM.)
16:00 -
Sat, 18th A Middlesbro (PREM.)
17:15
Wed, 22nd H PSV (U.C.L.)
Sat, 25th H Man City (PREM.)
Wed, 29th H Portsmouth (PREM.)

I used to know a couple of match going LFC fans, if I can contact them they might be able to get their hands on some tix, but its a long time since I've seen either of them, so continue with your enquiries your end, & if I can contact them I'll let you know, good luck.

Looking at the carling cup draw, you'll definetly get into anfield for that fixture if you're in England on that date.

I had no luck with the club or e-bay or anything so far. The general sale is on tomorrow evening Sydney time, so at 5.30pm I will know for sure if I can get tickets. We're going staright to Dublin on the 11th of October, and will head to Liverpool after a couple of days to hire a car and drive around the place for a bit. We then planned on driving slowly down to London to do the rest.

With the Carling game, we're going to Paris on that date which is a real bugger. Would it be a real pain for you to get in touch with your mates? I dont want to put you out at all, and even the advice you've given so far has been helpful. Do your friends live in the area? This must be like buying concert tickets every few weeks for you guys who live close enough to go see games regularly!

You're a legend, Jim! I'll let you know how I go tomorrow with the general sale, if ther's any tickets left, even. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks matie.
:)

7 goddamn hours I have been dialling and redialling. I have spoken to a total of 0 people at LFC having not been able to get through the phone queue, the mere 3 times I have got that far. This is a giant load of steaming bullshit. Utter balls.

Afraid to say I've drawn a blank on my mates Angela, they're both in Ireland on a long term contract, & neither have the same mobile no's. anymore.
One last suggestion, its not one I'd do personally, but, if its the same on match day at Anfield as it is at OT, there'll be plenty of touts near the ground, you'll obviously pay more than face value, but at least you'll get in.

Thanks so much for your efforts, Jim. You're brilliant. :up:
I checked some "ticket broker" sites last night. If necessary, we will resort to using their satan spawn services.

Do you get scalpers selling fake tickets, much? Or under cover police? Last thing I want is to go mental at being ripped off after all this, or worse, arrested for trying to purchase tickets illegally.

As I said before, can't really say with any confidence about the touts outside Anfield(scousers don't get their reputation for nothing), but if they're anything like the ones outside OT, the worst thing that'll happen is ridiculous price for the tickets, if they were selling duds, they wouldn't be outside many football stadiums in England for too long.

Ah, you're a legend anyway. Thanks for trying, and for all the advice.
We got some tickets with brilliant seats to the Fulham/Villa game in London, so that will (have to) do unless we can find a scalper who doesn't want our souls in return. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom